How are people leveling so fast?

I consider myself a very fast leveler in any MMO I have played. But Im only 12 so far and I hear theres lots of people 30+. Im doing every single heart I can find and any of the DEs that I run across. I did mess around with some PvP but that was only for about 2 hours. Im not wasting time crafting unless its just to get exp from making ore and logs into stuff. I assume those high levels are people that played in probably every Beta event so they already knew the best way to level?

Also I have been going to other race areas and doing their low lvl zone quests as well. They still seem to give me exp for my level as well as loot even if they are only labeled as level 2-4. Should I only stick to my race's quests and keep going up through the harder ones or will I still get the same exp for doing lower level quests from other zones? Just trying to see every zone, but if thats slowing me down I will just stick to my race quests.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-26 at 11:25 PM.

You get exp from achievements, vistas, skill challenges, gathering, etc. That's probably why. /thread?
    Last edited by Adversarius; 2012-08-26 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    I would guess that they are playing non stop during the weekend so to speak.

What's your hurry? Seriously?

Who cares what level other people are, everyone is 80 in WvWvW, and it doesn't matter one bit in PvE.

Probably people that played a lot during the beta, so they know exactly what to do.

If you're completely new to the game, I strongly don't recommend rushing through to level up - enjoy the content and what the game has to offer. Don't be like them typical lot that rush to max level and say "lack of content" for end-game...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2012-08-26 at 11:29 PM.

The people who are in the 30s have probably been playing nonstop since midnight on saturday (or whenever it opened on your time zone).

So even if I do quests 8-10 levels lower than me in other race zones the exp scales to my actual level?

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    So even if I do quests 8-10 levels lower than me in other race zones the exp scales to my actual level?
    Yeah and you also get loot drops that match your level.

Yes, so do the quest rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    What's your hurry? Seriously?

Who cares what level other people are, everyone is 80 in WvWvW, and it doesn't matter one bit in PvE.
    Faster access to higher mats to sell or use to craft the good stuff.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-26 at 11:32 PM.

Faster access to higher mats to sell or use to craft the good stuff.
    So somehow that isn't going to be there when you are high enough level?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm level 32½ currently, I'm not really in any rush, I do all the zones I'm in to 100% completion and I've done a fair bit of crafting as well.

I have however been playing since saturday morning (with some breaks ofc), currently got ~32 hours played.

Like others have said, don't worry about what level everyone else is! Just play the game and have fun. The levels will just come.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    The people who are in the 30s have probably been playing nonstop since midnight on saturday (or whenever it opened on your time zone).
    I have played maybe 18 hours total and am level 35.

There are 80s already.
    Kungen is 50+ i believe.

Kripp i have no idea.

I have lots of lvl 10 chars and i don't care about levelling ;p
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Im level 15 and I haven't really played much, i was out for a good portion of yesterday and today. Seems pretty quick

Grats to all the people leveling so quickly, I used to make that mistake in WoW all the time, and it was pretty obvious during Cata that it was the reason people were so bored all the time, just blowing through content at break-neck speed.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in GW2 beta, I didn't activate my head start because I plan to enjoy my time playing the game. I spent 6 years playing Hardcore WoW, server firsts, Realm Firsts etc etc... and I realized those meant nothing when I had nothing to do afterwards. To each their own, I suppose, but I hope they won't be whiny little shits when they are bored out of their minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

they will level quick get bored leave and bring tons with them, their worshipers will also come to the forums and destroy the game, and that will drive more away....LOL sad but true.

why would you wanna rush it anyways?
    isnt the point to enjoy the game.

We've already got a thread discussion leveling and leveling speed, please use that one.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...veling-quickly