Voters
872. This poll is closed
  • I would save my loyal pet.

543 62.27%
  • I would save the random stranger.

329 37.73%
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i looked at this in more an apocalyptic setting, and in that regard i would have to think about which is more beneficial there, a 97 year old woman that would probably die shortly after or a rescue dog of some sort? a similarly aged person who is trained in survival or some cat that will only just eat me after i die? i mean i can never look at these life and death situations without thinking of bigger details, because i will always weigh the different variables against each other, but if you want to talk complete random human, or my current pet which is just a cat? well im sorry Minny, but you couldn't turn around and save my life, the human could.

it seems that most ppl would save their dog, and i guess i can understand that, but what if, the stranger is the opposite sex, the world is ending and you could be the ones that have to restart the human race? would you save your dog and die as the last human in existence?
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Ha. Wonder how they'll answer this one.

I never said that he should die. I merely cited an example of someone that serves no real use to humanity. And donating money to charity and publicizing it does not mean you are a good person. It boosts his record sales. He probably recouped the 500k on his last single....
    Altruistic or not, donating money to a charity whether for personal gain or not, is still more than someone that wants to give money to a charity but cannot.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

my dog ofc, humans are overrated

The fluffy little bastard known as my cat.

Why? Because i've known my cat for 9 years, i've known that stranger for 9 minutes. I have no idea who they are. Their loss does not effect me at all.

Hey, it's selfish but at the end of the day i want my cat over a "thanks" from a stranger, who i just gave 9 years of companionship up for

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Disregarding human life for an animal is inhumane. If you answer you'd save the pet here, go join the animal kingdom. Sends shivers down my spine that this sort of argument is even being had.
    Really because unlike humans, Pets are honest,loyal,faithful.loving,innocent 100% of the time
    Humans on the otherhand are just under the delusion of being superior and only show the above qualities when it suits their needs.

Of course I see mankind as the incurable parasitic entity that it is.

Simply put I know an animal is worth saving yet the human could be a lawyer/politician/banker/rapist/murderer and since I don't know this person before hand why risk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Altruistic or not, donating money to a charity whether for personal gain or not, is still more than someone that wants to give money to a charity but cannot.
    What about middle class volunteers? Money donated to charity is not quite a humanity metric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    Well said.
    What you say it really scary you talk about a cat as a toy i thing with no conscience, feelings. You do understand a cat dog whatever can be depressed, anxious, sad happy, lonely, hurt?

Well as there are a lot of things that could change ones choice not mentioned, I'd probably just save my pet.

Deleted
    My beloved pet. Definitely.

My cat accompanied me for about 23 years - there is NO way I'd pick a random stranger over her. Absolutely out of the question.

my dog of course, with no second thoughts. if you had never had a dog then you can't really understand it, so it's fine. and i find it actually healthier than to save a stranger that i don't care about. but again, if you don't have a dog you don't know

15+ Year Old Account
    if you let a person die because of this philosophy to save an animal, you would go to prison. GO FIGURE. STUNNING how blind people get by this animal rights crusade
    As I said, each person gives different values to different things.

Your concept of a pet may just be a replaceable entertainment.
    Someone else's concept of a pet may be a friend you build a relationship with and dedicate to.

Trying to enforce your narrow-minded notion of moral priorities is folly.

I'll rephrase my earlier statement.

In general, I'll save the person.
    But I believe it is possible to be attached to a pet to the point you'd save the pet instead - and I don't consider that inhuman at all.
    However, no amount of love for a pet would make me save a pet instead of a child.

See, I have my own set of morals, but I don't parade them as absolute - I find that immature.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2012-08-26 at 02:49 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    'More' to who?

The single mother that puts 100 dollars in a charity donation box just to help those worse off even though she is working 2 jobs, means FAR more in my eyes, than Bieber tossing out a 500k check that he could wipe his ass with and not even flinch.

You can't look at this from a strictly monetary perspective. If that is the case then your life is not as valuable as that of millionaires.

Deleted
    This one is easy.

A being you love
    or a being you don't love

I'd rescue my dog. Being human is irrelevant.

This thread is so disturbing... how can anyone choose an animal life over a human life? Its hard to believe the animal life's result is actually winning. I'd suggest those 39 people that voted animal life to go see a psychiatrist.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly what's wrong with the world: humans think they are more important than animals. Problem is, it's easy for people to say that the life of a human is more valuable than that of an animal, but why is that? Because humans are more intelligent?

What if we make the decision a little harder, but use the same reasoning: when you have the choice between saving your own baby or the President of the United States, who would you choose? Your baby being the animal and the President being the stranger.
    Last edited by Statix; 2012-08-26 at 02:50 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Really because unlike humans, Pets are honest,loyal,faithful.loving,innocent 100% of the time
    Unless there's food involved.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

People are blowing this out of proportions.

Would you save an animal which is like a family member whom you love and loves you back unconditionally, or a human who you have no ties to.

When I lost my cat as a child (12) he was my best friend at the time and I was broken up over it for a very long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This thread is so disturbing... how can anyone choose an animal life over a human life? Its hard to believe the animal life's result is actually winning. I'd suggest those 39 people that voted animal life to go see a psychiatrist.
    So you'd disregard the life of something that has been a companion to you for years, loyal, offered friendship, and love, and just generally been awesome. For the life of a random person you just met half a second ago?

I think the one that needs to see a psychiatrist is you....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Random Robbie sure does add a lot to my life!
    tell me this when you're lying there dying and need help immediately. I don't know if you was serious or not but whatever.

Deleted
    Disregarding human life for an animal is inhumane. If you answer you'd save the pet here, go join the animal kingdom. Sends shivers down my spine that this sort of argument is even being had.
    and who are you to say what is humane or not?