Engineer question. New to GW2.

Hello everyone . I started playing GW2 with the head-start on saturday at midnight, and i´ve been loving the game so far. The questing system, events, all of it, havent really tried PvP since im not a big fan of it, but ill try it some time :P.

Right now I´m lvl22, Asura Engineer, and I was wondering if I´m doing stuff alright, as in stats, traits and all :x, I don´t have trouble fighting mobs 1 or 2 levels higher unless I get overwhelmed.

I´ve been putting points in alchemy and fire arms traits, and the stats I usually look for are power, vitality and precision, with a bit of condition damage.
    I run dual pistols and usually have the Elixir H for healing, Elixir B, the machine gun turret and the granade kit (granade kit for aoe, turret for when I get overwhelmed, and using Elixir B on cooldown).

Like I said, i dont really have trouble fighting mobs or anything, but I´m wondering if what I´m doing is alright :x am I suposed to go for diferent stats? Or different traits? I´ve been looking for a guide or something, but all I find are pvp guides and no leveling or PvE guides :x So...Opinions?suggestions?

Thanks!

Pistols are very much condition based, your auto attack applies a stacking burn, your #2 skill and #4 (poison and fire, dunno names) are both conditions as well. I would definitely be looking for things that raise your condition damage. That said I also saw a crit based pistol build for pvp so I dunno.

Deleted
    If it works for you then I don't see an issue, you'll likely want to optimize it at later levels but while you're questing it's not a huge deal.
    Personally I'm going for an Alchemy/Condition Damage build. I am using a Flamethrower/Elixir Gun (Depends on what mood I'm in really), Elixir H for healing, Elixir B for buffs and sort of mess around a bit with the last slot while leveling. I then focus mainly on condition damage statistics and boon increase, in which case my Flamethrower/Elixir Gun and boons gained from Alchemy give me a lot of damage and support capabilities. (Oh and I'm using a rifle mainhand but only for maneuverability, I hardly ever fight with it - Jump Shot is amazing for jumping puzzles by the way)

Only thing I can say about what you're picking is that it's maybe a bit too.. unfocused. Elixirs, Turrets and Grenades all require a different talent tree so I'd personally suggest to narrow it down a bit more and focus on a more specific build.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Pistols are very much condition based, your auto attack applies a stacking burn, your #2 skill and #4 (poison and fire, dunno names) are both conditions as well. I would definitely be looking for things that raise your condition damage. That said I also saw a crit based pistol build for pvp so I dunno.
    Pistols' first attack (auto/main attack if you will) actually apply stacking bleeds, not burns. But yes, if you want to focus on raw weapon damage and not use any weaponry kits much then condition damage if you go pistols, power/precision if you go rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    That said I also saw a crit based pistol build for pvp so I dunno.

Can you link it? Been messing with the pistol builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    If it works for you then I don't see an issue, you'll likely want to optimize it at later levels but while you're questing it's not a huge deal.
    Personally I'm going for an Alchemy/Condition Damage build. I am using a Flamethrower/Elixir Gun (Depends on what mood I'm in really), Elixir H for healing, Elixir B for buffs and sort of mess around a bit with the last slot while leveling. I then focus mainly on condition damage statistics and boon increase, in which case my Flamethrower/Elixir Gun and boons gained from Alchemy give me a lot of damage and support capabilities. (Oh and I'm using a rifle mainhand but only for maneuverability, I hardly ever fight with it - Jump Shot is amazing for jumping puzzles by the way)

Only thing I can say about what you're picking is that it's maybe a bit too.. unfocused. Elixirs, Turrets and Grenades all require a different talent tree so I'd personally suggest to narrow it down a bit more and focus on a more specific build.

Pistols' first attack (auto/main attack if you will) actually apply stacking bleeds, not burns. But yes, if you want to focus on raw weapon damage and not use any weaponry kits much then condition damage if you go pistols, power/precision if you go rifles.
    Ah yeah, I know its a bit "unfocused" like you called it, thing is, even without the traits, granades do good aoe damage and so does the turret, thats why i use them...Also, i cant find any other elixirs that are worth using really x_x not for PvE and leveling, at least not worth to use one of my utility slots in that.

Also, question, you mentioned raw power and precision for rifles, and condition damage for pistols, now, is it worth getting power OR precision if im going with dual pistols at all? I mean, I understand raw power would increase the damage i deal with the shot, and then condition damage would increase the DoT damage, (is that correct?), now, why is it that i pick up only DoT damage for pistols instead of raw power or precision as well?:x

And, one more thing, I am able to reset my traits later on if i wish too right?Like respeccing on WoW?:x

10+ Year Old Account
    We need a call turrets to ur location thing, like the ritualists got AFTER YONKS in gw1.

I don't want any sissy packs, I WANNA DROP TURRETS >:| Long cooldowns ftl.