Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Problem I see with DK tanking as it is. Is that until at least 80 it is way to easy (can't talk about higher than 80 yet) There is no effort needed cooldown wise, or skillwise needed to constantly pull whole rooms/hallways.

And sorry bout the ealrier post, it's how I read it, and was thus wrong :P

Low level content is rarely balanced. Things even out when you get to 90. you'll need to be using cooldowns efficiently for 25H bosses as a DK. Especially Gara'jal...*shudder* And double especially when literally 5 seconds after you say "please don't use an external on me until I call for it" someone puts a pally sac on you out of the blue...sigh...wtb geared lvl 90 monk alt? Unfortunately the voodoo doll damage while i'm tanking isn't even whats keeping us from killing it. oh well. off-topic mini-rant over. yeah stuff balances at end game

true, what I was more aiming at is the huge gap of tanking difficulty between lower level (anything 1-85) and then suddenly a spike in "Stand in bad shit? You dead" abilities. While I am not complaining about it, it doesn't really go in a straight line. More like

1-85 Pull room after room after room
    85-90 OW FUCK dead because healer or I didn't notice anything

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    But your personal opinion people,
    Conversion or Death Siphon.
    Death Pact . It's the only choice that doesn't interfere with DS usage and is a really powerful heal.
    Conversion only works well if you're swimming in RP which you pretty much never do unless there's a massive haste buff.
    Death Siphon requires the same runes as Death Strike, usually heals less and doesn't give a shield. It's a reasonable dps choice over DS on bosses like Elegon though (+50% damage buff)

So wait, Death Pact?

So I should:

Summon Ghoul -> Death Pact?

Worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    So wait, Death Pact?
    So I should:
    Summon Ghoul -> Death Pact?
    Worth a shot
    In general that's how it works :P
    Since the ghoul lasts 1 min though you can summon him beforehand if you know you're going to need a big heal soon.

Since summoning the ghoul no longer triggers a GCD you can macro it together with Death Pact.

I pretty much turns Death Pact into a on-demand heal, where you do not have to care about your ghoul being up or not.

Summoning still triggers a gcd - Death Pact does not.

Ah, yeah, my mistake there, mixed them up for some reason.

But yeah, it's viable to macro it, due to Death Pact being off the GCD.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the DMC trinket decent or terrible? Doesn't seem all that bad to me, at least as an entry level trinket.

Deleted
    What do people think about the tier pieces for blood dk? What pieces should I aim for?

If you are aiming for 4pc then hands/chest/legs/shoulders would be ideal. If you are just going for 2pc, then legs/shoulders would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the DMC trinket decent or terrible? Doesn't seem all that bad to me, at least as an entry level trinket.
    Considering how cheap you can get it (10k for all the cards on my server).
    I would say it's a good trinket to get, the stamina on it is pretty decent, and the use effect is good. Not BiS, but worth getting imo.

It's not a bad card by any means. I'm still using it for our 25H progression (since i prefer 2 stam trinkets for progression). Though I don't use any stam trinkets for gara'jal...I tend to equip the trinket that is least likely to be used as a weapon of self harm after a night of 25H gara'jal as a DK tank....

Hi,

I have 3 wep right now,

Lightbreaker Greatsword
    Starshatter(LFR)
    Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm(Normal)

Which do you think is the best choice? Thanks

I'd use lightbreaker.
    the mastery gain from using the polarm doesn't outweigh the loss of parry (from strength), and the gain in weapon damage (in my opinion) on the LFR starshattering doesn't outweigh the loss of mastery compared to lightbreakers.

The OP needs to be updated, get rid of all those 480 stamina bonuses. You can get more than enough EH without geming/enchanting for it. Mastery > stamina.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    The OP needs to be updated, get rid of all those 480 stamina bonuses. You can get more than enough EH without geming/enchanting for it. Mastery > stamina.
    Too bad other than JC and BS none of those professions offer a mastery bonus so unless you suggest going for 320 str with them 480 stam is still the way to go.
    The guide has more pressing issues like the walls of text, one sided recommendations for gearing/talents and a far from helpful skill priority/rotation section.

If you think you know a way to improve the guide, let me know and i'll see what i can do. Don't just bash it and say "it isn't helpful".
    Last edited by Reniat; 2012-11-12 at 01:49 AM.

Deleted
    Not sure what Nillo's wanting really. The guide would appear to be aimed at those that have tanked a dk whilst tank was blood spec, but are looking for a view on current modus operandii. Which IMO it has achieved.

Nillo, you know that out of all tank specs blood is the least hand-holdable, and that tanking more than any role is subject to variables.

I personally prefer an approach that provides a framework for experience to teach you how it is for yo. Rather than a prio list with all the conditions in there actually are and hammering that list with "ifs".

As for talents, lichborne is a personal thing imo, I don't generally spec it because I don't use, perhaps I'm simply not good enough, but I could never get away with pooling enough rp for the
    talent to be worthwhile, outside of assisting with very specific spike damage.

best regards

Worm