Advice to find last discovery?

I'm a completionist junkie for my professions and I've never been able to proc a discovery of Flask of Pure Death from BC.

I'm considering just powering through with several hundred / thousand crafts until I get it and want to confirm a strategy as sound.

It seems the cheapest recipe to craft en masse would be Draught of War.

This costs 1 x Cinderbloom and 1 x Crystal Vial. Total cost = about 2-2.5g per craft. They vendor for 60s. So net cost of about 1.5-2g per craft.

That means I could buy 1k chances to proc for about 1500-2000g. That's not shabby in my opinion.

However, Draught of War is a bit of an unusual potion. Can anyone confirm actually making a discovery off of a Draught of War? I'd hate to flush 2k gold and an hour of crafting chasing a false lead.

If anyone has a superior way to find this last discovery I'd love to know.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Healer; 2012-08-28 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healer View Post
    I'm a completionist junkie for my professions and I've never been able to proc a discovery of Flask of Pure Death from BC.

I'm considering just powering through with several hundred / thousand crafts until I get it and want to confirm a strategy as sound.

It seems the cheapest recipe to craft en masse would be Draught of War.

This costs 1 x Cinderbloom and 1 x Crystal Vial. Total cost = about 2-2.5g per craft. They vendor for 60s. So net cost of about 1.5-2g per craft.

That means I could buy 1k chances to proc for about 1500-2000g. That's not shabby in my opinion.

However, Draught of War is a bit of an unusual potion. Can anyone confirm actually making a discovery off of a Draught of War? I'd hate to flush 2k gold and an hour of crafting chasing a false lead.

If anyone has a superior way to find this last discovery I'd love to know.

Thank you.
    I may be wrong but I think the only time you can discover a transmute is by transmuting. I can't remember ever seeing a transmute discovery while crafting potions.

Gah, that's me not paying attention to my own titles. Indeed, I am looking for a flask discovery, not a transmute discovery.