Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rifle warrior.

Perma snare, 100% bleed uptime, AOE, infinite might stacking and Knockback.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rifle warrior.

Perma snare, 100% bleed uptime, AOE, infinite might stacking and Knockback.
    I'd like to see that build if you don't mind sharing. I just can't wrap my play-style around rifles, I find it much easier to just blind/immobilize with longbow while having physical utilities for keep them down and at bay.
    Last edited by Jerom; 2012-08-27 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    I'd like to see that build if you don't mind sharing. I just can't wrap my play-style around rifles, I find it much easier to just blind/immobilize with longbow while having physical utilities for keep them down and at bay.
    Here ya go.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/war...0|0|0|0|0|0|3|

You want to stack Prec/Pow/+Crit Dmg and use the Earth insignia [iirc, wiki is down] and rune 4x Mesmer/1x Divinity. Again if memory serves as the wiki is busted atm.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-27 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Get bomb kit with riffle, it basically sticky bomb,bomb,riffle jump,away,smoke bomb,bomb,knockback shot,rocket boots,net shot. make sure you pick the crippling trait as well.
    I had not even considered bomb belt until I read your post, got it and tried it and noticed something very strange, I don't get hit!

For those who may not know Bomb Belt changes your attacks to bomb attacks that require placing a short timed bomb that do various things from snare, blind, condition damage and basic attack. These bombs pretty much require you and the target to be in melee range.

Melee target just can't hit me even though in right there strafing and circling and the bombs hit much harder than my rifle. Its going to take some pretty fast fingers to be able to use Elxir B and the F version to buff then launch my self towards the target, bleeding them with my rifle, root them then switch to bombs and use the AE snare, posin, blind, bleed then back to rifle!

Shortbow Thief has amazing kite potential. So many rolls, SO MANY.

Thief with one weapon set shortbow and the other one maybe D/D and defensive traits. utility spells rollback shadowstep etc. ... trust me, you will never touch him if he doesnt want to. playing since 3 days like that, kiting around 2-3 people easily around the whole map, good, i dont kille anyone. but thats very hard in a 1v3, so you wont die. i think thief is not meant to be a glass canon for dmg at all,in teamplay.

Have loved my ability to kite on my thief. With a sword main hand you go apply a slow with your dagger toss. You get a teleport shadwostep and if i'm getting injured i tele back and throw my knife and with the amount of evasion I feel like I have the fun is really endless.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Necros do it pretty good. I use the scepter and a warhorn. Scepter #2 is an aoe cripple on a 10 sec cd, warhorn #5 is a buff that gives you swiftness and anyone close enough has a 1 sec cripple applied to them, and then warhorn #4 is a daze, if you can't kite it, and you're out of endurance to dodge it, then you can daze it and interrupt the attack.

I can kill groups of enemies pretty good since I rely on the scepter to do my damage anyway. The #1 attack stacks bleeds and then I use one utility that bleeds and a different one that spreads conditions, so between spreading conditions, the aoe damage from death shroud, and the aoe conditions from plague, I can do a lot of good aoe damage without really taking much damage.
    +1 This. This process works very well to avoid dmg and still take down mobs/players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Here ya go.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/war...0|0|0|0|0|0|3|

You want to stack Prec/Pow/+Crit Dmg and use the Earth insignia [iirc, wiki is down] and rune 4x Mesmer/1x Divinity. Again if memory serves as the wiki is busted atm.

Thank You, I will try it out today.

After getting my Engineer to near 20 I started a Necromancer and approaching 20 now I can see that Necro can kite just as well and has many ways to AE kite.

At this point I am shocked at how balanced these two are in my hands -in my hands meaning the same player. I'm tempted to try Mesmer as well as other classes to see if they play just as well!

Actually, a staff+anything Guardian has quite a few tricks up his sleeve. You can create a wall they have to go around, speed boost yourself, keep attacking from the distance, and every other weapon has at least 1 ability that's useful. Is it the Guardian's strongest suit? No. That doesn't mean they can't be damn good at it.

Rifle Warrior.

Soloed a [Group Event] boar in the human 1-15 last night. The NPCs kept dying, and the one other guy who even attempted to help, died in like 5 seconds and spent the rest of the fight spamming 'res!' to me as I was kiting the boar through the woods.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel pro. Until I read this thread I just figured I was doing something wrong as a Warrior, I mentioned it in guild chat as well: "Maybe I should just roll a Ranger because I find Rifles to be vastly superior to the other weaponry."

I had no idea what the classes were like in GW2, etc and I gravitated towards Rifle Warrior very quickly, picking up (literally) the exact same traits as the above build and the same skills (except I ran with 5 signets). I have an 82% chance to Crit, and have more than one rune that has a special effect on Crit (these are very OP with a Crit stacking build). I run Axe/Warhorn on swap (or Sword/Warhorn - depends on whether my axe or sword is better at that moment).

I mean Greatsword is nice, but Hundred Blades is the best attack on it and it becomes shit in later game events where standing still for 5 seconds is NOT an option.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-08-28 at 07:46 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I feel pro. Until I read this thread I just figured I was doing something wrong as a Warrior, I mentioned it in guild chat as well: "Maybe I should just roll a Ranger because I find Rifles to be vastly superior to the other weaponry."

I had no idea what the classes were like in GW2, etc and I gravitated towards Rifle Warrior very quickly, picking up (literally) the exact same traits as the above build and the same skills (except I ran with 5 signets). I have an 82% chance to Crit, and have more than one rune that has a special effect on Crit (these are very OP with a Crit stacking build). I run Axe/Warhorn on swap (or Sword/Warhorn - depends on whether my axe or sword is better at that moment).

I mean Greatsword is nice, but Hundred Blades is the best attack on it and it becomes shit in later game events where standing still for 5 seconds is NOT an option.
    This is the reason why I stopped playing my warrior. I only wanted to use 2H swords, and that ability makes me go insane.

I stand still for 2 seconds all the time as melee. But then again, that makes me immune to all damage while I do so, on an 8 second cooldown. Clearly, Mesmer is the master class.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I stand still for 2 seconds all the time as melee. But then again, that makes me immune to all damage while I do so, on an 8 second cooldown. Clearly, Mesmer is the master class.
    Could you explain that please so those of us who have no idea what you are talking about might gain some insight?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2012-08-29 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Could you explain that please so those of us who have no idea what you are talking about might gain some insight?
    Mesmer skill on the 1h Sword (melee weapon), set firmly in the "2" skill.

Blurred Frenzy:
    Strike your foe with a flurry of strikes, distorting the space around you, making you evade attacks.
    Damage(8x).
    Distortion(2s): Evade all attacks.
    Range: 130

It roots you, but for that two seconds, you're effectively immune to pretty much anything while you stabbity stab stab. And with the -20% sword cooldowns trait (first tier major) it's down from an already ridiculous 10 second cooldown, to an 8 second cooldown, offering 2 seconds of invulnerability inbetween your dodge or whatever other tools you already have.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Actually with the number of blind and aegis, if a guardian doesn't want to get hit 1v1, you won't touch him. And with a scepter you can work your opponent down. It will take very long though
    Ye I recently found out that as a Thief, with dagger/pistol you can effectively tank approx 4/5 single hits in a row with shadow shot, due to the blind(5s), after that you might have to dodge out of the way, but it's effective in any 1v1 combat situation. Sadly it doesn't apply to aoe, so I usually counter that with black powder.

What I personally find slightly annoying, is the excessive amount of stealth perks in the traits, while there's not enough low CD controlled stealth to take advantage of it. Some traps grant stealth, some abilities grant stealth, but they're either 1. weapon bound or 2. on a long CD. Not that I'm asking for perma stealth, but more control over it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Mesmer skill on the 1h Sword (melee weapon), set firmly in the "2" skill.

Blurred Frenzy:
    Strike your foe with a flurry of strikes, distorting the space around you, making you evade attacks.
    Damage(8x).
    Distortion(2s): Evade all attacks.
    Range: 130

It roots you, but for that two seconds, you're effectively immune to pretty much anything while you stabbity stab stab. And with the -20% sword cooldowns trait (first tier major) it's down from an already ridiculous 10 second cooldown, to an 8 second cooldown, offering 2 seconds of invulnerability inbetween your dodge or whatever other tools you already have.
    Nice thanks didn't even know we had that kind of ability in the game, I'll go look at Mesmer and see what kind of build kites well. I looked at the Team Paradigm guide (http://www.teamparadigm.net/guides/M...smer-PvP-Guide) and video they did not use Sword!

I haven't played other classes, but I gotta say warrior with rifle is a great kiter. I can just see those elementalist tears "this warrior kited me to death! :'("
    DO NOT like it btw, warriors must be only melee. But it's a fact. Great kiting.