Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Progressing spoils 10 heroic atm. need some advice how i can push out more dps on this fight. going max parry>dodge build atm. using Klaxxi str trinket + dps cloak for it but cant get past 150k (where i see most ppl do 200k+). any idea how i can push out more damoooge?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...pes&boss=71889

^logs form last night
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Logs from klaxxi don't work perferct. Only group who start on klaxxi should upload logs or you.

Here are logs that I upload.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=6072&e=6595

I full mastery build. Use glyph of dark simulacrum and use it on Set'thik Wind Wielder you can get buff that increase damage done by 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    Logs from klaxxi don't work perferct. Only group who start on klaxxi should upload logs or you.

Here are logs that I upload.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=6072&e=6595

I full mastery build. Use glyph of dark simulacrum and use it on Set'thik Wind Wielder you can get buff that increase damage done by 5%
    re-read my post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Don't know how you open. On mogu and mantid side(on mantid side I open always more)
    Boss box + 2 small boxes
    2 middle boxes + 1/2 small box
    2 middle boxes + 1/2 small box
    1 middle box + 2 small boxes
    Boss box.

Never wait to kill monster and open boxes faster so you can aoe more. 10-20% hp monster and I open next one when healer tell me to stop then I stop if he have problem with healing raid. Use Glyph of Dark Simulacrum and steal Rage of the Empress buff so your raid group and you will get 5% damage boost for few seconds. Last boss try to move in middle to help aoe sparks. Glyph of pestilence help too because your dots can be put on more mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean using full mastery build I around ~180k dps. I use AotD on second or third boss box.

15+ Year Old Account
    Avoided hits grant vengeance since about a year. It calculates 50% of the average damage and adds 1.5% of that to your AP

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933236387#1

As for the bloodshield: It's in the description of the skill.

Vengeance

The Keyword being "unmitigated"

Edit: Nevermind. Skipped a few posts.
    Last edited by Zao; 2013-12-09 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    Assuming you want to maximize the DPS benefit of Army, the answer is no.

You would be better suited popping army during a time of high damage intake, i.e. when your vengeance is at its highest, and will be for an extended period of time. In addition to the higher attack power attributed to your many minions you get the added benefit of a the damage reduction while you cast it.
    Army doesn't scale with attack power. It scales with Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Crikio View Post
    cant help but disagree with that

when im soloing army does 1-2m dmg

when im in a raid if i pre army, then instatnly start getting trucked off the pull my army does 6-10m

Quote Originally Posted by Crikio View Post
    It definitely scales with AP.

Just a question about DPS oriented tank builds. I plan on only doing 10man normal/flex with the possibility of the odd heroic boss (not progression) with my DK tank so I'm going to look at going for a DPS oriented build but don't want to suddenly fall over and die to things. Should I go for Haste > Parry or Parry > Dodge build?

Go with avoidance. Parry>dodge.

Deleted
    was looking Riggnaros this night on his DK. he went 116% mastery unbuffed with full haste build. thought isnt viable like the other builds anymore? any conclusions?

It's viable but not optimal. Even with the 2pc, haste is just inferior to avoidance on both accounts (dmg and survival). Technically there are places where haste is more dps, but even there it's still close and you still get more survival from avoidance. Riggs has never been a very math oriented person. He does what works and has never really stressed the fine details, and haste "works" so why change it (not saying i agree with that ideology, but once you get to a certain point which build you pick doesn't matter nearly as much as how well you use DS/CDs and he seems to have a good enough grasp on those things). Especially given that AFAIK he is still maining his monk, so there is even less pressure to "perfect" his dk build.

Deleted
    ty reniat. can u maybe take a look in my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...arsai/advanced ? progressing on thok hc 10m atm. can i improve something on my gear ? maybe i running to much mastery ?

so, i hit 90 2 days ago, and was wondering, should i gear for mastery or avoidance. I am seeing fights for both sides, but i am unsure of which to choose, i am currently geared for mastery right now though.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ariah/advanced
    (i know i need a gem in my ring and an enchant on my gloves)

Thanks in advance.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

Either is viable. If you are learning how to time DS and CDs, mastery is a bit more forgiving. Mastery is also the way to go if you are feeling squishy or if you just need more survival for any reason. You can translate mastery vs avoidance into survival vs dps, so it's entirely up to you.

Deleted
    Vengeance is calculated by unmitigated damage. So lets say you parry a hit that would otherwise have hit you for 100k then you still gain vengeance for that hit. It does not matter if you avoid, mitigate or reduce that damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Vengeance is calculated by unmitigated damage. So lets say you parry a hit that would otherwise have hit you for 100k then you still gain vengeance for that hit. It does not matter if you avoid, mitigate or reduce that damage.
    That's more or less correct, but unless i'm missing some context I can't see how that's relevant :P

Hello, I recently got enough tier tokens to get my DK tank a 4 set (all lfr except hands from celestials so far . )

However I'm not sure whether I should use it or not, I personally like the old tier set for the free rune tap / shorter CD on it.

My questions are; how good is the DK 4 set this tier? Is it worth replacing an LFR 2 set from ToT with an SoO 4 set?
    Currently not running anything really challenging...guild just got flex spoils I his week, and normal SHA a few weeks back.

Thanks

Character here:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pells/advanced

P.S I know I shouldn't be using the stam gems...just like having the high HP while I can

Hi I'm looking for some advice regarding our DK tank

- His armoury - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yunerro/simple

The problem we have is that he's made of paper (literally) he drops in around 2 hits on some occasions and it's becoming rather frustrating. We have been encouraged to two heal the Garrosh fight which we would like to do however if this guy cannot stay alive it's likely we'll be forced to stick to three. I questioned him about it last raid and wondered if his reforges and gemming was correct, he claimed it was but askmrrobot said it wasn't. Can someone take a quick look and point out problems with him?

@Hunter Extraordinaire:
    The 4pc is pretty awesome from a survival PoV as well as a damage output one. It also has great synergy with the CD reduction trinket off malkorok. I would suggest getting it.

@Zephre:
    His gems are fine, though I don't agree with his choice of reforging into haste. His meta gem is wrong though (he should have the austere gem stam and +2% armor).

That said, garrosh does hit pretty hard. He could be timing his CDs better, and he could be using his resources more efficiently for more death strikes, but honestly i've seen tanks live on far worse. The one thing I would try is having him go heavy mastery/stam until he gets more gear. If he has a second stam trinket, tell him to use that as well as his rooks trinket. There are times when he is dying with CDs like Vampiric Blood and AMS active, so I'm thinking it's just a case of lack of gear on both his and the healers part, because the correct thing to do there is pop CDs, and hes already dying with them up so aside from better DS timing and a BIIT more pro-active CD use, the only think I can say is stack mastery/stam (possibly just stam at first, to get a healthy EH) until he has a more intended ilvl. For a quick comparison, he has 547 to your other tank's 562.

Does that mean he is playing perfect and still dying? far from it, but he's not playing "bad" either. The only thing I can really fault him for for sure would be using an damage oriented build (avoidance/haste) with such a low ilvl for the content he's doing.