Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Reading comprehension should be an important part of primary education.

I never wrote GW2 should have 7 years of content.
    WoW doesn't have 7 years of content either. Because of their game design only the content from the most current patch is relevant. GW1 and GW2 however keep all content current. It really was amazing coming back to GW1 to see just how much there was to do. If you quit WoW in vanilla and came back today, you'd power level to cap, do a small amount of heroics, then hit dragon soul LFR and technically be done with all content. WoW is a vacant shell of what it could have been with better design.
    Last edited by Zdrasti; 2012-08-28 at 03:10 PM.

installing now. real excited

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    No subscription means no real updates which means it will only keep people so long.

Also I think the biggest thing that keeps wow going and people coming back is that people have put so many years into they just can't drop it for good with that much time put in thats something no other mmo has going for it.
    The game gives you enough content for the price you pay.

I dont know what i will do when i get to 80, but taking at least two chars to 80 (which i will do) will give me more than enough content for what i paid.

I dont like much PVP, but that's just me, i still like the game more than enough to justify its price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    1.I played GW1 for over 5000 hours, and it's cost me about 200€ total (3 campaigns + expansion), I expect gw2 to have similar longevity.

2.Movement looks slow indeed, but once you're in the action it's very twitch-based and you'll need to react and play fast.

3.There is a system in place to teleport to the overflow server that your friend is on currently, but I think it' bugged (there are a lot of bugs still)

4.There are tournaments for (5v5) sPvP, which will be held daily, then there will be monthly and yearly tournaments for the better players.

5.There is a rank system, and you will be able to get special rewards including gems (cash shop currency)

for more info, I'ld suggest reading the Mass info thread in the stickies
    Thanks for the info.

I think i will give this game a whirl, its seems to be worthy of the price tag and any more is a bonus, probably wont replace wow for me but who knows, i was kinda hoping to play one or the other, but they i guess that wont happen at least for now.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ikonshaman View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I think i will give this game a whirl, its seems to be worthy of the price tag and any more is a bonus, probably wont replace wow for me but who knows, i was kinda hoping to play one or the other, but they i guess that wont happen at least for now.

Thanks.
    You're welcome. At the very least you could treat GW2 as you would treat skyrim or darksiders. Just a game to enjoy for a while and play every now and then. Nothing wrong with that, and it's definitely worth its cost.

There are A LOT of bugs atm, though.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    There are A LOT of bugs atm, though.
    So .. Skyrim fits

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I always laugh about the "no sub, no updates" argument.

Going by GW1, our updates will consist of new expansions every 6-12 months for $60, instead of every 2 years for $180 for very little content + the $60 for the actual expansion.

Also considering how much content there actually is in every zone, most casuals wont be hitting 80 for months.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2012-08-28 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Hey look! Another one that has no clue what they're talking about!

I'm with the OP! I haven't been hooked to an online game like this since Vanilla WoW
    Doesnt like pvp so gw2 offers nothing for him after reaching max level equals clueless right. >.
    N

Deleted
    I'll post it again, apart from the already great things in the game itself, is it just me or this game is just too damn beautiful O.o

Quote Originally Posted by ikonshaman View Post
    I'm interested in buying the game, i'm quite torn between buying MoP Xpac or GW2, not sure what i'm going to do yet, so i'm reading here for comments Good or Bad, their doesn't seem to be any unbiased opinions apart form this is great or this is Bad,

I think everybody wants the game they enjoy to be the most popular, i also want to invest in a game with a large community and obviously the game has to be fun, so far i get that the game is fun for sure, which is great.

a few questions

1. I just need to work out how much fun i can get out of £50 and for how long, is there really that much content that will keep me wanting more without having to wait a long time for an Xpac, as with a Sub game the developer will likely be bring me regular updates / new content, if i'm going to invest time i would like to know that i will be for a long haul.

2. Is the PVP sluggish or is it quite fast passed? the movement and abilities seemed a little slow on You Tube.

3. People mention overflow servers, will i be able to log on and play with my friends or does it kind of depend on how many people are logged on?

4. Is their a ladder type Arena/PvP system? i really liked Blizzards Arena System.

5. are there any reward systems for competitive folks.

Thanks
    1- Getting to 80 is a pretty long journey, specially if you see completition of all the maps (poitns of interest, vistas, etc). It would depend on how long you want to squish those 50 bucks.

2- I'm not much a PVP lover but it didnt seem sklow to me, but you would do well getting other points of view.

3- Overflow system had HUGE flaws the first couple of days, but day after day they are fixing it. There are still some problems with grouping, some maps since they have several layers make your team mates dissapear from the mini map even if they are not that far away and you are all in the same overflow. They need to fix the system a little more, but i'm confident they will.

4- Again, not very fond of PVP so i wouldnt know exactly.

5- Rewards for competitive players are there, but they are cosmetic, top of the line players wont have a huge difference in power from very casuals, actually they would have less power difference than someone raiding normal to someone doing LFR in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darksider8x View Post
    I'll post it again, apart from the already great things in the game itself, is it just me or this game is just too damn beautiful O.o
    It is gorgeous. Glad they included vista points so you can get beauty clips.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.