Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    What you think is typical, boring, bland and over used, I think is the STAPLE OF THE CLASS.

There is no way you can sit here and TRULY believe that a "fiend" which doesn't even resemble a human being's raised corpse (or any sort of corpse) is more necromancer like than warlock.

I understand that you're very likely a hard core fan boy and just want to sit here and believe that GW2 didn't make any mistakes with their game, but they did.

You don't call a class a necromancer and make it NOT a necromancer. If you were to go around and randomly ask ANYONE what they thought a necromancer was most known for, they'd almost for certain say "Raising undead"

And Tyrven. they called it a necromancer, not me. A necromancer already has a very defined definition. A "Snofflelofflegollywhateverthefuckyousaid" doesn't have a defined definition, so that COULD be anything.

Also I have no idea how its over used to have a necromancer that actually USES UNDEAD. The last game I remember that had TRUE necromancers was DAoC. And they had TWO Classes that could have been necromancers. The actual necromancer and the bone dancer. THOSE are real necromancers. What they have here is something entirely different.
    Actually this whole post is nothing but you attempting to force your own interpretation of what a necromancer is down people's throat. Anet didnt make the mistake here: you just cant accept that someone disagrees with you.

For reference, here is my own:
    Necromancer = death magic.
    Warlock = demonic magic.

It has nothing to do with the appearance of your summons, its about what type of magic you use. The GW2 class is all about death and pestilence, not about fire and brimstones. Ergo, it is a Necromancer.

as far as necros in GW go... what`s up with the "Curses" Trait tree... we only have like 1 DoT, the bleed. And it`s damage seams crap.
    What am I missing

High Overlord
    Diablo 2 necromancers also had skeletons. A LOT OF THEM. I was able to look past golems (Even though I feel like they are more fitting of an elementalist or theurigist than a necromancer) because I could look past them. I wasn't forced to use them.

I've yet to see any definition that states necromancers create only abominations. While I don't think its a stretch that they could, I think being able to simply SUMMON DEAD BODIES as a necromancer would sort of fit it nicely.

I've yet to see any definition that states necromancers raise only skeletons. While I don't think its a stretch that they could, I think being able to simply SUMMON FLESH/BLOOD/BONE FIENDS as a necromancer would sort of fit it nicely.

Using your own reasoning, here you go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we join the demons to fight the titans? One can dream.

You people really make internet taste bad.

What you think is typical, boring, bland and over used, I think is the STAPLE OF THE CLASS.

There is no way you can sit here and TRULY believe that a "fiend" which doesn't even resemble a human being's raised corpse (or any sort of corpse) is more necromancer like than warlock.

I understand that you're very likely a hard core fan boy and just want to sit here and believe that GW2 didn't make any mistakes with their game, but they did.

You don't call a class a necromancer and make it NOT a necromancer. If you were to go around and randomly ask ANYONE what they thought a necromancer was most known for, they'd almost for certain say "Raising undead"

And Tyrven. they called it a necromancer, not me. A necromancer already has a very defined definition. A "Snofflelofflegollywhateverthefuckyousaid" doesn't have a defined definition, so that COULD be anything.

Also I have no idea how its over used to have a necromancer that actually USES UNDEAD. The last game I remember that had TRUE necromancers was DAoC. And they had TWO Classes that could have been necromancers. The actual necromancer and the bone dancer. THOSE are real necromancers. What they have here is something entirely different.
    You need to calm down....it's just a game...Jesus. There isn't that huge of a difference between warlocks and necromancers in the first place; they are both dark classes. How they are done is up to the developer. What DAoC did was not what a necromancer is SUPPOSED to be. It's a fantasy character, it can be whatever someone wants it to be.

bookmarking this thread so that in two year i can post "me too" in it

Can we just let this thread stop? It's silly. We've established that Necromancer is Necromancer. With, or without, skeletons.

We've also established that, if you like skeletons, it's not unreasonable or silly or stupid to ask for them - just... ask Arena Net. Ask the devs. Don't get all passionately flaming about it on fan forums, as THAT is unreasonable and silly. There's no reason to get angry about this.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.