Deleted

New GPU - only WoW Client produces Artifacts (blue lines)

As titel says:

I just bought a new GTX 670 and I got a very annoying problem. The WoW Client produces graphic artifacts in the shape of blue horizontal lines flickering in my display. After quitting WoW or Alt-tabbing out of WoW I got different kinds of artifacts as well.

I do know a thing or two about PCs so I would usually suggest firstly an overheating GPU and secondly VRAM issues. However I can run other games as well as Furmark and 3D Mark Vantage for hours and hours without ever seeing a single artifact. In addition - according to GPU-Z - no sensor in my system ever exceeds 41 degrees Celcius (107 Farenheit). My videocard is covered by a fullcover watercooler, so no VRAM cooling issues either (see below).

The rest of the system:
    Intel Core i5 3450
    Asrock Z77 PRO4-M
    8 GB 1600 RipjawsX
    Raid 0 with 2 OCZ Vertex 30GB
    Hitachi 500 GB
    Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 530W
    Has anyone else ever experienced something like that?

HELP!

Last edited by mmocb6cbea4a79; 2012-08-27 at 05:45 AM.

Do they show up in a screenshot? Have you tried another monitor cable? Tried other driver versions? Are they poorly defined / wavy in groups in a few areas?

It is really hard to diagnose something without seeing it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Do they show up in a screenshot? Have you tried another monitor cable? Tried other driver versions? Are they poorly defined / wavy in groups in a few areas?

It is really hard to diagnose something without seeing it!
    Hi Chaud,

thanks for your reply. It's been really some time since I had to diagnose GPU issues. I should have thought of those things.
    To be honest I haven't done anything from your list. I'll do all of those after work today and get back here with my findings.
    Last edited by mmocb6cbea4a79; 2012-08-27 at 09:00 AM.