Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPED OVER THE LAZY DOG

Logitech G15, usb
    Last edited by kryo27; 2012-08-26 at 10:52 PM.

THE QUICK BROWN FO JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

Cheap ass Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 (was like 9.99 on sale) using USB.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2012-08-26 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    HE QUIC BROWN O UMP OVER HE Z OG
    Newmen 新贵 (USB so i don't have to use the laptop keyboard)

wow... reallly, some words have dropped almost all letters....

TE QUICK BROWN FOX JUPE OVER TE LAZY O
    Packard bell easynote TS laptop keyboard
    Last edited by mmoca165b6ca3d; 2012-08-26 at 10:55 PM.

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

Mionix Zibal 60 USB

Deleted
    7 year old microsoft keyboard USB

HE QUIC BROWN OX UMPS OVER HE AZ DOG

Razer Arctosa

QUICK BRO FOX JUS OVR LAZ DOG

That Looks bad. However, since in reality I will never use both shifts down to write stuff, my next try with more likely scenario.

Left Shift + Alt:
    HE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMS OVER HE LAZY DOG

Old Logitech Illuminated, Manufacturing unit number: 842th

The wiring in almost all keyboards is designed to play well with a LOT of keys pressed down at the same time. No modern keyboard should run in to this issue in even the most amazingly complicated gaming situations.

While an interesting test, you're just intentionally breaking it by holding down both shift keys at the same time since this is a combination that can never legitimately occur, and is therefore not designed to be protected against.

As an example my result in this test is "TE UIC RO:WN DG JUS VER TE LAY ". Probably the most disastrously bad one in this thread so far and this keyboard (1999 MS Natural Keyboard Pro) hasn't had a "ghosting" issue in 13 years of fairly serious gaming across all genres. It's an amusing test but don't mistake this for any sort of real-world relevance.

Even "bad" keyboards are usually built to the standard of "any 3 (or 4) keys" + modifier and usually support quite a few more in combinations that often occur in sequence when typing.

Deleted

macbook pro 13 '' , ( what's so hard about this? )

HE QUIC BROWN OX UMPS OVER HE AZ DOG

Razor Lycosa PS2

10+ Year Old Account
    THEUIKROWFOJUPSOERTHELAYDOG

laptop keyboard, ps2 (Asus n56vz)

TEQUICKBRONOXUMSOVERTEAZYOG

-on my sony vaio

will test on my home comp later

-Logitech G15 usb
    Last edited by sophos1; 2012-08-26 at 11:19 PM.

THE QUICK BROWN FO JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG. Microsoft intellitype media keyboard. USB

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG.

omgosh my crappy Microsoft wireless keyboard is better than razer??

corsair K90 2ez

HE QUIK BROWN FO JUPS OER HE LA DOG

hp keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    The wiring in almost all keyboards is designed to play well with a LOT of keys pressed down at the same time. No modern keyboard should run in to this issue in even the most amazingly complicated gaming situations.

While an interesting test, you're just intentionally breaking it by holding down both shift keys at the same time since this is a combination that can never legitimately occur, and is therefore not designed to be protected against.

As an example my result in this test is "TE UIC RO:WN DG JUS VER TE LAY ". Probably the most disastrously bad one in this thread so far and this keyboard (1999 MS Natural Keyboard Pro) hasn't had a "ghosting" issue in 13 years of fairly serious gaming across all genres. It's an amusing test but don't mistake this for any sort of real-world relevance.

Even "bad" keyboards are usually built to the standard of "any 3 (or 4) keys" + modifier and usually support quite a few more in combinations that often occur in sequence when typing.
    That's not really true, it just means you're not pushing your gameplay to the same degree as some other people.

For instance, it's easy for me, while playing WoW, to have W and A down because I'm running forward at an angle, shift to change my keybinds page, and whatever keybind I'm trying to jab. That's 4 keys, without much trouble. One of the reasons I went with a Naga mouse originally (now an M90 after that died) was that I was having serious NKRO issues on my old Saitek Eclipse keyboard. It didn't always happen, but certain combos with certain movements could cause issues. It was more prevalent with other games, like FPS games, where I'd often keybind Q and E to something like leaning to either side, and crouching, usually set to "hold" rather than "toggle", meaning I could easily be holding down 4 keys before I started trying to hit keybinds to change weapons.

Is it possible to play and never have an issue because you're not holding down a ton of buttons? Sure. But that doesn't mean it isn't an issue for other people. "Standard" keyboards are built for the NKRO issues facing normal typing, and the NKRO issues for gaming are different.

Long story short; it's like telling an Olympic swimmer he's silly for shaving his body hair to reduce drag. You might never notice the tiny effect it makes, but he will.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-08-26 at 11:27 PM.

10 year old white brand keyboard, PS2 with a USB convertor
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-08-26 at 11:29 PM.

Btw, no matter what this tests say, just NEVER NEVER buy Razor keyboard. I'll not even explain why. Just don't.

Warning: Don't post just to tell someone not to buy something, give reasons.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-08-28 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Snip
    Nice and subtle way of implying that you are an olympic level gamer.

Warning: Post constructively. - noteworthynerd
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-08-28 at 03:22 PM.