Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    2pc does work as blood. It seems to be around a 3-4% dps increase. It's not much, but if you are doing a DPS oriented build it makes sense to use it.

Deleted
    2 set of tanking and 2 set dps.
    Both the dps and tanking 2 set are okayish for tanking, you get two pieces with mastery (meaning that the gain of using offset would be small) and a small bonus to your survivability or dps. Using both 2p tanking and 2p dps will result in your mastery taking a significant hit, not sure if that'd be worth it or not, at least if you have access to tf offset. Personally I'm rolling with 2p dps for 10 man atm (considering both 4p tanking or 2p+2p), for 25 man I'd probably go with 2p tanking and offset pieces (max survivability).

Is it a noticeable dps loss for me to remove Heart Strike from my bars and just use Blood Boil in it's place at all times? I tried casting both at 0 vengeance and they both do almost the same damage, which does more at high vengeance levels? Thing is I like saving bind space where possible and since I'm always running with Roiling Blood, BB has become my go to spell for dumping blood runes. Don't think I have used Heart Strike in the rotation in a few years now.

edit: i dont raid heroic modes on my dk, its just an alt (one i play a lot though)
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

The dps loss is fairly low so if you want to save space go ahead.

No it's not ok to remove it. Even at 100k vengeance HS will do about 30k more damage than blood boil on a single target. In fact there is no level of vengeance that makes BB > HS for single target. If you are running out of "space" in your UI, you might need to look at redoing your UI.

Meh the difference is about 10k for me and with HS being less than 5% of damage done already that doesn't even end up being a 1% dps loss.
    If that free spot allows you to use Soul Reaper on cooldown it's definitely worth it.

Why can't you have them both in play and use the one that's appropriate? A good UI will help in a lot of places, and fixing a debilitating UI is a lot better than just throwing out abilities because they can't "fit".

And there does not exist a level of vengeance that makes heart strike do only 10k more than blood boil. at 0 vengeance its a difference of about 20k, and it only gets larger from there since HS scales better than BB with AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    Why can't you have them both in play and use the one that's appropriate? A good UI will help in a lot of places, and fixing a debilitating UI is a lot better than just throwing out abilities because they can't "fit".

And there does not exist a level of vengeance that makes heart strike do only 10k more than blood boil. at 0 vengeance its a difference of about 20k, and it only gets larger from there since HS scales better than BB with AP.
    Well I personally tested it like 30 seconds ago and the difference for me between a 0 vengeance BB and HS is around 3k dmg (where did you pull 20k diff from?), with HS being the slightly harder hitter.

BB dmg on dummy at 0 vengeance: 7,570
    HS dmg on dummy at 0 vengeance: 10,644

And it's not a UI issue, but amount of keybinds in awkward places issue, I can't solve that without paying like £65 for a slightly better mouse. Since I'm not raiding heroics on the dk, I think removing HS will be okay for me and allow an easier rotation.
    Last edited by Vakna; 2013-05-06 at 08:31 PM.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

My math was done with all raid buffs included, which is the kind of math that matters in a raid setting.

EDIT: oh i was also assuming a ToT ilvl weapon, which makes a significant difference, and that was a bad assumption on my part. however unless you are using a 1h weapon or weapons from previous expansions HS will still always do more single target damage for any reachable level of AP

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    And it's not a UI issue, but amount of keybinds in awkward places issue, I can't solve that without paying like £65 for a slightly better mouse. Since I'm not raiding heroics on the dk, I think removing HS will be okay for me and allow an easier rotation.
    I can't tell you how to play, but I still can't exactly support anything but what's optimal. Do what you gotta do I guess, but it's still only hurting yourself by not adjusting your keybinds to accommodate all the abilities you need for play blood optimally.
    Last edited by Reniat; 2013-05-06 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    You'll want Soul Reaper keybound anyways so if you're really desperate you can always use a macro to combine that with Heart Strike.

Code:
    #showtooltip Soul Reaper
    /cast [mod] Soul Reaper; Heart Strike

Using that you can always see the cooldown on Soul Reaper but unless you're holding a modifier key you'll still cast Heart Strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have HS with BB with a mod on the same key. Next to that is Rune Strike with Mind Freeze on the mod. On the other side is Outbreak with Soul Reaper on shift and taunt on alt.

Deleted
    After spending some time on the Blood DK stat priority, I don't really know if I need to change my build.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...noran/advanced (Yes, still gotta change the 5 dps gems)

Raidbuffed:
    Hit cap
    Exp soft cap
    262% mastery

What would be the best way to go from here?

Deleted
    Excluding the (as you said) dps gems and empty glyph slots that looks like a perfect blood armory to me.

Deleted
    What would be better: replacing my Tier 14 helm (gives me 2 set), LFR tier 15 helm (646 mastery gain) or the Lei Shen lfr helm (less mastery than the Tier 15 helm, but more hit).

Not sure if the shorter VB cd is worth the mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc261824d975; 2013-05-07 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragnoran View Post
    What would be better: replacing my Tier 14 helm (gives me 2 set), LFR tier 15 helm (646 mastery gain) or the Lei Shen lfr helm (less mastery than the Tier 15 helm, but more hit).

Not sure if the shorter VB cd is worth the mastery.
    I'd definitely stick with the t14 helm, the shorter vb cd is amazing. I didn't replace that bonus (for all fights, the shorter cd isn't that useful on some) until I gained a total of ~30 ilvls and a good chunk of mastery from dropping the two pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    After spending some time on the Blood DK stat priority, I don't really know if I need to change my build.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...noran/advanced (Yes, still gotta change the 5 dps gems)

Raidbuffed:
    Hit cap
    Exp soft cap
    262% mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Excluding the (as you said) dps gems and empty glyph slots that looks like a perfect blood armory to me.
    This. Especially if you have stam trinkets on hand to swap in if the situation calls for them.

Raidbuffed:
    Hit cap
    Exp soft cap
    262% mastery

Dat luck on getting that wep..

Deleted
    Afternoon Guys,

I am currently experiencing a few slight issues tanking with our Paladin, he just seems to do a ridiculous amount of threat even after I've taunted and spammed Rune Strike indefinitely and he is using HoS, Are Paladins that OP with threat or is it possible I'm missing something?

Character is Vera Quel'thalas (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Keddy View Post
    Afternoon Guys,

I am currently experiencing a few slight issues tanking with our Paladin, he just seems to do a ridiculous amount of threat even after I've taunted and spammed Rune Strike indefinitely and he is using HoS, Are Paladins that OP with threat or is it possible I'm missing something?

Tell him to stop DpS whoring or he can solo tank.

It's not a matter of "OP Paladin" it's a matter of people being bad when it comes to tank swapping. If he cancels his vengeance or just waits for 10s before he does -any- damage after your taunt it's absolutely no problem.

Same works the other way round if you keep wailing at the boss when he has no vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Keddy View Post
    Afternoon Guys,

I got the exact problem, the other way around.. The pala tank in our guild cant gather threat what so ever, even though he uses all the shit he is supposed to do.. Even when I give him dead time I sometimes overaggro him :P
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore