Crafting Farm (JC/Artifice)

Hello!

I pre-purchased GW2 and love it, but am still pretty new to it, not having participated in beta at all.

I am a mesmer, currently level 16, going with jewelcrafting and artifice as my crafting skills. I harvested nodes as I went through Queensdale, did some harvesting runs at the end, and am currently around the mid-40s in those skills having completed Queensdale. I've discovered what (little) I could for jewelery recipes in this range, and still have a bit of discovery left for artifice.

The question is this then: should I stay and farm Queensdale for drops until I hit 75 on these crafting skills, or should I move on? If I move on, will I be able to get the necessary materials to hit 75 in these in the next zone (something Hills)?

The biggest hurdle by far is the teeth, scales, and even worse, the gems for jewelry. Not even sure where the best place to farm those is.

Thanks for your help!
    TCK

its rough, ideally you can buy mats from the trading post but since arena net hasn't gotten it up yet it isn't an option. I've been doing armor smithing and noticed that i couldn't do anything with the mats i picked up in the next zone since my skill was only 25 so i gotta think its the same with other crafting skills.

Something just occurred to me though, remember about the down-scaling -would it be reasonable to just do one of the other starting zones (if that's available in this game), so I get to explore somewhere new but still farm that first tier of mats?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    Something just occurred to me though, remember about the down-scaling -would it be reasonable to just do one of the other starting zones (if that's available in this game), so I get to explore somewhere new but still farm that first tier of mats?
    Yup, that's reasonable.

I was in the same boat in that I didn't have both my Armoursmithing and Blacksmithing to 25 before I finished the first zone but I continued nonetheless. In the next zone, since I was salvaging everything I didn't need, including weapons and armour, I got quite a bit of copper ore that way and was able to go past 25 and then use the mob drop materials of the new zone to get more discoveries.