Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you hit level ~35-40 you start running into larger events that span a larger portion of the zone, these events are often tied into one another into long "event chains". So yes it gets better

If you find combat boring I suggest changing to a more active profession. Thief is probably the profession that has the most active combat, because it has no cooldowns on abilities and it has a big emphasis on dodging and positioning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    There is no mele, or ranged distinction in this game. You do what situation requires you to. Leave that WoW mindset behind and maybe you'll actually be able to enjoy it
    Let's put it this way. I have 2.5 ranged weapons, one of which I don't enjoy because it's awful and boring and the other one has about as much impact on a fight as the sapling standing next to it. That means that, against higher level mobs, I effectively have 5 weapon skills, maybe 7 if you consider that I can have a nice offhand with my melee weapon but that's it. I've done 100% completion of everything I've explored on my map, I use all of the gems I find and rarely do I find items that are significantly better than what I wear. So yes, there is a melee and ranged distinction. If you want to play melee against anything that has any degree of difficulty you're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    Try an aoe pull, even just 3 mobs your level and then tell me you can just stand there and nuke with auto attack without dodging I
    Spawn 'zerker, throw a sword at them, shoot lasers at them for a bit, knock them all back, shoot lasers, blow illusions up, switch to melee, use OP cleave ability once, dead. I can usually do this stuff without moving from the spot.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-08-28 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihline View Post
    [*]My probably biggest problem with the game, is the combat, at least at my current level (PvE), it's just really slow with not much to do at all. I'm using Sword + Shield at the moment, with this I have my autoattack, 1 ability with 8 seconds cooldown, 1 with 15 and I think 1 with 30 that I regularly use in combat, as well as a bunch of other abilities with 30-90 seconds cooldown. Overall, this leads to me using 1 ability to engage (my teleport), then use the other two almost instantly, then just hang around autoattacking until the enemy dies.
    The thief is so much better - no cooldowns just points that deplete - but there is a skill to recharge them. I find by the time I've finished I'm either dead or you are (PvP).

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Combat is a bit of a bore. Even when swapping weapon sets, which I find unnecessary in PvE during combat, its mostly auto attack and ability two spam. Its a bit flashy though. Find a weapon set you like and just put up with it is what I am doing. About the only time I swap weapon sets is based on if I am mostly solo in my area or not.

As for the active combat... I found having someone else stay the target of its ire is best for me. When it comes to big mobs my melee's just suffer whatever happens as its hard to see any effects on ground until late
    Im not sure what games you enjoy, if any, but if your blah blah'n your way through combat and simply out right refuse to play they way combat was designed (as in weapon swaps) because you simply cant be arsed ... why are you playing again? I mean really a game is designed to play the way its designed to play. If you dont like how its designed to play thats perfectly legitimate but why do it at all if your not enjoying it lol.