Deleted

Gold and Professions.

I'll confess. During my many years playing WoW I have never really invested any time into professions. Sure, I have mining maxed out currently, but that's it. I have three relatively simple questions that could help me out greatly. What is the best profession for making gold? What profession has made you the most gold throughout your WoW playtime? What will be the best (if there will be one) profession for making gold in MoP?

Thanks a lot.

Inscription - Got a bank char only for inscription that has a million gold obtained in statistics Still think glyphs will be pretty popular in MoP. Since you already have mining consider JC - you can always make a lot of money on buying cheap gems/ore and cutting expensive gems for sale.

Deleted
    I've always considered enchanting to be the hard to max out-crazy gold making profession. How does it fare nowadays compared to Inscription and JC?

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 01:44 PM ----------

Wouldn't mind a few more opinions, thanks.

Deleted
    JC is the top, but its more about the player playing than a single profession. These days people are looking at synergies and multiple professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can make a ton of gold mining and selling the ore/bars.

Enchanting is a great earner. Being able to disenchant epics you don't want is always a perk. While frowned upon - you can always need epics at the end of a dungeon and d/e them to pick up a quick 250g. Or go farm quests in zoned you missed while leveling and d/e the rewards for essences.

JC has been my top earner of all time, though, like many others.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Personally I would recommend that you go with herbalism. This complements your mining in that while mining you can pick herbs at the same time.

At the start of an expansion gathering professions are MASSIVE money makers. All the JC/Blacksmiths and Alchemists/Inscriptionists will be paying top gold for stacks of herbs and ores/bars. You can easily top 400g or more per stack for those who want to get server firsts, or just to get their skill up. During the first few weeks is when you are going to make your money and the market may stabilize or you may find that it is still profitable.

With regards to professions I've probably made 6-10M or more gold from JC/enchanting. However, that is once the market as matured and depends greatly on if you are on a high pop server or not. I also maximized profit by mining my own ores when leveling up my alts but you don't have to do this. It all depends on how you want to make your gold.

If you go the gathering route make sure that when you put your ores/bars/herbs on the AH that you make a note of who buys, this way you can whisper them and make some sort of deal with them. Sell them gathered stuff via COD and you avoid all the AH cuts.

Deleted
    It will depend how populated realm you play on and how much competition you would have. Generally, Inscr, JC and Ench seems to be safe choices.

What is the best profession for making gold?

JC/Enchanting/Inscription

What profession has made you the most gold throughout your WoW playtime?

JC/Enchanting.

What will be the best (if there will be one) profession for making gold in MoP?

JC/Enchanting.

Havent pretty gotten to know which proff are most profitable on my server yet. But my main is a LW/Alch, and ive never actually gotten any golds out of leatherworking. But with alchemy and herbalism on my alt, im earning around 8k pr week with transmutes, flasks, volatiles and cata herbs. Got even a bank-alt stored with lots of levling herbs thats been selling good lately. Still, 8k a week aint what im aiming for, but it isnt bad. So atm im lvling mining/skinning as gatheringproffs on my second alt, and lvling enchanting too.

But i think alchemy will be quite OP profitable when mop launch, and you should really have herbalism.

It 100% depends on your server's economy. For example on my server Alliance side it is impossible to make decent gold from Inscription because there is one person that seemingly has devoted his life to dominating the glyph market. On the Horde side it is very easy to make decent gold from glyphs because there is no hardcore competition. Just an example but you get my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    A simple google search will provide a plethora of information on this, there's a whole community dedicated to gold making from blogs such as my own, to forums, even podcasts. I suggest you start with http://stormspire.net/content/ they have lots of good information for beginners

gathering doing 2 of mine/herb/skin
    -collect, mail to bank alt, and sell on AH
    -never have to beg in trade chat for work/tips
    -level faster
    -never be blind to farming older areas. so many players get new expansion blind and only farm the latest one. that's why you see elementium/obsidium/pyrite stacks at 12-20g or less. while fel iron/adamanite/cobalt are at 70-120G+ or see copper stacks for 50G+, tin stacks at 75G+
    -same goes for herbs and leathers

fishing
    - boring for some
    - deviate fish still make gold in a game 8 years old
    - hi level fish sell cooked or uncooked for serious gold since van-WOW
    - since WOTLK fish provided even more serious buffs, went higher in CATA, new MOP recipes are insanely buffed (pandas get 2X of them). there will always a demand for them

enchanting
    DE and sell mats
    Last edited by pinkz; 2012-08-28 at 05:46 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    depends on how much time you wanna spend on it. Enchanting you can make 1000-2000 gold a day with about 5 minutes of work just buying greens, DEing them and reselling the mats.
    JC/mining, you have to actually mine or buy.

mining is great. have made tons of gold through melting. some things are so weirdly priced that you can make up to 500% just through this.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This all depends (imo) on the time you wish to spend. Currently I see profession built into categories; continual demand on end product, continual demand on supply to produce and one off and costly.

Continual demand on end products;

JC, Enchanting and Alchemy fall into this the most. New gear requires new gems, new enchants. New raid nights require pots and flasks. This demand is consistent from the beginning of any new content right through to the end of most games. You can make large spike profits at the start of a new game (i.e first raid in MOP) and a steady decline in profit hereafter. Competition is high due to it being a popular market. You will have sell cheap and sell lots further into the game to dominate and stay competitive.

Supply to produce:

Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, Fishing; The previous market requires mats. Most people will farm their own. Others will buy mats cheap and covert into profit. This is probably the most boring of the three I see. However with AOE looting in place Skinning will be amazing and leather will flood the market in time. This requires a lot of time (or very good farm spot) and a steady market to make profit. This is a sell when high, retain when low form of gold making. You need to set a price for these mats and stick to it.

One off, expensive.

These are your BIS Tailoring, BS and LW crafted items. Hard to secure the mats, yet a massive profit. Engineering profits from mounts and JC will do too. This market doesn't last long. Mats need to be acquired quickly and sold high. Once people clear content faster prices drop ten fold.

You can mix such disciplines; you can supply one type of mat, while buying and converting into end products with another profession. Mining and Alchemy. JC and skinning etc. Hope this helps.