Deleted

Players dissapearing in front of me

Hey! I've been playing GW2 with my friend for a while and were started to notice that we would not be able to see each other (not even on the map) If we stepped more than about 25m away from each other. This is very frustrating and it also happens to random players during events or anywhere else. And yes, we are grouped together. Do you have any idéa why this is? Unstable servers perhaps? Thanks!

Edit: misspelled the title... oh well, I can't do anything about it now
    Last edited by mmoc7808fdf6a6; 2012-08-26 at 01:49 PM.

It's been happening to me, as well. Mostly relevant with party members.

I noticed this when exploring the city, players "popping" out only like 10-20m away.

What settings are you using? The game may do this to increase performance.

I'm not sure if GW2 has it, but lots of games used to have a " only show X number of players at a time" or " only show players within a certain range". I assume its a performance issue. Although with the overflow servers it could be some kind of bug where its flowing people between them?

Deleted
    I'm using high settings so it's probably not the case. Went through the game settings and I didn't find anything that would prevent players from appearing. It could be a bug though.
    Last edited by mmoc7808fdf6a6; 2012-08-26 at 02:07 PM.

I am not sure if it is the issue but GW2 has a pretty low draw distance even on maxed out settings and I was not able to find any kind of draw distance options in the graphical menu. I had quite a few people "pop in" from overflow same could be said about not being able to see party members on map some of it is caused by overflow system (happened to me all the time) and there were another weird glitch were it would "delay" the location of person in my party. What I mean by that I would see a location of a person I am groped with a few minutes ago. We were in the same room and the map would show a locations of where we were ten minutes ago, Really weird.

I've had this problem with a friend since yesterday. Both in party, both playing on normal server not overflow. Everytime he went too far away, portrait would turn black dot would disappear from world map too. With no option like 'Join in' etc because were were both playing on normal server.

Tweeted and made a ticket about it yesterday after the servers came back up, it's nothing to do with options because was fine before the whole downtime yesterday morning so something has changed that shouldn't of.
    Last edited by Queeg; 2012-08-26 at 03:01 PM.