Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are you afraids of whines?

Alright I am waiting for GW2 release like nothing esle! I have played wow for 7 years and when I tried Rift and SWTOR and AoC(and some more) all general chats were flooded with "WoW vs that game". Basically after some debates I just realize how much better wow is and quit it. It must be silly but it's my greatest concern right now. So what do you guys think, will people continue speaking about wow all the time or will GW have a bit different community?
    P.S. This is not gw2 vs any game topic, please keep it clean.

Deleted
    There will always be people who think that if you like the one game that you should hate the other

they're all over the place in youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Alright I am waiting for GW2 release like nothing esle! I have played wow for 7 years and when I tried Rift and SWTOR and AoC(and some more) all general chats were flooded with "WoW vs that game". Basically after some debates I just realize how much better wow is and quit it. It must be silly but it's my greatest concern right now. So what do you guys think, will people continue speaking about wow all the time or will GW have a bit different community?
    They are two totally different games and can't be compared. Also, GW2 is B2P meaning it is not actually competing with WoW. Anet doesn't care if you purchase the game, play for 5 minutes then never again, they already made their money. So..no, not concerned since it isn't valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guildwars 2 built the game around community, on all fronts.

The game will start with ohhh cool, maybe a few trolls who say wow is better for this or that.

But for the most part the mmo's where ppl said that and quit back to wow were wow clone games, Swtor for example.
    So for the most part they were right why start over in the same game new skin if you have an older character on wow?

Guild wars2 is not a new skin its a new game, and the people who hate it will end up liking it, and it will create memes youtubers etc.
    And become the new wow.

Can't speak for Rift and AoC, but as for SWTOR - you can't flat out copy WoW, OPENLY TALK ABOUT IT, confess that you are trying to attract WoW players, and then be surprised when your game is compared to WoW.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... it's going to be very hard for someone to have good reasoning to claim GW2 is a WoW clone.

So what do you guys think, will people continue speaking about wow all the time or will GW have a bit different community?
    Of course people will talk about WOW often. It's a cultural icon and one of the most important games made within the genre. I don't see any thing wrong with this outright.

It's like saying, "Will film students talk about Taxi Driver?"

Um, yea. They will.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Yes I am, because I know a lot of clueless people will be coming from a certain famous MMO and start whining and crying about how difficult they think GW2 is.
    I sincerely hope Arenanet has the spine to stand up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Yes I am, because I know a lot of clueless people will be coming from a certain famous MMO and start whining and crying about how difficult they think GW2 is.
    I sincerely hope Arenanet has the spine to stand up to them.
    Or at least facepalm or face desk at their stupidity.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Don't really think it's fair to pump up GW2 as being so difficult the average World of Warcraft is going to be stymied by the game. Esp. before GW2 even sees live servers. Game balance and difficulty can't really be nailed down till after release.

Just a lil bit, but I hope all the whiny WoWbabies will leave fast enough not to have any ruining impact on the game.

Deleted
    As a fellow WoW player since it was launched in November 2005 i can safely say, take a look at some of the videos about GW2 and see how "active" the gameplay is.WoW as of now is more dead than ever and it will be even more dead as time goes by, players wants a new and fresh MMO that can provide everything that the current MMO's do and more.

I suggest taking a look around Youtube and you'll find the most amazing stuff about GW2.

Just a friendly tip: After being really really hardcore on WoW i quit the game twice due to how crappy it's becoming (sad but true) and many many great top notch players do the same.You think that's random?

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Guildwars 2 built the game around community, on all fronts.

The game will start with ohhh cool, maybe a few trolls who say wow is better for this or that.

But for the most part the mmo's where ppl said that and quit back to wow were wow clone games, Swtor for example.
    So for the most part they were right why start over in the same game new skin if you have an older character on wow?

Guild wars2 is not a new skin its a new game, and the people who hate it will end up liking it, and it will create memes youtubers etc.
    And become the new wow.
    I loled......This is the problem with GW2 right now...people becoming fanatics and are hyping it to no end. Stop saying things like new wow. As other people said it will not be WoW it is its own game and I hope the community starts off strong with not many complainers and trolls ( but looking at the gaming community at a whole it is starting to sound like a pipe dream) but don't try to turn this into GW2 is the new WoW.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, from what I saw on SWTOR (on Empire side on my server anyway), people talking about WoW is the least of your concerns. There were so many country v country, race v race, military v military, your mum, etc., etc., etc. trolls that it was just mind-numbing. Luckily not all servers were like that.

It takes time for the people who are just there to troll to disappear and for the community feel to develop.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I typically ignore public chat in any game. Because people are stupid.

Even when they're not wasting their "breath" bashing on WoW outside of WoW, they'll be trolling, complaining about things not worth complaining about, and just in general being dumb.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Or at least facepalm or face desk at their stupidity.
    There's gonna be loads of people who will complain about the lack of tanks/healers.
    And they're gonna mess up so much and cry so much when they fail to take responsability of their own actions.

Gw2 will be pretty different from WoW when it comes to game play and not only that but since it will be F2p a lot more people will keep playing because even if the end game isn't as good as WoW it's not like you are paying for it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starborn91 View Post
    because even if the end game isn't as good as WoW it's not like you are paying for it anyway.
    Pretty big if imo. ^_^
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    I loled......This is the problem with GW2 right now...people becoming fanatics and are hyping it to no end. Stop saying things like new wow. As other people said it will not be WoW it is its own game and I hope the community starts off strong with not many complainers and trolls ( but looking at the gaming community at a whole it is starting to sound like a pipe dream) but don't try to turn this into GW2 is the new WoW.
    So im not allowed to like a game call it the new wow, wow can keep going on forever it will never die ever or be replaced by a game with better design? ever? i think wow is your pipe dream.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 02:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Starborn91 View Post
    Gw2 will be pretty different from WoW when it comes to game play and not only that but since it will be F2p a lot more people will keep playing because even if the end game isn't as good as WoW it's not like you are paying for it anyway.
    Its not free to play its Buy to play with micro.

It's highly unlikely World of Warcraft will die out any time soon. Not many games are better designed than WOW- that doesn't mean WOW is perfect or some sort of silliness. But in actual design? Very few regardless of genre are it's equal, yet alone better (part.) in the MMO genre.

The market forces that led to WOW's inertia are also somewhat different today than in 2004. Pretend I put 'somewhat' in scare quotes as well.

Blizz can lose like half their subs and still dwarf most other MMOs. WOW private servers have numbers greater than some F2P games. More likely WOW will keep running for another 5 or so years before becoming the Runescape of the 4th major era of MMOs.