Ranger vs Warrior question

Hello. I am about to decide my 5th character slot and if I am gonna buy a 6th slot. Necromancer and engineer are not in my plans at all. So it left me with 6 slots I need. I have a main warrior 16 level right now. I have him Greatsword but the other weapon is Bow or Rifle depending if I want more AOE/Group play or single target damage. On topic now

What ranger have that makes him feel like a ranger compared to warrior except the pet? I was always fun of an alone ranger than a ranger with pets...So what is the difference?What ranger have that makes you feel like you are a hunter, one with the nature that warriors with Bow don't have it? I saw rangers have traps but warrior have fear for the same reason I suppose. I also saw in gw2codex that one the popular builds is a ranger with Greatsword and the other set of weapons was 2 axes...

So someone that have played both warrior and Ranger, what suggest me? I am not so much interesting in mechanics or if someone do more damage but more on the play style, something that makes you feel you are a Ranger instead of warrior (except pets , in many games I play rangers with no pets and I love them..Lotro, Aion, Rift and they feel like rangers and they are very different from the warrior classes)

PS. My post does not try to show any weakness in the game, I love the game. I really asking this with a good will..
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-27 at 10:09 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference I've seen (I haven't played the professions myself, but I've watch my friend and my brother playing them) is that the Ranger feels more fluid and elegant, and the Warrior is a lot more in-your-face.
    The Ranger puts himself in a position where he has an advantage (mobility, gap-closers and gap creators, flanking...).
    The Warrior forces the enemy into a position of disadvantage (kicks, stuns, pushes...).

Apart from that, the aesthetics are pretty different.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

If you're looking at theme, other differences would be medium vs. heavy armor and utility skills with an outdoors flair vs. utility skills with a tactical/personal strength flair.

Deleted
    Ranger is more versatile imho.

Shortbow for mobility, kiting and backstab-dmg (lots of dmg), long-bow for keep-fights. For PvE it does not really matter.

Greatsword for pewpew execute phase, you do the same amount of dmg as every warrior does... you can easily finish off melees trying to annoy you

In PvP ranger is a lot fun, since you are able to adapt to almost every situation. Warriors seem a bit handicapped... great in open field small scaled battler, but cannon-fodder during sieges.

Thanks all for the feedback!

mobility, gap-closers and gap creators, flanking...
    these are enough to make a different playstyle! and medium armor as a different theme also yes...so I guess I am gonna get that extra slot
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Rangers can choose a passive that increases their range with the bow, resulting in them having the longest range dps in the whole game. It's useful in WvW.

Don't expect much from the ranger pet, however. It's like a plastic knife, not very threatening.

ranger is pretty face roll, i got a polar bear(He tanks REALLY good) and a short bow, i dunno if it matters much or at all, but i craft + condition bows, just auto fire and hit #2 skill and you will do alto of FAST DOT damage, pull out longbow for champions, for the burst and knock back. the short bow and longbow work really well together.