Question Quick question before i go buy the game in 2 days...

Can someone please tell me if GW2 has a random instance or a random raid finder implemented or is it planed to have anything like that? This may be a silly question since as far i have read the whole setup of encounters is much different than wow, but i rather not risk putting my time into a new game that ends up in the same stupid circus of dancing monkeys.

thx in advance!

Not now and not planned.

Nope, Don't really need it in GW2

The game isn't designed for hit lvl 80 and then grind dungeons and raids till your head explodes

10+ Year Old Account
    No there's no dungeon finder queue but there's looking for group. I reccomend making some friends. Dungeons are way different than WoW a lot more challenging, normal modes are like WoW heroic mode. The devs have said they haven't even been able to beat their higher level dungeons. Each dungeon has 1 normal mode and 3 heroic modes which are pretty much 3 seperate dungeons with different stories and rooms. So each dungeon is like 4 dungeons. They are a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Nope, Don't really need it in GW2

The game isn't designed for hit lvl 80 and then grind dungeons and raids till your head explodes
    I heard their was no raiding, I hope dungeons are not the only viable way of PvE instance content

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I heard their was no raiding, I hope dungeons are not the only viable way of PvE instance content
    Dungeons are the only instanced PvE content. From what I've heard and seen though, they are just as challenging if not more so than raid content in games like WoW, etc. If you want to do wide-scale PvE you'll need to do the elite dynamic events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to say they said won't nerf the dungeons. And normal modes are comparable to cata heroics prenerf. Explorable will need the same skill as raid especially later on.
    Last edited by MKing; 2012-08-26 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks for the info, sounds great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember also that classes fill multiple roles and there's generally no dedicated healer, tank or DPS, so you're less dependent on Joe the Baddie to get things done, or waiting for days for a queue to pop.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.