Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    After seeing MoP changes for Spriests I definitely wont be going back to WoW. Think I might give Necro a try and just pump up my condition traits. Played a necro in EQ for 7 years and yea I know they arent the same but I seem to like DoT classes. Also in the early EQ days necro had a lot of utility as well but then it just became a straight up DPS class.

Might try necro out didnt like mezmer.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-28 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    The Necromancer can with Sceptre and Dagger stack up quite a lot of conditions for a huge amount of damage, particularly AoE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQ...CvPqAxA;TEAjFA

You can pull with the sceptre (1) and then drop Grasping Dead (2) and Enfeebling Blood (5), then Corrosive poison cloud (7) & Blood is power (8), followed quickly by Deathly Swarm, as 7 & 8 put conditions on yourself. Now your target has many conditions on it. Epidemic spreads them to all nearby mobs.

If you are lucky/quick, you can get epidemic off before the first mob dies. Then you just DS and hit Life Transfer and lol as everything around you dies.

Taking curse and spite traits is best for this.

Using that build I see TWO option once I did the rotation and end up with conditions on MYSELF:

1) Use 4: Deathly Swarm as the tooltip says it transfers 3 conditions on a successful attack.

OR

2) Use 6: Consume Condition (Healing): Which has a super short 15sec CD and removes all conditions and heals for each one removed.

Right?

I'd say Necromancer. I would even say Condition specced Necro is close to OP, with Epidemic skill (spreads conditions from one foe to all foes in the area). Seriously it's mad for both PvE and PvP. I just barge in on a group of mobs, put a fuckton of conditions on one mob then just spread with epidemic and suddenly there's a million numbers on my screen and all I have to do is wait for them all to die :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Using that build I see TWO option once I did the rotation and end up with conditions on MYSELF:

1) Use 4: Deathly Swarm as the tooltip says it transfers 3 conditions on a successful attack.

OR

2) Use 6: Consume Condition (Healing): Which has a super short 15sec CD and removes all conditions and heals for each one removed.

Right?
    You can also use Plague Signet to transfer ALL conditions to your foe and just lol at him
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-08-29 at 06:18 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    necro with mass pets and right traits etc is good dotter/buffer D: go for eet

Deleted
    necro is amazing, not just at straight up bleeds but mainly at converting conditions to boons, shifting conditions around, etc

the master of the condition/boon system is the necro

second is mesmer, but the mesmer does it in a more random, chaotic fashion

Id actually say Engineer. Dual-pistols alone can apply every single condition damage-effect, on demand. Bleed on 1, Poison on 2, Confusion on 3 (hits multiple targets), Burning on 4 (also hits multiple) and for the sake of it, aoe Cripple on 5.

Throw in Rocket boots (for stunbreaker/cripplebreaker/rootbreaker/gtfo) and you also get a Rocket Kick which applies even more burning. With Flamethrower you also get moar burning on demand and a nifty knockback on the actual kit. With still a utility slot left.

So in a short while you've got every damaging condition stacked on your target, mostly from range (just Rocket Kick requires you to get close) And again, its all on demand, no random procs or that nonsense. Because if we take those in, then you also proc more bleeds and burning on crit from traits.

I would say for pure number of conditions, it's a staff mesmer. But as was mentioned here by others, you have no real control over it. For the best control and number of conditions I'd say a Necro is it. Engineer is pretty close as well.

Deleted
    Necro by far, as he can turn all enemy boons into more conditions. Making necro pretty much only limited by how mana buffs a class can use under a certain amount of time, quite fun in pvp + his normal conditions which is probably around the same amount as a mesmer.
    Last edited by mmoc44505a06a9; 2012-08-29 at 08:11 AM.

So I guess there are two ways to define best.

One is the class that has the most amount of unique conditions? That would be the mesmer and probably engineer.

Now the other is which class uses conditions as a main part of their dps. IMO that is going to be necro, war and possibly elementalist. The reason I say that is because those classes have their auto-attack spells that stack conditions such as bleed/burn so they can stack them the quickest. Conditions can be removed by every class in PvP so I would consider classes that can stack conditions on demand w/o waiting for a cooldown would be the best conditions class.
    Last edited by Eggoman; 2012-08-29 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    One skill to link...

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Corruption

Oh, so you've got Protection, Vigor, Regeneration, Stability, Aegis, Might, Fury, Retaliation and Swiftness? Well, say hello to my little friend...

Elixir gun 4kit riffle engineer(throw poison grenades,flamethrower lines+incinerating ammo on Fumigate)

Deleted
    Engineer has some amazing potential. I'm currently refining the build I am using, focused on the Elixir gun, and am working on a guide/overview for it. The condition damage is excellent.

Except for that, I think the Necromancer is a very strong contester too. What a lot don't realize is that you don't need pets, you can focus completely on their damage over time abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    Engineer has some amazing potential. I'm currently refining the build I am using, focused on the Elixir gun, and am working on a guide/overview for it. The condition damage is excellent.
    After trying a dagger/dagger necro I left more like a melee class than a caster. Im really tempted to try engineer, but all the builds and different special weapons and kits kind of confuse me. Also is the healing turret enough to keep you alive while solo questing? Also to play one seems like you have to use all of your abilities and Im kind of looking for a laid back class. Not as faceroll as my ranger but I dont want something thats as hard as an elementalist either.

Oh well guess I can just make one go straight to 80 for sPvP and see how things go.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-31 at 03:43 PM.

I play a condition thief, only really has bleeds/poisons... but they hit like a truck