Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The I Wish Some One Told Me Thread

Some are new to GW and some are not, some played Beta and some did not, in any case it would be really cool if people post things they wish they knew about before starting the game!

* Though you can not craft with items in your bank, once at a crafting station accessing the bank is possible and actually pretty easy.
    * To gather simply buy the tools, equip them and gather everything and anything you come across.
    * WvW give lots of XP and you can mine gold and other commodities.

Look forward to reading what others wished they knew before starting your first character!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2012-08-26 at 12:16 PM.

*Marked for reading

Deleted
    Yup those are helpful to anyone who didn't realize it but at the same time I've been telling my mates to get the tools and farm away for the last 10 levels ( we are 15 ish ) they took long enough but they finally understood that this is not wow and they don't need skills or to carry around ores with them all day.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2012-08-26 at 12:33 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    * Holding down CTRL will show names above nodes/mobs. Very handy when you see, for example, a copper node on the map but can't easily find it amongst other rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldred View Post
    * Holding down CTRL will show names above nodes/mobs. Very handy when you see, for example, a copper node on the map but can't easily find it amongst other rocks.
    Oo nice thanks did not know that

Deleted
    You can send gather/crafting items directly to your bank without actually going there, right click on the mat and "send stackable item to storage" (not sure the exact wording is).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    You can send gather/crafting items directly to your bank without actually going there, right click on the mat and "send stackable item to storage" (not sure the exact wording is).
    Howly shit thanks didn't know that !!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    * WvW give lots of XP and you can mine gold and other commodities.
    I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

I spent hours in there earlier today and my xp bar hardly moved at all. I did every DE that was available to me while in the mists and I was finally like 'F it...its way faster to do PvE hearts/DE's'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Actually, you can send all your collectible items to your bank by clicking on that cogwheel icon on the top right corner of your inventory and clicking "Deposit all collectibles".
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2012-08-27 at 10:48 AM.

you can altclick on the map to set a personal waypoint! THIS IS AWESOME

Deleted
    The heritage armor you get from HoM points (and I assume all other cosmetic rewards from HoM) stack up to 250. If you want to use it, buy a full stack of each piece and you won't have to teleport back there each time you get an upgrade.

All your characters share the same bank which is awesome, as long as you spend Gems to buy more space

QUESTION: Could some one please explain to me instances -dungeons- as in when how and where?

You can deposit collectables from your bag directly into your collectables bank, and you can merge all bags together with the little gear icon in your inventory.

Crafting stations have bank tabs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    All your characters share the same bank which is awesome, as long as you spend Gems to buy more space

QUESTION: Could some one please explain to me instances -dungeons- as in when how and where?
    By the looks of things, your personal story will tell you where the dungeons are when you reach the appropriate level. (it also adds a bit more reason as to why the characters are in said dungeon).

Aslong as you keep up with doing your personal story quests at the required level then you wont have a problem ^^

I wish someone told me this game would be so good so I could've prepared better for the onslaught this game will have on my social life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldred View Post
    This one is actually kind of odd. Under keybinds "left CTRL" is labeled as "Show Enemy Names" yet if you enable the ability to always see "Enemy Names" it doesn't show nodes, but the CTRL key still does. Not sure which is a bug (a node really isn't an "Enemy"), but it seems like both should function the same.

You can hold shift and click on your minimap to ping a location. You can also hold shift and use your mouse to draw on the minimap.

Deleted
    * Get your celebratory baseball cap from the Black Lion Trading Company.

Not a super secret tip, but I could see some people forgetting about that. And we have only a week or 3 to grab this super duper awesome town gear.

These are some good tips. Subscribed for further reading. Thank you everyone.
    I'm still thinking about it...