Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well 4 hours and no awnser surely means arenanet is shit. Blizzards record for me is 5 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HurriKanessi View Post
    That is really stupid...
    Instead of calling it stupid because you don't like it, why don't you just realize...

That Arena Net doesn't want swearing in their game? They want a nicer community than that.

Yes, other games are more lenient (tip: saying "fuck" in WoW general chat can also get you banned, it just takes multiple infractions - since when did an e-mail telling you to stop saying "fuck" actually get you to stop saying it?), but GW2 is not these other games. They have their own rules, because they don't want the game to be a hellhole of a community.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    yes you do
    Oh wow, how incredibly lame...
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoCoffee View Post
    Well 4 hours and no awnser surely means arenanet is shit. Blizzards record for me is 5 days.
    stop ticketing about crap? i've ticketed loads and when its quite serious i find i usually get responses within 2 hours, once i was hacked i got a response within 10 minutes. asked for help in a raid with a bug got a fast response.

ticket about someone botting....yeh can take days because there's far more serious problems than trying to stop thousands of compromised accounts that go back and forth between hackers and ppl with keyloggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Oh wow, how incredibly lame...
    You get banned for saying "fuck" in WoW, too. It's just that the first few times you say it, they send you an e-mail saying "Don't say that."

You're not going to listen to an e-mail. Then they suspend you for 3 hours. People still laugh about the 3 hour suspensions, because who cares about 3 hours?

So you're going to keep saying it. Maybe now you'll just be "smart" about it, and make sure you go crazy about it when you're going to bed or to work anyways, so that it doesn't actually affect you. Don't want to miss a raid, after all.
    Maybe you just do it because it gives you that sense of rebellious attitude - "Ha, I broke the rules and I only got suspended for 3 hours - what do I care?"

Then the 24 hour suspensions start. I highly doubt you learn the lesson. Instead you're mad now, because they fooled you into thinking you were safe with the e-mails and 3-hour suspensions!
    So now you're going to lash out and break the rules because you're mad, as if trying to make a point.

Only after a few 24-hour suspensions do you get the 72-hour. By then, you don't really care about the ban.

WoW has a very soft "parenting" style in this regard. They let you get away with anything, and they start by first going "Okay, you don't get desert tonight."
    Then they take away a video game. Then they might send you to your room, where all your toys are anyways.
    They don't get to spanking for a while.

GW2 just instantly pulls down your pants and smacks you on the rump for being a little shit. They won't tolerate that behavior in their house.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 06:08 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    In vanilla wow when half my guild got hacked. We didn't get all our accounts back for around a week. It made me put down wow for awhile thinking someone stole my account and gold even sold my character and they didn't say anything but we are investigated 48 hours later. I remember when I first logged in my flist was empty and a guy logged in saying he paid $150 for my account and I stole it. My characters were nearly naked but one had almost 1k gold I only had like 300g spread across 4 60s. Wearing afew boes with all my awesome mc tier gone. I ended up quitting till sometime after bwl came out.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to you. Your friends don't have to wait they get down leveled or can make a new character if they really wanted to level with you. I would feel bad making my friends wait for me ><. It also might take along time considering game hasn't even launched yet and you get tons of those people asking for help that don't really need it more so then normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You get banned for saying "fuck" in WoW, too. It's just that the first few times you say it, they send you an e-mail saying "Don't say that."

You're not going to listen to an e-mail. Then they suspend you for 3 hours. People still laugh about the 3 hour suspensions, because who cares about 3 hours?
    I've used that word uncountable times in the past 8 years and I've never, ever been banned in WoW. Not even 3 hours.
    There is a big difference between using the word fuck to insult someone, and using it to express how you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used that word uncountable times in the past 8 years and I've never, ever been banned in WoW. Not even 3 hours.
    There is a big difference between using the word fuck to insult someone, and using it to express how you feel.
    That's only because nobody reported you in WoW, because there's no point to reporting somebody in WoW - and everybody knows it, so everybody acts like a little shit in WoW without ever bothering to report anybody else. It's still against the rules to use the word.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 06:10 PM.

First offense is 72 hours.
    You won't get a warning.
    Just because you can act like a jerk in your other MMO doesn't change ANet's policy.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

And you are a liar. Lying to us on a forum doesn't really have a point. They absolutely would not ban somebody for that.[/QUOTE]

Why i should lie about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why i should lie about this?
    I dunno. But I'm telling you, you didn't get banned for that, and you obviously said something else. I don't know why you'd lie about it, but people cover that up all the time when they're acting all indignant about a ban. I've seen enough people called out on official forums directly by GMs, including on the Arena Net forums in one of the betas, to know that people do it.

Admittedly, it could be that you either don't remember saying it, or didn't know that what you said was against the rules. But it definitely wasn't "pewpiedewpie" or something.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's only because nobody reported you in WoW, because there's no point to reporting somebody in WoW - and everybody knows it, so everybody acts like a little shit in WoW without ever bothering to report anybody else. It's still against the rules to use the word.
    So you're saying that because everyone in WoW is a little shit, they don't report each other.
    Does that mean you think GW2 is free of these people, and thus will actually report a tiny word such a 'fuck'?

I hope not.

That is really stupid...
    better than what happens in real life. a lot of people would be swallowing their own teeth on a regular basis if they acted like they did in games. since they face no repercussions from other players, the games have to deal with it and wow hasn't dealt with it in years.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-08-26 at 06:20 PM.

I like that they're strict with the Suspensions(not bans learn the terminology). Also since when did people have a limited vocabulary that they couldn't express how they feel another way? Also I highly doubt people are being suspended for swearing alone as there is a filter in game, also to add to that one of my guildmates has sworn in public chat a few times and nothing has happened. So lets stop making false statements about suspensions for swearing. I wonder if it might be a bug or something and people are getting random suspensions though? Could be a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that because everyone in WoW is a little shit, they don't report each other.
    Yes, that is what I'm saying. If you say "fuck" in WoW public chat, and don't get in trouble for it, the only reason you didn't is that it wasn't reported. There's a reason people think so poorly of Trade Chat.... because people expect it to be like that now, to the point they don't bother to report it.

Reporting it in WoW has never actually improved the community because Blizzard is just too damn nice about it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 06:21 PM.

And DrakeWurrum i have played wow 7 years i have said countless times "fuck" etc. And never got banned.

And if Arenanet doesnt want ppl curse why is word "fuck" even allowed to write? just to annoy ppl?
    Srly get your facts right...

10+ Year Old Account
    And DrakeWurrum i have played wow 7 years i have said countless times "fuck" etc. And never got banned.
    That doesn't matter. I've known people who get banned for that. I know Game Masters personally, who ban people for it.

The thing is, in WoW, people have to report it. If nobody reports you in WoW, even when you talk about dead babies, which is one of their BIGGEST terrible things to talk about, then you're not getting banned.

I don't know if Arena Net patrols the chat or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm glad they're putting their foot down for this and trying to make a nicer place.

If you think that WoW's community is so amazing, just because you can curse like a sailor, then go back to WoW - they don't want that kind of behavior here.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that is what I'm saying. If you say "fuck" in WoW public chat, and don't get in trouble for it, the only reason you didn't is that it wasn't reported. There's a reason people think so poorly of Trade Chat.... because people expect it to be like that now, to the point they don't bother to report it.

Reporting it in WoW has never actually improved the community because Blizzard is just too damn nice about it.
    I rarely talk in trade chat actually, for I too think poorly of it.
    I'm one of those people who is for total freedom of speech, and swearwords should not be a taboo.
    There are profanity filters for those who are offended by swearwords.

To answer your question Iamanerd, I have a quite a large vocabulary in more than one language, that doesn't stop me from saying things how I want to say them. Some words are more powerful than others in certain contexts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely talk in trade chat actually, for I too think poorly of it.
    I'm one of those people who is for total freedom of speech, and swearwords should not be a taboo.
    There are profanity filters for those who are offended by swearwords.
    The funny thing about freedom of speech, is freedom for other people to not like it.

They've created their own community here, and are not infringing on anybody's rights, because they have publicly posted information about the rules to this community that all players who play the game have agreed to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, if you feel the need to swear and be racist do it with you friends in PARTY chat, WHISPER or GUILD chat. We really need to use the word "fuck" to express how we feel? Yeah I do it in WoW a lot but lets not use that as a crutch here.

"Good job guys" vs "Good fucking job guys"
    "That was terrible guys" vs " That was fucking terrible"

Swearing doesn't really help express how you feel and there are numerous words you can say to replace the words. The only thing I think you should of gotten was a warning e-mail, however most people completely dismiss those so just better to flat out suspend you for a bit.