Page 1 of 2
LastLast

OP Cooking Recipes

So there are a few easy cooking recipes you can make and they give a ton of XP. Here's a list of a few and please feel free to post any other easy ones to help others level.

Skill Required 1: Ball of Dough

Jug of Water
    Bag of Flour
    Stick of Butter

Skill Required 50: Ball of Cookie Dough

Butter
    Flour
    Egg
    Sugar

Skill Required 75: Bowl of Roux

Flour
    Sugar

Skill Required 100: Pile of Paprika

Chili Pepper
    Bell Pepper

Skill Required 125: Bowl of Chocolate Frosting

Bowl of White Frosting
    Chocolate Bar

Skill Required 150: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookie Dough
    Chocolate Bars
    Last edited by Kaiser499; 2012-08-28 at 02:47 PM.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Question: Can anyone learn cooking, just like in WoW? Or do I have to sacrifice one of my 2 tradeskill allowances to get it?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Question: Can anyone learn cooking, just like in WoW? Or do I have to sacrifice one of my 2 tradeskill allowances to get it?
    Every player can learn every discipline, but only 2 can be active at a time. If you switch one out and then switch back to it, you'll still have the same experience/level/patterns you had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So the answer is no, then. Thanks.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    So there are a few easy cooking recipes you can make and they give a ton of XP. Here's a list of a few and please feel free to post any other easy ones to help others level.

Skill Required 100: Pile of Paprika

Chili Pepper
    Bell Pepper
    Is there a quick way to get peppers somewhere? I don't think they have chili peppers in the karma store.

You can get Chili Peppers from a guy in Plains of Ashford after you kill the harpies near the wall. I forget his name at the moment.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

It's not like cooking is suppose to be hard, it's more like suppose to be expensive and you have to experiment to find the really good food buffs.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-27 at 09:55 PM.

Does the level 100 recipe pass you through the 165 wall? I am stuck. Everything is grey besides the 2 dyes I have (which are like godly costly).

Deleted
    How much XP does 1time crafting gives you?

Deleted
    Anyone knows where to get lemons or cherries, its the only things i need for my recipies atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Synvilla View Post
    Anyone knows where to get lemons or cherries, its the only things i need for my recipies atm.
    Lemons are sold from a karma vendor in the sylvari starting zone. Sorry can't remember which.

How much XP does 1time crafting gives you?
    Leveling each crafting proffesion gives 10 levels each. So with 8 crafting proffesions you can level all the way to 80 (which someone already has done.)
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-28 at 12:17 AM.

Deleted
    Alright, got 5 levels in 15 minutes from this, its fucking awesome

Deleted
    does anyone know where i can find peaches? thanks in advance

Deleted
    Where does one simply get eggs ?

Nvm found it but Pile of Paprika only got me to 138 before it went green... do i keep on making them or what ?
    Last edited by mmocf470da16f3; 2012-08-28 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to level to say, 150+ cooking from just vendor bought ingredients with coin and karma?

If 400 cooking is 10 levels then 200 is 5 level and 150 about 4?

good way to ruin the game. A game where leveling is most of it. At lvl 80 there is hardly anything to do for a pve player and level doesnt matter for a pvp player. So yeah. go ruin the whole gw2 experience by powerlevel with cooking and other proffessions.

This aint wow. Where the real game start at end level. The real game started at lvl 1 and you are scooping chunks away from it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    good way to ruin the game. A game where leveling is most of it. At lvl 80 there is hardly anything to do for a pve player and level doesnt matter for a pvp player. So yeah. go ruin the whole gw2 experience by powerlevel with cooking and other proffessions.

This aint wow. Where the real game start at end level. The real game started at lvl 1 and you are scooping chunks away from it
    Nah bro, you got to go with the flow. If these guys want to power level their cooking crafting profession then by all means, let them. The whole point of this game is to have fun.

Mo Munny Mo Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

Nothing to do at 80? This isn't other MMOs, the entire world is available at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Where does one simply get eggs ?

Nvm found it but Pile of Paprika only got me to 138 before it went green... do i keep on making them or what ?

Skill Required 125: Bowl of Chocolate Frosting

Bowl of White Frosting
    Chocolate Bar

Now I'm currently stuck at 190 looking for the next OP Recipe.
    Last edited by Kaiser499; 2012-08-28 at 02:49 PM.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

I found that leveling cooking is incredibly fast, and relatively cheap, if you just spend your time discovering recipes. The only time i make the same thing more then once is when i need it as an ingredient in another recipe.

Discovering a new recipe awards you a ton of experience and bonus experience, discovering something level appropriate to your current skill can net you anywhere from 1-3 skill ups in one go.
    And there are a ton of recipes to discover, so a ton of experience to be gained. This also applies to some extend to all other disciplines, but they generally dont have as many recipes.

As for finding recipes, http://www.gw2db.com has a whole list of recipes. Not all are accurate and some are changed or not level appropriate (for example it says 25 but its 150) or unknown. It gives you a damn good idea of what stuff combines.