Help/advice on getting "that" feel back in games

I made the decision that I'll be switching back to console gaming once the next generation of consoles is out. I haven't owned a console since the N64 and original Playstation. Basically I want to get that "feel" back of playing games laid back on the coach.

Not worrying about things you gotta worry about on PC whether new releases are even going to make it or having to deal with crap ports. I just wanna return to the simple ways of gaming especially since as of the past few years consoles have pretty much taken the spotlight away from PC gaming and it doesn't seem that's going to change anytime soon.

Im tired of the competitiveness on PC gaming. I use to love being all serious about it but I'm not into it anymore. I just want to return to casual console lounge room gaming playing fun adventurist single player games.

I really miss all the old Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda. Looking forward to the Wii U to get my Nintendo hit and then pretty excited to see how the next consoles from Sony and Microsoft turn out. Going to be nice to be able to be gaming from the comfort of my lounge room with the proper surround sound and much bigger and better display with my dog next to me. Instead of having to play it all serious mode on my desk workbench area in my study room. All while having to worry about drivers, patches, hackers, pirates, crap ports or no releases at all.

It's funny I'm in this situation because one of my friends did the same thing back in 2006 (he made the switch back to consoles) and I gave him shit for it. But now all this time down the track his never been more happy with his decision to return back to consoles yet here I am sick and tired of dealing with the issues you must deal with as a PC gamer.

I'm just too old for this shit man!

Deleted
    There is a question in the title but you seem to have found the answer already, so what is this thread for?

Deleted
    If you decided that you will return to consoles,then it's good.Fortunately there are a lot of good titles on consoles and i believe if you start playing again on consoles you will get that feeling back.I myself am a PC gamer but i own and a PS3 which is good for the times i want to relax.As you said with consoles you have to worry for less things.

Deleted
    I tried this step while PS3 was released but it didn't held so long.
    After a while controller-gaming was just bad, i missed my mouse and keyboard.
    But good luck to you

Nothing can get "that feel" back until real actual new generation of games. We're too stuck on same level for years now to be amuzed any longer. I personally twitch and shudder every time my character touches a low tree branch or a tall grass and it doesn't even moves a bit. Or when I shoot into a bottle and it just ignores my bullets like nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    Nothing can get "that feel" back until real actual new generation of games. We're too stuck on same level for years now to be amuzed any longer. I personally twitch and shudder every time my character touches a low tree branch or a tall grass and it doesn't even moves a bit. Or when I shoot into a bottle and it just ignores my bullets like nothing happened.
    You're going too much into details and stuff like that. Doesn't matter at all if the game is fun, you can use that judgemental thinking when watching TV.

Console gaming is indeed more laid back, so I'm sure you'll love going back to it.