What time is it?

Now that we have a hugeass banner at the very top, could we see it being used? In particular, there's one thing I find is extremely frustrating about the web in general, and I'd love it if you guys could start something here...

Basically, my request is as simple as adding a display of what time it is currently. This should be in sync with what you see otherwise on the website.

My problem is that I cannot for the life of me remember the three dozen used acronyms to express various timezones. GMT, ET, DST, etc etc etc. More to the point, what is the necessity of advertising that stuff is going to be at a set time in a set timezone, when the latter could be skipped by adding a darn clock?

Adding a clock that matches the timezone of the rest of the site makes it so much easier to recognize what the time is, and how offset you may be from the website.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-08-26 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    I agree, I hate seeing posts (using yours as an example here) marked as "Today, 10:24 PM" when it was most likely just recently posted (1 post thread and I spotted it on the front page), and it's 1:28 AM here.

And no, I cba to do the conversions myself.

Deleted
    There's an option under "Settings" -> "General Settings" -> "Date & Time Options" that allows you to set the time zone used to display forum post times.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    There's an option under "Settings" -> "General Settings" -> "Date & Time Options" that allows you to set the time zone used to display forum post times.
    I just set my timezone to what I am supposed to be... and it's an hour off. GG?
    EDIT: The automatic detection of DST settings is apparently dysfunctional... Set it to always correct.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-08-26 at 11:04 PM.