Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    Nor does it's absence give you the right to declare how people should or shouldn't speak!
    Welcome to the real world, outside of the sheltered closet your parents managed to keep you stuffed in. Everyone has a right to talk how they want andyou have the right to walk away/ignore and/or mute anyone too. You don't have the right to deny others theirs but your condoning it be done by Anet. If the shoe were on the other foot, you ppl would be the first to whine!
    Actually, they do have the right to prevent people. It's their game, after all. Just as you do not have the right to say whatever you like on this forum. Or even, you do not have the right to say whatever you like in real life.

People don't have a right to talk however they want. There's numerous exceptions to the so called free speech.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 03:12 PM.

I have live all over the world and this does not surprise me in the least. The United States is (apart from a few middle eastern places) the most intolerant place in the world, which is kind of funny because most Americans think of themselves as enlightened and open minded when actually they are the witch hunters. I think this is because most Americans have never really left America and seen what the rest of the world (eg Europe) is like.

It is amazing how people allow words to control them. If you allow someone else's words to change your feelings or actions you give them control over you because words are easy to say and manipulate. I teach my children to not allow others to control their feelings with simple words. I think too many people are way too thinned skinned. I remember living in England and Holland, people there were much more relaxed and didn't want to burn people at the stake for saying words.

What is more evil, saying a word or taking away a family's livelihood and causing them to lose their house over a word?

Racism is alive and well in America, but restrictions only apply to some races...the irony....other races can be as racist as they like and it's even applauded.

Destroy a family's future over words....gg America

This sure escalated quickly...

10+ Year Old Account
    See now this is why the last one got locked because were escalating down a different route than what the OP was hoping :S

i got banned for the name Obamacare

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cartmanthehutt View Post
    i got banned for the name Obamacare
    Not sure if serious if you are, lol silly banning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Kinda ironic you say grow up since the people that would be offended are the grownups, not the kids.

Juvenile "rebels" that do things for the lulz are the worst kind of people in any game, the are the ones that needs to grow up.

I love ANet even more now than I used to, and no banning people will have little impact on ANet, box sales are enough to keep the game profitable
    Im sorry but i have to disagree with you on this.... i am almost 35 years old and im not offended by this, so not all the grown ups will be offended..
    when i was a bit younger everything like that would make me feel uncomfortable, so pherhaps i has never a "rebel".. but as you grow older your view of the world and opinions change, so....
    And in my opinion words like "nigga" and "pedobear" (just a few ex. from this thread) are not offensive, especially in a game were you want to let go off reallity and have fun...
    The context where you use those words is the thing that could make those words offensive... but not in a char name...
    but meh... diferent generations and cultures, so i might be wrong...
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2012-08-26 at 03:25 PM.

This is ridiculous, Anet is only doing this because their game has no subscription... I won't be buying this game because of it, i like to cuss and I won't buy a shitty game that won't allow me to be even creative with my name. shitty company will always be shitty

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    This is ridiculous, Anet is only doing this because their game has no subscription... I won't be buying this game because of it, i like to cuss and I won't buy a shitty game that won't allow me to be even creative with my name. shitty company will always be shitty
    I believe you will find most people apathetic towards your situation.

LOL @ people who thing nigga pls is a racial slur and even has the possibility of being offensive to ANYONE.

Also swearing is great when used correctly. Deal with it.

ALSO DAMN, does this mean I wont be able to use the name "Hang'all Knee-gros"?
    ps this is a joke and I hope it offends each and every one of you deeply enough to call your congressman. (or woman, I'm not SEXIST LOL)

Actually, it is, so let's not use it in these forums. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-26 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I believe you will find most people apathetic towards your situation.
    Here's the thing I dont give a rat ass for what 'most people' think about anything... Anet lost a potential buyer because of it... I'm not here to be judged by 'most people' on what they think is right or fair.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Not sure if serious if you are, lol silly banning.
    sarcasm has no font type

Quote Originally Posted by cartmanthehutt View Post
    sarcasm has no font type
    It fools the best of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    banned for character names? imagine how many legolas variations and narutos will get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    banned for character names? imagine how many legolas variations and narutos will get banned.
    It will be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    What? Why? I do understand if someone names their character "PenisObrian" or similar. But come on, "BruceLee" or similar names can get you banned?
    I don't particularly find names of that sort funny or even witty. I don't understand why people take an issue with them not being allowed. They're just stupid names that make no sense in the game environment.

It supose to be a FUN NAME, u want everyone to be a fucking square and call themselfs George or something?: jesus this is a game is supose to be fun, nobody like to stare at a toon named 'jack' or 'arthur'.... oh wait arthur can get u banned too!!! rofl so much fail

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I don't particularly find names of that sort funny or even witty. I don't understand why people take an issue with them not being allowed. They're just stupid names that make no sense in the game environment.
    so much fail in all your posts...
    /facepalm

Please refrain from flaming other posters that are just stating their opinions. ~Zil
    Last edited by Zilong; 2012-08-26 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    so much fail you all your posts...
    /facepalm
    Well, I hope it was worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Well obviously you learned nothing nor will as your thread gets locked then the 1st thing you do is open another thread on the same subject then blast the Mod for locking it. Shows how you will "learn" from it...... gotcha

Not only that but if you lack the skills to interact with others in public, which is more or less what any MMO is I would be stunned if anything was learned from a thread like this. If you haven't sorted it out in however many years you have been on the planet (I am guessing about 12) it is very unlikely any progress will be made on a thread in MMOchamp LMAO
    tbf u should be the one who should learn..
    love how on these mmo champ forums, people tend to flame.. offend.. troll and go offtopic all the time.. why not just stick to the subject of the thread and not talking about other sht? how about that? maybe? no? ... this thread is doomed again.. cuz if one starts.. others just have to jump in (like me) ..

But to the topic.. i personally have the same oppinion as most, that geting a perm ban is just redic. A warning.. and some followup action would be better, but not perm bans, or even temp bans.