Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Why do you wish ill fate on a game that you clearly no longer play. Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy and leave it at that.
    Did you even read the post you quoted ? if so i suggest going back and reading it again.

Quote Originally Posted by formerblizzemployee View Post
    So you played something new and liked it. In 3 months you'll probably like it just as much because it will still be new, right? At least ATTEMPT to make a logical argument. Blizz doesn't expect you to like it. They expect to lose over 1,000,000 by the end of winter. They expect to lose about the same rate of subs as they lost in cata. They are actually spending LESS dev time on it, because a few people have moved over to "Titan" already since a Titan is going to compete with The Elder Scrolls online.
    You obviously have absolutely no idea how a business works, and the more you talk, the more transparent you become. So, please, continue to show your lack of knowledge of business practices.

The ED is 100% the next expansion. It's all but done at this point. The old myth about blizz being 2 expansions ahead is hilarious. There is a team working on the current one and a team working on the next one and it's always been that way.
    Considering any former Blizzard employee would still be under an NDA about future content, you're either very foolish or you're lying. Take your pick.

And for the record, fanboi is just a pop culture reference and you'll love when you see that they incorporated the word/concept into a QUEST CHAIN in later mop, inspired by the 'adoring fan' from Oblivion.

Blizz has never shied away from pop culture. Shame on you for denying that.
    Fanboi may be a pop culture reference, but you using it in a deragatory manner is not. Your half-assed attempt to justify your use of the word is stunning.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Well wait a month, WoW will be on top again

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Why do you wish ill fate on a game that you clearly no longer play. Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy and leave it at that.
    fate...
    no but really, sometimes i think that we can't have nice things because people way too much bad video games.
    Last edited by braxx; 2012-08-26 at 03:34 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerblizzemployee View Post
    What's funny is people keep saying "wow is down at the end of an expansion" and the OP is saying it beat all wow's RECORDS. Fanboism blinds you to facts sometimes. Happens to the best of us.
    GW2 fanboys are worse than WoW fanboys right now. Just like the OP shows.

Simply calling others (even 2 different groups) fanboys only serves as flamebait for other posters and adds nothing to the conversation. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-27 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    What do you expect, the spotlight is on them for a short time before the 25th of September, might as well make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    September 25 people will be waiting in line to log into wow. With no raids in gw2 i wouldnt expect it to hold a hardcore player for long.
    Hardcore population has been halved in wow since cata's launch. Some of the top guild don't even exist anymore. There really aren't any games for hardcore players right now, most games are focused on casuals since they're the majority.

i think the op is mad pandaland is going to curb stomp gw2 into the ground. its almost ironic, the most controversial expansion in wow's history is probably being the most threatening. people are intrigued as hell about mop, you'd be stupid to think otherwise, especially when wow gamers go 'oh stupid pandas' and people go 'yeah? well now with all the little and big changes, new content, etc this game is as good as wrath or tbc'.

gw2 on the other hand has everything to lose. and already people are starting to go umm yeah this isnt all they claimed it was.

xfire? LOL i think my mum used it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Well wait a month, WoW will be on top again
    This.........

Despite your relentless and mostly stupid WoW hate, I'm beginning to like this mr. formerblizzemployee. He at least makes coherent points compared to the other game bashers.

All of you, take a lesson. That is how you hate on a game. Not this stupid "lol gw2 sucks it will die lolol pandaland ftw"
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    They're excited to have new content. They've been sitting in SW for the past 8 months with nothing to do. This excitement is what nostalgia is made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    If they keep people banning for silly things and can not fix stability issues, I really doubt they can compete with WoW. Also you need to keep in mind that x-pac ends are dead state for WoW. Check that again at sep. 25.
    Blizzard ban the wrong people too... For example, they make a tonne of money off gold sellers, hence why they don't get banned. All they did was make trading impossible on trial accounts, so each gold seller must buy the game and pay the sub fee to continue selling. The stability problem was gone about 2 hours after it started...
    Last edited by thunterman; 2012-08-26 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Blizzard ban the wrong people too... For example, they make a tonne of money off gold sellers, hence why they don't get banned. All they did was make trading impossible on trial accounts, so each gold seller must buy the game and pay the sub fee to continue selling.
    thats illogical, wouldn't they want to ban them asap forcing them to spend even MORE money to buy accounts and expacs?
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-08-26 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Despite your relentless and mostly stupid WoW hate, I'm beginning to like this mr. formerblizzemployee.
    I don't hate wow, I just never got sucked in. A lot of my life is thanks to WoW's success and the people who make it are mostly really nice people. It's a fun place to work, but the standards have slipped and a lot of us were feeling like numbers during the D3 crunch when things weren't going well with the RMAH in asia. It happens though, a small studio where everyone knows everyone gets big, then too big, becomes a business hellbent on making more money at any cost, people who built it all move on, new people come in, etc.

It's like going through a divorce as a child. You can ask any wow addict, change sucks.

WoW is a high quality game, it's just a boring and repetitive game right now. Your repetition doesn't really earn you much like it did when you were rep grinding for gear in vanilla. Your repetition is mostly done out of necessity

Do you know that more alts were leveled during cata than the rest of WoW's history COMBINED? People mostly spent their time leveling alts in cata. One guy leveled 10 Holy Paladins on the same server, 9 were leveled 1-85 during cata (he used RAF), we gave him some love in MoP with a subtle reference.

People are just bored.

Deleted
    Blizzard ban the wrong people too... For example, they make a tonne of money off gold sellers, hence why they don't get banned. All they did was make trading impossible on trial accounts, so each gold seller must buy the game and pay the sub fee to continue selling. The stability problem was gone about 2 hours after it started...
    Because gold sellers don't hack people's account for their business.. oh wait..

Blizzard ban the wrong people too... For example, they make a tonne of money off gold sellers, hence why they don't get banned. All they did was make trading impossible on trial accounts, so each gold seller must buy the game and pay the sub fee to continue selling.
    Yeah but I've never heard a ban for saying 'I love fucking' in WoW. This is just unacceptable. They can not dictate how community speaks as long as they do not insult each other.

I'm closing this topic for 2 reasons. The first is to prevent further fights, the second is because there is too much fanbois talking and I do not want to infract a ton of people and third no Game versus Game stuff please like Beat WoW etc. I'm closing the oh wait did I say 2?. ~Zil