Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    Any Idea whats with the Str to parry Formula? i saw stuff about level 85 str gives more parry then parry rating, but at level 90 you want to gem and enchant into parry again
    You won't be gemming parry.

Parry% = (1 / 235.5 + 0.885 / ( ( (CurrentStrength - BaseStrength) / 951.158596) + (ParryRating / 880) ) )^(-1) + 3.00
    Last edited by SSHA778; 2012-08-31 at 01:38 AM.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    Parry% = 3.588*dodge% - 10.97588 (with Rune of Swordshattering. subtract 4 from the total if you have another runeforge on your weapon)
    Doesn't balancing parry and dodge rating from gear only (so not using the in game character sheet parry rating) have the same effect?

That wouldn't factor in the contribution from strength, which is important.

10+ Year Old Account
    the site askmrrobot is asking me to put some strength/mastery gems when i have the setting to the mastery tanking stat build, and its avoidance build is asking for pure strength gems, in the link i gave they said it would be for now and wouldnt be needed till level 90
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    the site askmrrobot is asking me to put some strength/mastery gems when i have the setting to the mastery tanking stat build, and its avoidance build is asking for pure strength gems, in the link i gave they said it would be for now and wouldnt be needed till level 90
    Strength gives you more avoidance through the strength -> parry conversion than using parry gems. Same for strength/mastery gems providing more parry than parry/mastery gems. The strength gems give you more DPS, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawaru View Post
    Strength gives you more avoidance through the strength -> parry conversion than using parry gems. Same for strength/mastery gems providing more parry than parry/mastery gems. The strength gems give you more DPS, too.
    hm ok then

Deleted
    This will be different at 90 mind. It's just a side effect of them changing how Strength converts into Parry.

At 90 you'll be back to using Parry/Mastery instead of strength/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    This will be different at 90 mind. It's just a side effect of them changing how Strength converts into Parry.

Or exp/mastery. I keep forgetting to add that gem as an option in the guide.... for shame

10+ Year Old Account

thats what i was wondering, i just wanted to make sre for now and wasnt going to make a mistake, just in case the sites are misinformed

How do you feel about Death Siphon? I was using it on H.Yor'sahj after around 5 stacks alternating DeathStrike and 2 Death Siphons. I found I was gaining nothing with a larger blood shield since his melee damage is crap and the healing from 2 death siphons worked out to be almost twice as much. I also find that I rarely have the chance to raise and sac a ghoul when shit hits the fan. Maybe I'm not as practiced with the ability, or I haven't been put in that position by my healers as much.

Also I wasn't watching carefully enough -shocking since I'm a numbers freak- but does Mirror of Broken Images still work? It's tool-tip hasn't changed even though resistances were removed from the game.

Lastly, in terms of l.75 talents why do you recommend BT over RC? I haven't had time to theorycraft DK with other people in a while as I've been focusing on Priest and Monk for the expansion. (The lack of quality lvl.90 pve talents irked me --Especially with the cool stuff that priests get)

Siphon:
    With the yorsahj example you have to factor in that at 35% nerf his melee hit is almost negligible, so as you analyse Siphon realize that a normal raid boss (no nerf) wouldn't be hitting that lightly. There may be fights down the road where the physical damage is so small or the AP will be so large that siphon will be a decent option, but I can't think of a MoP boss off the top of my head that hits soft enough to even consider siphon as a consistent method of survival throughout the fight.

TB trinket:
    The trinket is still giving some kind of resistance. I double checked in a lava pool and while there is no resistance to increase anymore, it still reduced the fire damage i was taking so i guess it still works.

t75:
    RE will give more Death Strikes, but the ones gained back through RE will be random and unreliable. BT allows for complete control of when you get a DS back from your regen mechanic. In any kind of serious dmg intake (raids) it is MUCH more important to have a DS when you need it as opposed to just overall Death Strike throughput. overall throughput may result in overall dmg reduction, but it's not the overall damage but rather the burst damage that kills us. When you're at 30% health with no runes for a Death Strike the healer doesn't care that you "will take less dmg overal", since they have to deal with the fact that you're one boss hit from death right now. It would be better to have saved a DS for that moment, removing the threat of that burst damage that put you there.

Alchemy does not give a bonus any more? Or was that just missed from the list?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WasntMe View Post
    Alchemy does not give a bonus any more? Or was that just missed from the list?
    This is what i wanted to know aswell.. since as far as i know the flasks still give out bonus stats for alchemists?

whoops forgot alchemy XD

If it's consistent with other professions (not 100% sure yet, since I don't know anyone who level alch to max in the beta) then it will give 32% more from flasks and elixirs, so if you use a stam flask it will give 1500*.32=480 stamina and if you use mastery and armor elixirs you will get 750*.32=240 mastery and 2250*.32=720 armor, which makes it very viable for tanking.
    Last edited by Reniat; 2012-09-03 at 12:31 AM.

Excellent guide bro keep up the good work!

Correct, especially since at 90, secondary stats will be twice as large as primary stats on gems. (ie 180 str gem versus 360 parry gem)

Deleted
    Thx for all this information help me so much to begin tanking as a DK

Deleted
    Nice Guild And Thx

Death Knight (Forums)
    Death Strike now does 280% weapon damage, up from 230%. Damage increased by 43%.

Blood
    Heart Strike now does 115% weapon damage, down from 170%. Damage reduced by 54%.
    How does this affect the use of blood boil on your spread sheet? I don't see this as being a smart change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigtastic View Post
    How does this affect the use of blood boil on your spread sheet? I don't see this as being a smart change.
    What's Heart Strike? Is that the button I just took off my bars? :P
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat