Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    Was my post meaningless? You asked if people had exp with such a call and what they would do. I answered that for what I would do and advice for you. I read the post and replied to it.
    Yes, The sentence which i've quoted was.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    Sounds like she started thinking about good times, I dunno, women seem to be like that, just try and be non-plussed, she might not even get back in touch. Depends if you are interested in getting back together with her, either way I'd not pick up next time.
    I had removed her number after we parted so had no idea it was her, quite honestly I guessed her name and don't plan to pick up next time.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-26 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds strange to me.

My ex once called me about a year after we broke up and we got in touch again... it was just phone calls and chatting and it was the most awkward thing ever. Didn't last long. But he was also just a really cocky person in general, so hey...

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Simply ask her what she wants, no point beating around the bush with an ex.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be a "You should talk to your doctor. You know, just as a precaution." call. Hope it's not.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    She probably just broke up with someone, or is looking for that fallback guy.
    This.....been there done that.

Trust me in saying this, you should NEVER have to play second to anyone. Don't give her the time of day.

Honestly it seems like most of these type threads are just "Hey guys just want you to know I'm a guy that plays WoW but also has a girlfriend.".

Really it's not that uncommon to play video games and still have sex but for some reason people keep bringing it up.

And tbh this thread is pretty much just that, no real questions, no real details, nothing.

So I'll be sure to remember that you, random mmo champion forum poster, have the capability of having a girlfriend and thank you very much for the newsflash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Honestly it seems like most of these type threads are just "Hey guys just want you to know I'm a guy that plays WoW but also has a girlfriend.".

Really it's not that uncommon to play video games and still have sex but for some reason people keep bringing it up.

And tbh this thread is pretty much just that, no real questions, no real details, nothing.

So I'll be sure to remember that you, random mmo champion forum poster, have the capability of having a girlfriend and thank you very much for the newsflash.
    I don't play wow and im not here to brag about the situation at all, As I said the details are brief because thats just how brief the call was. If you bothered the read the first post you would see there was a question, Asking if anyone else has had this happen and what they did.

I'll make sure I remember you since you manage to completly misinterpret a post. Im not really here to talk about MY situation for the most part its to see if as I said before anyone else have this happen, Repeating that just to be safe with you so you know what the post is actually about.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-27 at 05:10 AM.

God, so much negativity in this thread. Answer his question, or leave the thread. What is there to be gained from saying "lol nerds can't have girlfriends" and the like. Note his original question:

I just found this really strange since we havn't spoken since the break up, so what do you guys think? Do any of you also have a experience like this?
    How is this bragging again?

ANYWAYS, from what little information you've given (and she has, quite frankly), I can't see how the conversation on the phone can be construed to being "friends with benefits". My personal opinion is to let her be, and don't pursue her. As Starkey stated, "an ex is an ex for a reason". It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Thankfully I keep my email for work only, Skype exclusivly for friends and don't use facebook so her only way to contact me is via phone.
    Oh, okay. I see how it is.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So didn't you answer? See what she wanted to talk about?

I have had exes do these calls, summer of 2011 one called me up in the middle of the night on her birthday wanting a booty call. lol

Had been 4 years since we'd done anything, too.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I have had exes do these calls, summer of 2011 one called me up in the middle of the night on her birthday wanting a booty call. lol
    Better watch out for those .exe's then, DeltrusDisc!

Didn't mean to be a "grammar Nazi", but I found it humorous, especially considering you post a lot in the Computer forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Yes, The sentence which i've quoted was.

I had removed her number after we parted so had no idea it was her, quite honestly I guessed her name and don't plan to pick up next time.
    Really man? That's just low... If she is trying to get back together with you (or something of the sort) tell her it won't happen, Ignoring her is petty and childish. Man the hell up and do the right thing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    These kinds of calls from breakups 8 months ago usually end with.......and it's your baby.
    lol - I went through a similar situation. She says "I pregnant now". With that I quickly went through our last time having sex in my mind and came to the conclusion: NOT MINE! Adios!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Better watch out for those .exe's then, DeltrusDisc!

Didn't mean to be a "grammar Nazi", but I found it humorous, especially considering you post a lot in the Computer forums.
    Must execute!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it from your ages that she's still in high school and you aren't?

If so I wouldn't waste your time to be perfectly honest.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

She's pregnant.

Over the past year and a half Blizzard has sent me a few 7-day trials. As fun as I have during those week-long trials I'm always reminded of why I left and no longer play WOW. You need to remind yourself of why you broke up with her and why being "just friends" didn't work out either. Then you have to decide if anything has changed since then. Do you think what happened when you broke up will happen again? Once you answer those questions you will have a better idea of what you want to happen with her.

I do get it though. As much as your differences split you apart you two obviously had some good times otherwise you wouldn't have got out with each other in the first place. She probably remembers the good times and has forgotten the bad times.

Lastly you mentioned you are 19 and she is 18. Generally speaking teenagers aren't the mature people in the world and they often do and say stupid stuff. Can what you split you apart be chalked up to "immaturity"? Have you both become more mature now?

I left my EX 1700 miles away 1 year later she moved to the state I'm in that was 10 years ago now we have been happily married for 4 years this November. Just because it did not work out 8 months ago does not mean that the two of you have not grown as people learned some things and found that possibly absence makes the heart grow fonder. good luck in what ever you decide.
    Last edited by Madmajix; 2012-08-27 at 05:39 PM.

welcome to third string/rebound

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be she either misses you or wants a booty call... either way best way to figure things out is to be direct upfront and honest. If she calls back ask what her intentions are and if you want a booty call and she does do it, if she wants a friend and you do ..be one..etc etc. Honesty will solve the issue allot faster than ignoring her... NEVER give an Ex a reason to chase after you.... you might not like the result!