Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What the Fuck!!!

Im fucking pissed what the fuck is this i got the DVD's to download the game from the discs not download the whole game using my crappy net!!!

LOOK!
    i47.tinypic.com/20zchfn.jpg

Hmm.. So y there is a DVD then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Like Repefe said, the DVDs are typically made a month or so in advance - meaning that after the last BWE, as well as the numerous stress tests, there was a lot of files changed or added, so there's a lot of content that needs to be with the game, yet isn't present on the disc.
    I love quoting myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    Hmm.. So y there is a DVD then?
    I really dont know its a pisstake why do i pay extra for a dvd that doesnt download from the dvd???????????????????????????????????

Deleted
    Does it not install a proportion from DVD then patch the rest ? Ofcourse there is going to be downloads required, the game has updates nearly everyday for the past few weeks, as recent as this morning.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2012-08-28 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snatat View Post
    I really dont know its a pisstake why do i pay extra for a dvd that doesnt download from the dvd???????????????????????????????????
    Jigain answered u, do u really think is possible in 2012 to release a dvd with the same last build online?

It's a punishment for people who are... ummm... not very smart to actually waste their shelf space with DVDs in the year 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's funny is that you replied earlier today in a thread which was discussing the same thing (installing from DVD + possible download) and now still you act surprised?

It's an MMO, dang - even single player games will often download patches right after release nowadays if you have access to the internet... Would you rather play a broken game?

Quote Originally Posted by snatat View Post
    No offence, but you should join the real world with the rest of us. Unless you JUST started online gaming, you should know that patches happen, and you will need to download them when they are ready.

Think of it as an encyclopedia of a sort....If you buy one in 2010, do you expect it to contain content from 2012 too ? And if you do, well...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    It's a punishment for people who are... ummm... not very smart to actually waste their shelf space with DVDs in the year 2012.
    Seeing as his internet is rocking the download at 45KB/sec, I'm guessing that is why he went DVD lol

Deleted
    +10 points in charisma for you, sir.

And i love the subtle way the OP is trying to manifets his/her disappointment about the matter.
    So auld school.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm stupid because I like to get a box along with the game I'm buying rather than get a digital copy? There's exacly 0 logic in that statement. Also what does year 2012 has anything to do with it? DVD discs are still the primary medium of storing media (movies, games etc) probably going to change to blu-ray in the next few years.

If you don't have something constructive to say, just don't say anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there is a physical DVD for the standard version?

Seeing as his internet is rocking the download at 45KB/sec, I'm guessing that is why he went DVD lol
    If thats the case then how does he expect to play a MMO w/ 56k internet service? 45kb/sec isn't enough to play an online game and damn sure not an MMO unless it is a browser based MMO like Family Guy Online

Just on a side note: Guld Wars 2 is played online and online only. There will always be bigger and smaller updates. It's not like that you have to download the complete game, is it?

So really.. What did you expect? WoW is exactly like this. If you install from DVD, you will still have to download various updates. And they keep coming. A DVD cannot anticipate updates from the future -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    So there is a physical DVD for the standard version?
    For Vanilla WoW ? Sure there is. I got one

Slightly OT: I still like physical media for most things like games and movies. I think it all goes back to collecting DVD´s back in the late 90´s and Laserdiscs even further back. Sure, they take up room, but I quite like looking at my collection og things

For music though, I just stream (got a free streaming service through my ISP) that if I ever want to listen to anything, but im not really into music so I dont follow what goes on in the music industry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    So I'm stupid because I like to get a box along with the game I'm buying rather than get a digital copy? There's exacly 0 logic in that statement. Also what does year 2012 has anything to do with it? DVD discs are still the primary medium of storing media (movies, games etc) probably going to change to blu-ray in the next few years.

If you don't have something constructive to say, just don't say anything.

Well, actually dont think Blue-ray will be the next big storage... rather "the Cloud" i guess... if google is starting already with 1000Mb/s connections in america it wont be long till those technology reaches the rest of the world... then you need no "discs" for anything... and thats just one medium thats way better than a "spinning disc"

and aside from that, yeah, its a mmorpg and nothing less
    Last edited by mmoc0d08825bec; 2012-08-28 at 01:17 PM.

I love my 10+ Mb/s dl speeds as much as the next guy but downloading games is still not viable to many people. OP is obviously one of them and being able to install stuff from DVD is still very important to them, even though it might not be to you.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2012-08-28 at 01:29 PM.

I agree this is a piss poorly made decision by ArenaNet, considering how some of us have monthly limits on our downloads, and 20GB is no joke when other people in the house use the Internet heavily. What was so hard about loading 3 DVDs with the game data and receiving patches for the rest later?

Also for the people calling us stupid for wanting physical boxes, I think you're just as stupid for not wanting a physical box of a game you love, to keep on your shelf with your other games.

Last edited by ThisWillNotStand; 2012-08-28 at 01:37 PM.

How big was the download? you do understand online games like this get patched? If the download was the whole game, sure your right to be pissed but i assume that not the case.