Abite Overwhelmed with 5.0.4

I'm sort of overwhelmed in what our new rotation is in 5.0.4, I know all the haste platues ect , but I'm sort of dumbfounded on what our new spell priority rating is and what our 'rotation is'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming shadow. I think it's more or less the same, other than DP on orbs. You'll need more keybinds though. We have 1 more AoE at 90, 1 more pet on Wednesday, 1 long CD interrupt who used to be in the PVP spec mainly.
    I pretty much hate it.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2012-08-27 at 02:43 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Not sure whether its best to get the DoTs rolling first or just hit MB to hit DP sooner.

It is either VT, SW: P, MB, MF,
    or MB, VT, SW:P, MF

at least to open up the rotation.
    after that your base priorities are 3 orb DP > MB > VT > SW:P > MF

The shadow rotation will actually be easier, since it's no longer necessary to cast Mind Blast after random orb procs to make sure Empowered Shadow is up when refreshing DoTs. Instead, it's basically going to be keep VT + SW:P up, keep Mind Blast on cooldown, cast DP on three orbs, and fill with Mind Flay. Players who spec in to Divine Insight and From Darkness, Comes Light will have a few procs to monitor, but neither of those talents is mandatory. And even if you spec in to both, monitoring a few new procs will probably still be no more difficult than managing Empowered Shadow is currently.

As for the basic spell priority, according to the shadow priest DPS guide on this forum it's going to be MB>SW:P>VT>MB. And the advanced priority will be DP 3, SW (in range), MB, SW:P, VT, Mindbender, level 90 talent, MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    Not sure whether its best to get the DoTs rolling first or just hit MB to hit DP sooner.

It is either VT, SW: P, MB, MF,
    or MB, VT, SW:P, MF

at least to open up the rotation.
    after that your base priorities are 3 orb DP > MB > VT > SW:P > MF
    From what I have read/messed with it seems that you want to cast MB right away to get your first 3 orb DP out as possibly, then toss up VT and sw:p for the opening. That would be optimal for dps, it may not be optimal depending on the group you play with to open with MB as it could lead to some aggro issues.

I haven't really been playing on Beta (got to 88 then stopped), therefore am also a bit overwhelmed. All I know is I mentally swapped MB and DP in my mind. So with these posts, my understanding is only use DP with 3 orbs, no less? Also, do we have any instant damage on the move (used to be able to run and spam DP while moving, is there an equivalent?)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I haven't really been playing on Beta (got to 88 then stopped), therefore am also a bit overwhelmed. All I know is I mentally swapped MB and DP in my mind. So with these posts, my understanding is only use DP with 3 orbs, no less? Also, do we have any instant damage on the move (used to be able to run and spam DP while moving, is there an equivalent?)

Thanks!
    SW Pain has some initial front end damage on application, and SW Death, if you are glyphed for it, can be cast above 25% to use on the move.

If you are taking FDCL you can save two procs of MS and glyph for the instant MB from Mind Melt. That would be ideal when you know mechanics on encounters and can plan your movements. MS-MS-MB while running....yes please.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-08-27 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    SW Pain has some initial front end damage on application, and SW Death, if you are glyphed for it, can be cast above 25% to use on the move.

If you are taking FDCL you can save two procs of MS and glyph for the instant MB from Mind Melt. That would be ideal when you know mechanics on encounters and can plan your movements. MS-MS-MB while running....yes please.
    He's saying, we have no more instant damage while moving. Procs aren't consistent enough to matter.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I will add that "MS-MS-MB while running...yes please" isn't going to happen very often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    From what I have read/messed with it seems that you want to cast MB right away to get your first 3 orb DP out as possibly, then toss up VT and sw:p for the opening. That would be optimal for dps, it may not be optimal depending on the group you play with to open with MB as it could lead to some aggro issues.
    Probably not with how much it hits after the nerfs. I think it probably hits harder on live.