Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainomo View Post
    I should go for a round of LFR to check the fps during raids - but SW fps have double going from a X6 4ghz + 570 GTX to i5 5.2ghz + 7850. Atleast that was worth it
    Honestly sounds like you may have a bag of crappy addons blowing up, as Ive said many times before AMD cpu's are not the best but they arent that aweful as people come in and claim. I am one person who can testify from experience w/ both C2 quad and duals as well as the phenom II x4. Quite honestly @ max settings only the dual core c2's ever gave me less than 40 fps in a town or 10m raid.

Deleted
    Both were with the same amount of addons - exactly the same wow install.

Omen + Recount + Bartender + Xperl for unit frames

sandy bridge is a lot faster clock/clock + 4 => 5.2ghz is 30% more mhz.

Haven't really noticed a difference in other games though - but in those i'm mainly gpu bound anyway (the 7850 at 1ghz performance about the same as my overclocked 570 did).

Both were with the same amount of addons - exactly the same wow install.

Omen + Recount + Bartender + Xperl for unit frames

sandy bridge is a lot faster clock/clock + 4 => 5.2ghz is 30% more mhz.

Haven't really noticed a difference in other games though - but in those i'm mainly gpu bound anyway (the 7850 at 1ghz performance about the same as my overclocked 570 did).
    Xperl- is one of the worst offenders of ALL time. Keep in mind if your sub 40 in a town on any remotely new CPU and then you upgrade to a better cpu but still feel like its not right, as your encountering then Id assume addons are inhibiting you. I'd also check Directx is set to 11. The 5.2Ghz is a sexy oc however completely and irrelevantly unnecessary, id stick w/ 4.5Ghz at a reasonable Vcore 1.4+ is just scary. Recount if your like me can be horrid, ill forget to reset it for WEEKS at a time. Bartender is usually pretty clean, Omen is completely useless with tanks doing 500% + threat, I cant even get a warrior w/ full bis to pull tricksing him @ the start.

Deleted
    What does xperl do to lower the fps? it's just unit/raidframes?

I do use omen - we have some triggerhappy dps + it's easier to see which tank is actually tanking (with taunts or omg-situations )

i don't really need recount but it's nice to have - if it really makes a difference i might consider losing it!

(and i'm sticking with the 5.2ghz - watercooled hitting little below 80°c during linx, gaming is <60°c - that's at 25°c roomtemperature )
    Last edited by mmoc8f7a16358a; 2012-08-27 at 03:01 PM.

What does xperl do to lower the fps? it's just unit/raidframes?

I do use omen - we have some triggerhappy dps + it's easier to see which tank is actually tanking (with taunts or omg-situations )

i don't really need recount but it's nice to have - if it really makes a difference i might consider losing it!

(and i'm sticking with the 5.2ghz - watercooled hitting little below 80°c during linx, gaming is <60°c - that's at 25°c roomtemperature )
    I didnt code xperl nor have I looked into it at all, it is however very clunky and I dont know too many people who ever get good results from it.

Omen is a terrible concept for seeing who is tanking, Target of Target being shown is a whole lot better of an option.

Recount is a must imo for raid leaders, and dps who dont tunnel.

I dont even get near 80c during prime on AIR man, 67c was my top out. Your 1.4Vcore is just tooo too much, 4.5Ghz 1.296 Vcore. Your cpu tho do as you wish just saying what I feel about it, I know the .2 is completely negligible peformance enhancement, where as sure the .5 ontop of mine may be. I personally would still back the clocks down to something that isnt hitting anywhere near 80c on a prime or burntest.

Deleted
    It also does 5ghz - 1.336 - 65°c linx - hitting 50°c gaming- i decided to keep the 200mhz and 12-13°c extra! I have run a 45nm chip at 1.55v for over a year - i'm not afraid to run 1.4+ on my 32nm

Target of Target is better - i know - but omen indicates the additional threat from misdirect etc - aswell when a tank drops due to dead or something liket that - i've learned to play with it and doubt i will change

It also does 5ghz - 1.336 - 65°c linx - hitting 50°c gaming- i decided to keep the 200mhz and 12-13°c extra! I have run a 45nm chip at 1.55v for over a year - i'm not afraid to run 1.4+ on my 32nm

Target of Target is better - i know - but omen indicates the additional threat from misdirect etc - aswell when a tank drops due to dead or something liket that - i've learned to play with it and doubt i will change
    Your a raider! Adapt Change conform!!!!! Its what we do! Never be afraid to change my friend! Also 12-13c is not worth the .2 imo, if its cuz you like having the higher clock im cool w/ that but practicality dictates just dumping it down.

Deleted
    Target of target still doesn't show the threat you get from a misdirect ^^

Maybe it'm too attached to omen - i have raided this whole expansion together with a pala who always had a better weapon or threatstats - i had to fight for it sometimes .

Target of target still doesn't show the threat you get from a misdirect ^^

Maybe it'm too attached to omen - i have raided this whole expansion together with a pala who always had a better weapon or threatstats - i had to fight for it sometimes .
    See thats more to do w/ vengeance atm, you cant possibly even w/ a good MD hold threat off another tank if say you taunt and get a great set of dodges/parries/blocks etc your melee will be goony compared to the what 30k ap sitting on the other tank etc, and paladins shield hits like a boss especially on fights w/ dmg buffs. In any event id check it out w/o some addons and see what happens just to be sure.

Xperl is the devil tho. Installed newest one few mins ago 10 lua errors in 10 seconds no ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    I didnt code xperl nor have I looked into it at all, it is however very clunky and I dont know too many people who ever get good results from it.

Omen is a terrible concept for seeing who is tanking, Target of Target being shown is a whole lot better of an option.

Recount is a must imo for raid leaders, and dps who dont tunnel.
    I swapped from xperl to grid a long time ago, not too hard to setup if you are just using it to monitor the raid's condition.

I used to use Recount but after 1 too many patch days of it completely choking up WoW I swapped over to Skada. It works just about the same but at least in my opinion it is a little easier to navigate (and doesn't tank my FPS on patch days).

For Omen I lowered the number of people it tracks to 10 (could probably lower it to 5 easily) and set the update frequency to 1 sec. With tank threat the way it is these days you shouldn't need anything more frequent than that.

Deleted
    So yesterday i did a quick LFR - Ultraxion 25man - all settings ultra (everything - AA etc).

Kept an eye on the gpu-monitor + cpu monitor.

35-40fps, cpu at max - gpu at 65%

sad panda

One day...

Deleted
    I currently do not run CF - and other games i do play full screen

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So yesterday i did a quick LFR - Ultraxion 25man - all settings ultra (everything - AA etc).

Kept an eye on the gpu-monitor + cpu monitor.

35-40fps, cpu at max - gpu at 65%

sad panda

One day...
    this is perfectly normal on Ultraxion 25man with all on ultra......... no one and i repeat NO ONE get`s over 50 fps max on Ultraxion 25man on ultra with todays hardware

some people might say that they get 60+ fps on that fight on 25 man, but that is just BS
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: