Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can understand the desire to do other things. I appreciated the addon very much. Thanks for the time you spent when you were working on it, and have fun with the things you are doing now.

Deleted
    Thank you LEVVA! Your addon will be missed..

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It SHOULD be ready for Tuesday..
    Thanks a lot, I think many of enhancement shamans will appreciate this addon and your hard work..

zomg just asked for your addon on another thread... im in panic now

no way in hell to make you change your mind? maybe add a "donate" to it, so we can contribute to make u play 4 free to a while, considering your helping the enhance comunity?

When I finally got a chance to DPS in Ulduar, your addon helped me pick up the rotation. While I respect your choice, like many, I can't be anything but sad to see you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    I've not played WoW for around 14 months since about 5-6 weeks after last expansion. I just completely lost interest and cancelled my subscription.

However recently I've had a lot of emails asking if my Addon ShockAndAwe for Enhancement Shaman will be updated for MoP as it is completely broken in beta (due to total revamp of talents that some of the code relies on). The answer is no sorry I have no plans to shell out cash for WoW and without a subscription I can't login and if I can't login I cannot change the code and see if it works. To be honest I have no motivation to login to change the code anyway.

So to all the Enhancement Shaman out there who used my addon and particularly to the many friends who helped and supported me by providing feedback and suggestions, as well as helping testing the interfacing with Rawr & EnhSim sorry but this marks the end of the line for me. Perhaps someone else will write a shiny new addon for Enhancement Shaman. In fact maybe they already have! I've not looked perhaps you should?

I know this is Shocking and may cause a Maelstrom of panic, but don't go into a Shamanistic Rage you will simply have to Purge the addon from your machine. (All puns intended).

All the best for MoP for those of you that bother to buy it.

Levva
    You were a great theorycrafter and I appreciate all the efforts you put into making the shaman community a better place than the rest. I can only speak for myself but ShockandAwe was the best addon for both beginners to learn rotations and advanced users who didnt want to use a /castrandom during WoTLK and i remember relying on it extensively when i first joined the enhancement shaman ranks (I played war from vanilla beta-start of WotLK).

I hope that whatever else you do, that you find success.

Another alternative (although an Enhancement config has yet to be written) is http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Continued.html
    I've used this since sometime during Wrath as Elemental and found it very useful.

Before I move on with the meat of my post, I'd like to add my thanks for Levva's contributions over the years; I used ShockandAwe when I first made the switch to Enh back in WotLK, and it was a big help, and it's always sad to see a classic tool fall to the wayside.

That said, any Enhancement players looking for a new CD tracking package might be interested to know that I am planning to include an Enhancement layout in my "Elemental Auras" package, which is currently Elemental-only. It's based on Weakauras, so it should automatically identify whichever spec you're in, and the base addon IS being updated for 5.0; I'm working with it on the beta trying to get the package ready.

I wasn't planning on announcing this before the sudden reveal in a few days, but given that many of you might start scrambling to figure out what you'll do if ShockandAwe won't work any more, I figured I'd leak the announcement here a little early. It SHOULD be ready for Tuesday; it's about half done but while I was planning to finish it this weekend, I just got hauled in to help a cousin move for today, so it may be a little late.

Hi Endus!

Just wondering whether can you release some playable Alpha/Beta version of your addon so we can test it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segasik View Post
    Hi Endus!

Just wondering whether can you release some playable Alpha/Beta version of your addon so we can test it
    I should have it ready for tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I have everything updated for Elemental, and the only bits I need to add for Enhancement are Feral Spirit and LL/SF tracking, and I know how I'm doing the latter at least (FS is more about figuring out where I want to put it).

I'd been hoping to add trinket tracking if I can get WA to identify trinkets reactively rather than having to include each potential proc by hand, but I haven't had a chance to work on that yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endus, I am really grateful to see that you will be including Enh in a priority Addon for shamans. My boyfriend, who is very new to WoW, wanted to start a shaman for the new expansion and he will need an addon with priority recommendation to help him learn the class when we play together.

May i make a small recommendation? include the option to insert Healing Stream Totem at the end of Enhancement's priority queue. Since Enh has gaps in its cooldown rotation, HST can from time to time be fit into those gaps with no particular loss to dps.

HI Endus,

One more thing any chance that you can add option to change priority by user's ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Endus, I am really grateful to see that you will be including Enh in a priority Addon for shamans. My boyfriend, who is very new to WoW, wanted to start a shaman for the new expansion and he will need an addon with priority recommendation to help him learn the class when we play together.

May i make a small recommendation? include the option to insert Healing Stream Totem at the end of Enhancement's priority queue. Since Enh has gaps in its cooldown rotation, HST can from time to time be fit into those gaps with no particular loss to dps.
    Again, there will NOT be a priority suggestion feature in my package. I know a lot of people used ShockandAwe for that, but it's beyond what WeakAuras will let me do, and I don't have the interest in coding the feature in myself. It will strictly be a cooldown/aura tracker. I'm more interested in making the info you need to make smart choices more visible, rather than trying to tell you what to do and removing your need to make those choices.

The HST thing won't happen, because I'm not trying to track everything. One of my design ethics is trying to keep everything relatively simple, and if I have bars for every ability, I'll lose that. The current plan is to cover all DPS abilities, and if I get around to a Resto set eventually, I'll add HST for that spec alone. Off-healing for DPS specs, or defensive cooldowns, aren't something I'll be including, though you're more than welcome to take the time to figure out how WeakAuras works and make them yourself if you like; that's one of the reasons I'm basing this on such a powerful addon rather than trying to code a specific but inflexible addon package myself.

Well the good thing about shockandawe was telling us eyes shut what next skill to use, warning us about lacking searint totem, lack of lightning shield, weakauras seems more like warning us what skill is ready off cd? its not the same, or Endus is seting it up like shock was? Cause that addon makes a blind bat able to play enhancement..

Edit: nvm just noticed Endus's last post
    Last edited by Wildthing; 2012-08-28 at 01:58 PM.

It's been awhile since I've played enh, but this was always a great addon. Thank you for the contribution and good luck in wherever you pursue next!

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, there will NOT be a priority suggestion feature in my package.
    aww shucks.

well I understand.

I will probably try using the addon because it is still better than nothing; but i really hope a priority suggestion addon is developed because that is what my BF needs, (he is the 'blind bat' Wildthing is referring to).
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-28 at 03:36 PM.

I'm pretty sure every enhance shaman that has ever done research on their class has run into some Levva theorycrafting or explanations at some point. Thank you so much for your contributions. Enhance shamans wouldn't be the same without you.

As for Endus, you've got some shoes to fill . You should be fine, though. Thank you for including enhance. I'll look forward to trying it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    aww shucks.

well I understand.

I will probably try using the addon because it is still better than nothing; but i really hope a priority suggestion addon is developed because that is what my BF needs, (he is the 'blind bat' Wildthing is referring to).
    There are other addons out there you can use for that particular function, too; I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't going to be adding it. There's probably others with ability suggestions, but the one that springs to mind is Ovale Spell Priority

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Endus, I will look into Ovale and similar general addons.
    I cannot make addons, but i can at least configure them, so i should be able to make something for my BF to use.

This makes me sad! Nevertheless, thank you for all your work!

If you were using ShockAndAwe to know what ability to use and what came next you were setting yourself up for an under-par performance. It was very useful with audio alerts and knowing your timings on flame shock, wolves and mw charges though - really enjoyed the addon. Also, uptime on flurry and ele. devastation, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used ShockandAwe when I first started playing Enhancement, and I really appreciate for making the addon for all the shamans out there. Overtime I figured out the rotation on my own and memorized everything, so it became useless at that point. But really, it was a great addon.