5.0.4 PvP - DW Frost or 2h Frost?

What weapon style is better ATM in beta?
    DW Frost Masterfrost/Hastefrost?
    2H Frost Masterfrost/Hastefrost?
    And what's the best choice between Macroed Blood Tap, Runic Empowerment and Runic Corruption?

What u guys think?

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 01:33 PM ----------

Anyone?? I really need some answers

10+ Year Old Account
    I've play DW Masterfrost/Runic Empowerment because I feel that its more fun than Two Handed. IMO, 2H relies way too much on Obliterate crits for its burst potential. After the 10% nerf to Obliterate, I'm not sure if its even worth it anymore. Also, I feel that DW grants more Killing Machine procs and grants a damage bonus to Frost Strike which is good for a Masterfrost build. The Razorice rune enchant is also a nice bonus that 2H doesn't have access to.

I've seen Biotox (High rated DK) play 2H and is a superior player than me. There's many DK's that play 2H over DW. It'll probably come down to preference during the first couple of weeks of MoP until everything becomes cookie cutter. Supposedly, 2H does more Burst but less consistent damage. Seeing how MoP PvP is all about burst damage, it doesn't surprise me that more DK's play 2H over DW.

The level 75 talents are somewhat of a mystery to me. I just play Empowerment because its just an old habit. Something is telling me Blood Tap is going to be the best talent when people get a better understanding of it. Its not RNG based like the other two and requires planning. Its probably going to work real well with Unholy because of the cost of necrotic strike is a death rune. I'm just too lazy to learn it and rather just mindlessly spam buttons while hoping the RNG Gods favor me.

I hope this helps. I'm not really the best player though so you might need to watch a stream or something. Biotox streams and answers questions similar to what you're asking.

I think 2h is still the way to go.

Also OP 2h frost can not be masterfrost, due to 2h getting buffs to OB.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've play DW Masterfrost/Runic Empowerment because I feel that its more fun than Two Handed. IMO, 2H relies way too much on Obliterate crits for its burst potential. After the 10% nerf to Obliterate, I'm not sure if its even worth it anymore. Also, I feel that DW grants more Killing Machine procs and grants a damage bonus to Frost Strike which is good for a Masterfrost build. The Razorice rune enchant is also a nice bonus that 2H doesn't have access to.

I've seen Biotox (High rated DK) play 2H and is a superior player than me. There's many DK's that play 2H over DW. It'll probably come down to preference during the first couple of weeks of MoP until everything becomes cookie cutter. Supposedly, 2H does more Burst but less consistent damage. Seeing how MoP PvP is all about burst damage, it doesn't surprise me that more DK's play 2H over DW.

The level 75 talents are somewhat of a mystery to me. I just play Empowerment because its just an old habit. Something is telling me Blood Tap is going to be the best talent when people get a better understanding of it. Its not RNG based like the other two and requires planning. Its probably going to work real well with Unholy because of the cost of necrotic strike is a death rune. I'm just too lazy to learn it and rather just mindlessly spam buttons while hoping the RNG Gods favor me.

I hope this helps. I'm not really the best player though so you might need to watch a stream or something. Biotox streams and answers questions similar to what you're asking.
    Yes, blood tap is just crazy for pvp. building up charges to spend them on the time u need it for one extra necro or slow is IMO the way to go. I dont like the RNG aspect of the tier 75, i tried blood tap out pre and with the macro gcd. And it's just feels realy smooth specially with 2hand frost.

2h mastery build with runic empowerment or bloodtap (since its off GCD now) it will come down to preference. RE can get you 5 procs in a row randomly or 0 in 5 frost strikes. With BT you are gauranteed 2 runes per 5 frost strikes.

It comes down to RNG vs gauranteed and your prefered playstyle.

As a 2400 DK I'll likely be taking BT because it is the only way to maintain high stacks of necrotics. Since it gives you death runes rather than just re-freshing the existing rune you have more leeway with what you want to do.

You can be in a dire situation where your opponent's hpally bops them and you are in need of a gauranteed rune to purge it off with Icy Touch.... stuff like that.

It allows you to get your runes more on demand and stream lined. Yes you can have proc chances but if your luck is bad (think roulette) then your not going to get as much damage output all the time.
    Last edited by GodTier; 2012-08-27 at 04:08 PM.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    2h mastery build with runic empowerment or bloodtap (since its off GCD now) it will come down to preference. RE can get you 5 procs in a row randomly or 0 in 5 frost strikes. With BT you are gauranteed 2 runes per 5 frost strikes.

It comes down to RNG vs gauranteed and your prefered playstyle.

As a 2400 DK I'll likely be taking BT because it is the only way to maintain high stacks of necrotics. Since it gives you death runes rather than just re-freshing the existing rune you have more leeway with what you want to do.

You can be in a dire situation where your opponent's hpally bops them and you are in need of a gauranteed rune to purge it off with Icy Touch.... stuff like that.

It allows you to get your runes more on demand and stream lined. Yes you can have proc chances but if your luck is bad (think roulette) then your not going to get as much damage output all the time.
    2h mastery? Haste isn't better for 2h in MoP ?

Seems like DW Frost will be better for RBG (cause of masterfrost, good damage on howling blast's and frost fever) and 2H Frost will be better for arenas (lots of bursts!)
    Last edited by drivertz; 2012-08-27 at 06:17 PM.

Yes it is. Mastery is terrible for 2H frost. Way below even crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yes it is. Mastery is terrible for 2H frost. Way below even crit.
    Thanks for answer!

I don't like the new "might of the frozen wastes" and "threat of thassarian". It's not supposed to feel like two different specs. Frost Strike will feel useless as 2h frost and Obliterate iss gonna feel useless for DW.

Can't they just keep them the way they are!?

We can just use weapon swaping macros;

/equip DW weapons
    /use frost strike

/equip 2h
    /use Obliterate

Last edited by Wrien; 2012-08-28 at 03:29 PM.

The MotFW and ToT bonuses are disabled for 30 seconds after you switch weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    I don't like the new "might of the frozen wastes" and "threat of thassarian". It's not supposed to feel like two different specs. Frost Strike will feel useless as 2h frost and Obliterate iss gonna feel useless for DW.

Can't they just keep them the way they are!?

We can just use weapon swaping macros;

/equip DW weapons
    /use frost strike

/equip 2h
    /use Obliterate

This is a poor design. I hate the NEED to use that type of macros.
    Last edited by drivertz; 2012-08-28 at 04:51 PM.

Suggest you read my post. Those macros should not be used.

Quote Originally Posted by drivertz View Post
    This is a poor design. I hate the NEED to use that type of macros.
    Wont work anyways
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

We guys, I know that macros wont work