Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Was wondering if switching out my current bracers (armory in sig) for 522 frozen warlord's one would be an upgrade.
    I would be losing a lot of mastery for some haste/hit, but gain armor/stam/str.

And would appreciate any other gear suggestions.
    Still looking for any input.

Deleted
    @celinamuna You would lose 1k mastery, but gain 300 stamina.
    You have to ask yourself if that's worth it.

Going by your armory, you went for mastery > avoidance?
    The haste would be wasted, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Still looking for any input.
    Hard to say that there's a definitive answer, it depends on how you value the different stats. That being said, I'd stick with the mastery bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragnoran View Post
    @celinamuna You would lose 1k mastery, but gain 300 stamina.
    You have to ask yourself if that's worth it.

Going by your armory, you went for mastery > avoidance?
    The haste would be wasted, in my opinion.
    Well, i would loose slightly less than 1k ( i can reforge haste into mastery and hit somewhere else).
    And personally i feel like mastery is by far the best stat (10 man) however i've seen a fairly large number of *good* dk tanks running around with rune of fallen crusader + reforging into haste, which made me wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunker View Post
    A question regarding Blood Death Knight gearing for someone that isn't progression oriented.

Currently I do old content, 5-mans, scenarios, and LFR. I was looking at two crafted pieces (with haste/mastery) along with several valor pieces in the same vein. I'm curious if gearing my blood death knight in almost the same way as my DW Frost spec would be worthwhile? Especially considering overall stamina is the same between DPS and Tank gear, the only difference would be the gems and my stance. (Masterblood?, hit/exp to cap, haste)

Thanks in advance.
    Still wondering if anyone has any input on this.

It seems like a lot of answers regarding DK tanking are very subjective to "playstyle" but I was curious if there was any definitive answer to the above question(s).

Deleted
    Still wondering if anyone has any input on this.

It seems like a lot of answers regarding DK tanking are very subjective to "playstyle" but I was curious if there was any definitive answer to the above question(s).
    You'll obviously take a significant survivability loss by not gemming mastery/sta but you don't really need that for the content you'll be doing and the added damage is always useful. So no, I don't see any issues with you using the same gear as your frost spec for that content, if that was my focus I would probably even have done the same thing (since the amount of survivability required is almost nill).

A question regarding Blood Death Knight gearing for someone that isn't progression oriented.

Currently I do old content, 5-mans, scenarios, and LFR. I was looking at two crafted pieces (with haste/mastery) along with several valor pieces in the same vein. I'm curious if gearing my blood death knight in almost the same way as my DW Frost spec would be worthwhile? Especially considering overall stamina is the same between DPS and Tank gear, the only difference would be the gems and my stance. (Masterblood?, hit/exp to cap, haste)

Thanks in advance.
    Sure - even in 10H you can get away with mostly using dps gear.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:43 AM ----------

@reniat But if you take 300k damage in 5 sec -> 60k DS Heal, let's continue with my mastery (263,77%)
    60k heal + 158,262k Blood Shield = 218,262k

That's 73% of the 300k damage taken.
    Wouldn't you only need 400% mastery, because of the heal?
    Using your cooldowns effectively would make the mastery need lower.

If I made a mistake, please correct me.
    Actually neither of those values is correct.
    The 400/500% would be assuming you use 1 DS for every 5 second interval of damage taken and since it shields you for exactly as much as the damage you take you wouldn't take any damage......
    for the next 5 seconds.
    Meaning your next DS will heal/shield for the base value and (if we ignore said base shield) the one after that will then protect you for 5 sec once again.
    What does this mean in overall damage taken?
    0%, 100%, 0% , 100% ,..... => well you basically take 50% of the damage meaning 100% shield (500% mastery) would equal a 50% damage reduction.

Btw. the formula for survivability from mastery is pretty much 1+(.2*mastery) just a few more examples:
    at 50% (250%):
    100% , 50% (1-.5*100%) , 75% (1-.5*50%) , 62.5% (1-.5*75%) , 68.75 ,..... => ends up being 66.66% or 2/3 or 1/150%

Well as you can see it oscillates until it reaches a stabilization point at a (1+mastery) level (that is if you ignore min shield and DS heal)
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-05-10 at 01:44 AM.

Deleted
    Awesome post, thanks Reniat.

Stumbled upon this though;
    stamina is much preferred over mastery for this fight since at min DS value it provides more shield per point.
    Really ? That's quite interesting !

Deleted
    Thanks nillo.

Btw, are you using your haste build for progression now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Basically there are two formulas, one which gives you roughly x vengeance, and one which slowly builds up to 2x vengeance and holds roughly steady.
    I'm just really bored at work, so I made a pretty little graph of this in action.
    http://img.ctrlv.in.s3.amazonaws.com...d1e215bc99.jpg
    (I'm too dumb to make it show as an image without it being huge, so whatever)

Sitting for the first hit immediately jumps you up to the 1.3k plateau. And why is it 5,555 damage swings? That's just what turned out to be the easiest to do math on. >.>
    Last edited by Kiqjaq; 2013-05-10 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks nillo.

Btw, are you using your haste build for progression now?
    Right now I am but that is mainly due to the bosses we're currently trying. (and me outgearing the content :/ )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Sure - even in 10H you can get away with mostly using dps gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    You'll obviously take a significant survivability loss by not gemming mastery/sta but you don't really need that for the content you'll be doing and the added damage is always useful. So no, I don't see any issues with you using the same gear as your frost spec for that content, if that was my focus I would probably even have done the same thing (since the amount of survivability required is almost nill).
    Thank you both for the responses.

Deleted
    Yeah, in heroic 10-man you can even go for mostly crit gear as haste is terrible for DPS once you reach a certain amount as it's so easy to cap resources with how good AMS is this tier. It helps a lot with soloing things like 25 heroic LK and it's fun doing 320k DPS on Jin'rokh. :P

I was wondering about Dk tier set (T15), to me it seems like very useless and was thinking about picking up Shadow Pan (rep) Hands, Pants and Shoulders. just cuz of our shitty set bonus. also i ask on dk forums about geming haste (i tested it out didnt see much of a change with RC talent), was told it was useless (got to about 7-8% Haste baseline with hast gems in all Mastery sockets).

What i really want to know is, should i take some Dps gear (Hit/Mastery - Haste/Mastery - Crit/Hit - Crit/exp - so on) Prob wont find few of them but ya is it worth it just for 10 Reg. also any pointers of mistakes in how i am gem/reforge/gear, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nceur/advanced (Yea i know belt is dps but alot nicer then 489 i had for bit).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    I was wondering about Dk tier set (T15), to me it seems like very useless and was thinking about picking up Shadow Pan (rep) Hands, Pants and Shoulders. just cuz of our shitty set bonus. also i ask on dk forums about geming haste (i tested it out didnt see much of a change with RC talent), was told it was useless (got to about 7-8% Haste baseline with hast gems in all Mastery sockets).

What i really want to know is, should i take some Dps gear (Hit/Mastery - Haste/Mastery - Crit/Hit - Crit/exp - so on) Prob wont find few of them but ya is it worth it just for 10 Reg. also any pointers of mistakes in how i am gem/reforge/gear, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nceur/advanced (Yea i know belt is dps but alot nicer then 489 i had for bit).
    You got more Expertise than should be necessary, but not by much. And that Hit/Exp gem in the helm should have more Mastery on it somehow. If you feel you don't need all that survival, then yes DPS gear would be beneficial. Crit gives slightly more dps, but Haste gives survivability as well. Since you are already Hit capped, I can't really suggest to do that over other stats. Since the 4p is indeed ludicrous, feel free to get off pieces with Mastery on them. The other stat really isn't anywhere near as important, especially if you are trying for DPS gear anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced this is my death knight. i was able to get LFR Shoulder and Helm Token and was wondering if its benefical to use them for my tanking set. since the 4pc 14 bonus is so damn strong, i dont know if that would be the best decision.

maybe someone can elighten me

The rule of thumb is if you gain about 1k stam+mastery then it's probably worth it, however the level on content your doing will affect the exact value of the t14 4pc, since you can't get any stats that replace the heal increase and that can be anything from meh to AWESOME!!! depending on how you time death strike and the level of content you're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    The rule of thumb is if you gain about 1k stam+mastery then it's probably worth it, however the level on content your doing will affect the exact value of the t14 4pc, since you can't get any stats that replace the heal increase and that can be anything from meh to AWESOME!!! depending on how you time death strike and the level of content you're doing.
    mostly LFR and if i can find a group then also normal mode. its just an alt i play because i like being a tank ^^ but i like to get the best out of my chars so i still want to improve him the best way i can.

i would lose a lot of stamina, and gain around 800 mastery i guess
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2013-05-19 at 11:45 PM.

sry lemme make sure I'm giving you the right advice. Are you losing stam and gaining mastery to get the t14 4pc? Or is that what you gain by ignoring the 4pc?

Can someone help me out for a moment?

I'm trying to get a better understanding on the DR off avoidance. Here's my armory: Jiatl.

When I hit the macro, it tells me my Ideal Parry Rating is 14.63. I currently have 19.40 and dodge is 7.86. From this point on -- other than reforging into mastery when possible -- do I reforge a little bit into dodge?