Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zomonk View Post
    does xal'atoh drop while having loot set for blood spec?
    It does. All 2-handers with STR drops for Death Knights (all speccs)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    I have trouble getting threat back from my offtank which is a feral druid. I think the monk/druid threat is simply because for them a dps stat is their survival stat (crit). Meaning the more they stack for survival, the higher there dps goes etc. Whereas a DK stacking survival basically gets no dps boost from those stats (a little crit from parry etc). Also their tanking trinkets for example are often dps trinkets (monk BiS is the multistrike trinket ffs).

As for my reasoning between haste over crit with thoks, my crit values /rates seem pretty low, which to me would seem to reduce the value of the 9% crit damage boost, whereas the haste boost would benefit all sides overall (crit dam via more attacks, more DS = more use of mastery bonus etc).
    Sorry, I was reading this guide for my new 90 DK, but I wanted to comment on this.

As a warrior, I ran a normal raid the other night and anytime the DK taunted boss off of me, I couldn't use my dps abilities AT ALL or else I'd take the mob straight back. I cant' remember the last time I had to worry about that. I went from like 130-140k dps down to 90k dps simply because I couldn't press ANY buttons when I was off tank and just white hits kept me at 99-100% threat.

Was the DK tank just bad or is this something that DKs are facing? I've never had this problem, but I think I've always been the undergeared tank in most cases (547ilvl) so maybe him being like 545 was that big of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    Was the DK tank just bad or is this something that DKs are facing?
    no way to tell with what you posted but chances are that he is doing something incorrect if there are some threat issues

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    no way to tell with what you posted but chances are that he is doing something incorrect if there are some threat issues
    This. FWIW, as a DK tank I have the opposite problem -- until I got in my current heroic progression team, I would constantly monitor my threat level closely because I risked pulling off the other tank sitting at ~ 120k DPS without vengeance. So, yeah, you would out-DPS me but not nearly enough to pose a threat to pulling back on anything but the most cheesy of fights. Thus, your co-tank had some sort of issue. Possibly just a mastery uber-alles build, which gave terrible DPS and so threat.