Beta Paladins: DP or HA, what feels better?

just like the title says, which do you prefer?

In the few tests I've done on beta DP FEEEEELS better to me. I think it's got a lot to do with the fact that AW is a 3 min CD while HA is 2 though. It just feels strange to me after 2 years of AW/Zeal together haha.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2012-08-26 at 04:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-08-26 at 06:39 PM. Reason: because I derped spelling.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer DP. Mainly because I'm used to it and it isn't so RNG anymore (only procs off finishers, so I can at least know when to expect it), but also because of the cooldown difference between HA and wings. In questing, I rarely use cooldowns, so DP is more useful to me since I 'use' it more than a 2m cooldown that won't get utilized on mobs that die too quickly.

In raids however, I will likely switch to HA if it's still better than DP (and on certain burst-on-demand fights).

Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    just like the title says, which do you prefer?
    For what it's worth. My testing on PTR shows very little difference between HA and DP, a slight positive to HA at this stage by 1-2k on the 85 test dummies.

What I would suggest from common sense however is. HA (our old Zealotry) AW and popping the pet for 10 secs prior at the start of a fight may gel initially with raiders from Cata. Also HA can be better aligned with burn periods I would have thought with trinkets as opposed to DP, which may result in a larger net gain overall.

The way I look at it is that DP gives a bit more consistency to our DPS, as it is always there, can happen at any time. It can lead to burst, if it procs a few times in a row, but generally, it will happen frequently enough to keep our DPS evenly up. HA is more on-demand burst, but it's only for that small window every couple minutes.

Personally, I rather smooth the graph out, than make it spike even more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwyn View Post
    For what it's worth. My testing on PTR shows very little difference between HA and DP, a slight positive to HA at this stage by 1-2k on the 85 test dummies.

What I would suggest from common sense however is. HA (our old Zealotry) AW and popping the pet for 10 secs prior at the start of a fight may gel initially with raiders from Cata. Also HA can be better aligned with burn periods I would have thought with trinkets as opposed to DP, which may result in a larger net gain overall.
    Yeah, it's flavor if you want it to be, HA's recommended, but if your comfort is DP, then you can do it without much problem.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

DP is a lot of fun, probably more fun than HA since it's unpredictable, and getting chain procs when it matters is very satisfying. But ultimately, you have to balance flavor and practicality in a game like this. For example, as a Ret paladin if you don't take HA on a fight like spine of deathwing or hagara, you're just being silly. In PvP, the options are, in some ways, more flexible, but PvE often has burn phases during which the boss takes extra damage, in which case HA wins hands downs, and taking a more fun option is very inconsiderate to the rest of the raid.