10+ Year Old Account

Divinity's Reach = mindblown

I have never seen a city so vast, detailed and beautiful in any other MMO. Everything from cosy narrow winding streets to big open areas like the central garden place, I'm utterly lost but fascinated at the same time. At first I was like "this is it, huh?" but when I openend my map I realize I was only looking at 5% of the city lol, I spent ages getting all the vistas.

But is it just me or do other cities suck in comparision? Hoelbrak (HOELBRAAAAAAAAK, love saying that out loud) looks like a shack compared to Divinity's Reach.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-27 at 12:52 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Divinity's Reach is probably the coolest city that I've ever seen in an MMO. I was actually less excited for it than any of the others (after all, humans are tedious) but the scale is just massive and the detail is incredible. The closest WoW ever came was with Dalaran, but that was peanut-sized compared with Divinity's Reach.

Deleted
    Yeah, I love divinity's reach, but the black citadel was the city that really made me run around squealing in glee. That, and Rata Sum.

Divinity's reach is the first city in any MMO that looks like it actually houses a lot of people. It is literally the size of a literal city...at least it has that feel to it. I love the houses up on the walls and stuff in the distance. I mean look at Orgrimmar...did it ever feel like it could house a majority of the orc race? it was only as big as it needed to be to fit necessary NPC's and a touch of eye candy. Divinity's reach looks like the whole fucking server could live there. Literally have there own room. And the eye candy...dear lord the eye candy!
    Last edited by Menkey; 2012-08-27 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time I stepped into Altdorf in Warhammer online had my jaw dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Tera has cities beat.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

While Divinity's Reach is definitely impressive, and looks to be an actual full-blown city, I'm actually more a fan of Rata Sum. Giant floating cubes in the sky filled with inventions and crossing gaping chasms over energy bridges are pretty awesome. I especially like all the Asura Gates leading to all the nooks and crannies of the city.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-08-27 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me the far-off artwork/screenshots of Divinity's Reach don't do it justice, running around it will make people realize how crazy big (and yet very-well filled with stuff and people).

Hmm.

Actually, I vote it to be the biggest city in any MMO ever. Any objections?

Got some screenshots?
    Meep~

10+ Year Old Account
    It's impossible to show the size with screenshots but I'll try to find some stuff...

Here's the map:
    http://www.guildwars2us.info/wp-cont...reach_map1.jpg

What this girl is seeing is about ~1/6th of the city (one of it's sectors), the city has 6 sectors:
    http://nerd.tanklikeagirl.com/files/...treets-dvr.jpg

The center circle is this:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/a/...den_Orrery.jpg

Scenic shots:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oTe6FwMHza...t_Polished.jpg
    http://www.drelectronics.co.nz/asset...itys_Reach.jpg
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-27 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    Got some screenshots?

And all of this are fake buildings without interiors. That design serve no function and is only intended to make people waste their time.

The visuals in this game are my absolute favorite thing....my favorite part of the game so far is just walking around and exploring, particularly the cities.

DR is great, I spent the afternoon exploring it. Still missing one POI. So many levels, houses, mansions, surprises at every corner. Although, I have to say my favorite is Lion's Arch. The center city area architecture with the ships is so imaginative and so many outlying areas that look like they are straight out of an Italian countryside. The beaches and underwater areas are gorgeous.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Divinity's Reach > Lions Arch > Sylvari City > Norn City > Asura City > everything else here > Char City (I really really really really dislike this city)

Easily spent about an hour and a half re-exploring Divinity's Reach (had done so previously) the other day. Spent far less time in the other racial cities and comparable time in Lions Arch (more if you count the pirate puzzle) and I hadn't explored any of those.

Divinity's Reach is just so cool, I could gush about it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    And all of this are fake buildings without interiors. That design serve no function and is only intended to make people waste their time.
    There are far more open buildings that serve a purpose in this game than I've seen in any other mmo. Don't make half assed assumptions about games you obviously have not played.

And yea, the Black Citadel is bloody confusing.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-08-27 at 05:53 AM.