Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glyph of Shadowbolt.. ;[

I haven't been keeping up with all the changes, but..

Are the effects for the Glyph of Shadowbolt still nerfed to a mere shadow of their former glory?

I hope not, I loved the old graphic for it. :[

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    could you be more specific? what are we talking about here?

It's sort of hard to explain but..

Glyph of Shadowbolt splits your shadow bolts into three bolts instead of just one, and it used to have a kick-ass animation and visuals.

A few builds ago, however -- this was changed to a somewhat pathetic, measly small and not at all imposing or kick-ass three bolts that could barely be seen.

I was just wondering whether it was changed back to its first visual or whether Blizzard just nerfed a small but cool feature and the second form of glyph of shadowbolt was kept.

I'm totally agree, the new animation looks weak and pathetic compared to the old one. Maybe there's a command to change it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I was just wondering whether it was changed back to its first visual or whether Blizzard just nerfed a small but cool feature and the second form of glyph of shadowbolt was kept.
    As far as I know, the second graphic is still in place. The change was most likely intentional and won't be reverted.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2012-08-27 at 09:01 PM.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    As far as I know, the second graphic is still in place. The change was most likely intentional and won't be reverted.
    Thanks.

But ugh, I hate that. It looks weak right now. I really wonder why they nerfed something like that..

Is there a video (or two) comparing the two?

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    could you be more specific? what are we talking about here?
    The initial glyph of shadowbolt showed 3 beautiful shadow bolts twisting to their target. Now, they look like black lines. I really wonder what Blizz thinks sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably too visually intrusive for the rest of the raid. They couldn't handle the awesomeness of our streaking sbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    The initial glyph of shadowbolt showed 3 beautiful shadow bolts twisting to their target. Now, they look like black lines. I really wonder what Blizz thinks sometimes.
    Ah yes, I remember the old version then, but I don't think I've seen the new one yet...(#looksupnewone)

I will burn your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new version is using the original Shadow Bolt visual spell effect, which is awesome imo. I prefer the look of old shadowbolt to new one. The problem is they made these three bolts very small.

More specifically

Last edited by Kanariya; 2012-08-28 at 04:17 AM.

I support the return of the old shadow bolt glyph animation

Got changed quite a while ago, havent saw any blue post about it but i guess it was something regarding performance.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Got changed quite a while ago, havent saw any blue post about it but i guess it was something regarding performance.
    performance issue indeed.

I literally do not notice the Glyph effect. It's so small. It feels like with the Glyph, the Shadowbolts are smaller and less noticeable than if you didn't Glyph it. So lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I literally do not notice the Glyph effect. It's so small. It feels like with the Glyph, the Shadowbolts are smaller and less noticeable than if you didn't Glyph it. So lame.
    Exactly I hardly notice them at all when I'm just dps like normal compared to a normal(unglyphed) shadowbolt or soulfire. Ireally have to look to see the animation. I want my shadowbolts to go back to being big and bad ass.

I wouldn't mind if they just increased them to a noticeable size, I understand if performance or raid awareness was an issue with the larger SB's, but anything would be better than these little pencil strips. Like come awn.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can see why they changed it. Old (new) animation was awesome, TOO awesome. Everyone would have rerolled warlock.

It almost looks like the first animation, just shrunk down from normal size to gnome size... I want the original back either way!