Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Don't know if this counts, but we can no longer equip relics )= ( sad panda )

And like someone else mentioned, Sanctified wrath would be a clear choice for any tank. It ups the time you can have wings up, and gives you 20 % increased healing recieved. Meaning that in a high boss dmg period, you can give your healers a hand and upping their heals by 20%

Holy avenger on the other hand is a pure DPS CD, unless one is thinking of using WoG spam =P

Other then that, very nice m8 (=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post

Holy avenger on the other hand is a pure DPS CD, unless one is thinking of using WoG spam =P
    Which is a survivability tactic, just like 20% increased healing. i.e no one choice is clearly better.

I actually tried out divine purpose rather than Wrath or avenger.

If what ever you're doing doesn't have a spike period to make use of the other cool downs I found that divine purpose actually let me use more sotr to gain the damage reduction buff more often. It was a 55% damage reduction for me at the time and a bonus of having a 5 stack ready faster/more often.

It is a bit rng but that's smoothed over by the reasonable proc rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I only had that problem on one boss today, warlock kept pulling him off of me. Ran in with, obvious, taunt/shield/avenging wrath/holy avenger so I should've had it secured. I am annoyed by my aoe damage though.
    Had no problems with bosses.

Trash . . . fucking warlocks and their pet threat buff.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Had no problems with bosses.

Trash . . . fucking warlocks and their pet threat buff.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I ran with DP today and it was a joke. I even got rank 1 on ultraxion

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ction_Paladin/

And yes I know it says normal, logs decided we were doing normal mode, can't work out why but even if you move it across to heroic, it's still rank 1. The dps boost from DP if you get lucky is phenomenal, I even got a 189k SHOTR and multiple 100k + judgements, which if they're being chained is insane.

All I did on my gear was get hit/exp capped and then leave everything else alone. DP is looking solid. HA only looked appealing on spine to be honest. But it's hard to tell because we outgear the content so much and the nerf... bleargh.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    So do we want to use ShoR at 3 HP to maximize the buff uptime? I guess what I'm asking is, what's the point of 5 HP if we're going to use it up every 3 HP.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of 5HP is so we don't waste SHOTR uptime, and also when we can't be in melee range or we want to save SHOTR, we can build more holy power so we can get 2 in quick succession.

SHOTR buff lasts 3 seconds, due to the cooldown, if you cast another instantly through a DP proc it goes to 5 - it rolls and accumulates with itself. The upside of the extra is that if you would rather delay it and get an extended duration of uptime afterwards, you're rocking. It also means we'll waste less of our holy power if we hit the wrong button or someting, and whilst we're ranged we can hold that bit more Most of the time I just hit it at 3 but I go above that a lot for if I'm running away/towards something and I judge or have a Grand Crusader proc to use up.

Or that's what I make of it at least.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-08-29 at 11:33 PM.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Hello everyone. I wanna ask you this, whats going on with the Shield of the Righteous hitting only for 6.5k ? I didnt test in the raid yet but can we hold aggro with this damage? Thanks in advance!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziziz View Post
    Hello everyone. I wanna ask you this, whats going on with the Shield of the Righteous hitting only for 6.5k ? I didnt test in the raid yet but can we hold aggro with this damage? Thanks in advance!
    The main pala tank in our guild did have problems starting off but he got more used to it, in saying that though it does hit for low. I recommend Glyph of Alabaster Shield to increase the damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    The main pala tank in our guild did have problems starting off but he got more used to it, in saying that though it does hit for low. I recommend Glyph of Alabaster Shield to increase the damage.
    Well i do use the glyph, this damage is with glyph on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It scales really well with Vengeance. I mean really well. If you scroll up to look at my "rank 1" (which is now 3, grumble grumble) you'll see a 189k crit with SHOTR. Even on Morchok where my vengeance wasn't rising much, I was getting 70k crits. It seems way more variable but it goes up in raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziziz View Post
    Hits for low until Vengeance starts going up. Was critting for 95k in LFR on Tuesday. So yeah, it starts very low, but scales very well.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quick question - weakened blows only being provided by hotr is....clunky and annoying atm until i get used to it. what other classes/specs provide this debuff so i dont have to remember to use it in random pugs if it is already catered for?

Also re. major glyphs ....im using albaster shield and hotr atm, my thoughts for the third one being glyph of word of glory (3% increased holy damage after using WOG per HP spent for x secs) - thoughts?
    Also only tried DP atm but quite liking the uptime of it - nice to get so many back to back SotR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph wise I've been using Alabaster Shield and Divine Protection, coupled with Dazing Shield as I didn't like the empty slot. In hindsight I really should have used Protector of the Innocent or WoG instead.

As for providing weakened blows... I actually didn't bother last night. Bad tank right here, especially considering I was raid leading and shouting at everyone to not miss out spells. Anyway, Thunder Clap, Blood Boil, Keg Smash and Thrash also apply it.

Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Weakened_Blows
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-08-30 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Glyph wise I've been using Alabaster Shield and Divine Protection, coupled with Dazing Shield as I didn't like the empty slot. In hindsight I really should have used Protector of the Innocent or WoG instead.

As for providing weakened blows... I actually didn't bother last night. Bad tank right here, especially considering I was raid leading and shouting at everyone to not miss out spells. Anyway, Thunder Clap, Blood Boil, Keg Smash and Thrash also apply it.

Cheers for that Merin (i was doing a 5 man last night once the kids went to bed and wondered who was applying the weakened blows defuff on some trash - i saw it get applied and i was fairly sure it wasnt me :P - must have been a dps warrior maybe.)

With regards to the divine protection glyph.....i was quite pleased when this cd was changed to 40% magic damage default, one of the things i've always thought about as being a shield tank is that we've always had a truck load of physical damage reduction - the one place where we were vunerable was to magic damage. As such i just dont see the point of having a glyph to revert it back to a minor all damage reduction cd as opposed to a major magic damage reduction as it is now by default. Mastery and proper use of SotR should take care of anything physical. Just my 2 c.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 02:05 PM ----------

oh oh oh and another thing i realised last night.

Stacking strength "dps" trinket = pretty awesome tank trinket now? (much better then the stacking dodge one anyhoo).

Thoughts?

I've spent the last 2 nights running heroics on my prot paladin, getting used to the active mitigation strategy and for the most part I do enjoy it much more than before. There have been a couple of issues where I take some huge hits at the start of a boss fight, something I've not been used to on my pally. Murozond one shot me in the first 5 seconds of the fight last night, which was pretty crazy, imo...

Once I get my 5 stacks of holy power, it get's a lot easier, using SOTR every so often and word of glory when needed. Word of Glory feels great, btw. I've seen it drop some huge heals (60k at one point) which seems a little OP, but I'm not complaining. It's nice to have consecration up and working once again. I took divine purpose over holy avenger. Tried Holy Avenger on a couple of runs and always felt conflicted on whether I should be saving it, or using it... Divine purpose is RNG, but I find the uptime to be pretty good and in some cases I've been able to spam sotr and/or word of glory which felt very good. Sacred Shield seems to do a nice job, I haven't look at any log data as of yet, but it "seems" pretty cool.

Overall, I'm enjoying my paladin. Can't wait to get my power auras back up and running so I can start tracking my buffs, debuffs and procs...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vsiam/advanced
    Last edited by Javster; 2012-08-30 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Javster View Post
    I've spent the last 2 nights running heroics on my prot paladin, getting used to the active mitigation strategy and for the most part I do enjoy it much more than before. There have been a couple of issues where I take some huge hits at the start of a boss fight, something I've not been used to on my pally. Murozond one shot me in the first 5 seconds of the fight last night, which was pretty crazy, imo...

Once I get my 5 stacks of holy power, it get's a lot easier, using SOTR every so often and word of glory when needed. Word of Glory feels great, btw. I've seen it drop some huge heals (60k at one point) which seems a little OP, but I'm not complaining. It's nice to have consecration up and working once again. I took divine purpose over holy avenger. Tried Holy Avenger on a couple of runs and always felt conflicted on whether I should be saving it, or using it... Divine purpose is RNG, but I find the uptime to be pretty good and in some cases I've been able to spam sotr and/or word of glory which felt very good. Sacred Shield seems to do a nice job, I haven't look at any log data as of yet, but it "seems" pretty cool.

Overall, I'm enjoying my paladin. Can't wait to get my power auras back up and running so I can start tracking my buffs, debuffs and procs...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vsiam/advanced
    Yes i quite agree about DP - not having the button to press means that it is never "wasted" as it were. I think it will be my default talent that tier.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 02:12 PM ----------

meh should really do some work, but want to try out my tankadin more! (only done 2 hcs so far lol!)

10+ Year Old Account
    HA is ever so technically slightly better but I agree that Divine Purpose "feels" nicer hence outside of fights when you know there will be a bursty phase (eg heroic spine) DP will be picked.

And 60k WoG, pah, I raise you a 200k WoG crit on Spine heroic last night
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-08-30 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

Ooh, thanks for that link, was looking for it. I also didn't bother with Weakened Blows, and probably should start thinking about working it into my rotation (at least, just to keep the buff up) but since my tank partner is a warrior, I guess I don't need to use it. DPS warriors don't make us of Tclap do they? If not then I know to use HotR when he goes DPS for single tank fights.

And I agree about DP. Even though it's random, it procs a lot and appears to be the best talent for maximizing the ShoR buff. Had it proc 4-5 times in a row several times last night.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, has our mastery been nerfed to the ground or what's going on? I've lost about 20-30% CTC. Is that really intended? I'm at 29.8 parry, 14.9 dodge and just 30% block. Feels like I'm going to get 2 hitted in a raid.

And another thing. Why is Crusader Strike/HotR now on a 4.5 sec cooldown? Wasn't it 3.0 before the patch? Is it so we can spam Sacred Shield instead?
    Last edited by 4liv3; 2012-08-30 at 04:54 PM.