Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrenVerdis View Post
    If i might add remove the 10m+ timer and add a 10-20s timer point.

10 minutes are rarely needed imho and the extra 10-20 second area will do something against cluttering of short cds like glaive toss, explosive shot, dire beast and BA all coming off under 1 minute so they don't stack up that much.

Thanks for the great addon you are providing and excuse me. German schools don't teach English very well.
    Cren
    --------------------------------------
    0s---------------------1m--------5m+
    0s+ - 59.99s = 60% of the bar's width used for movement
    1m+ - 4.99s = 30% of bar's width for movement, then switch to above tier for remainder.
    5m+ = last 10% of bar's width for movement, then move one tier up for that remainder slot.

That make more sense?

So, a timer at 16s (serpent sting) would be moving along the left 60% of the bar only. (Unless reversed, then the right 60%)

Opinions?

PS. Your english is fine :-)

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 12:16 PM ----------

10 minutes are rarely needed imho and the extra 10-20 second area will do something against cluttering of short cds like glaive toss, explosive shot, dire beast and BA all coming off under 1 minute so they don't stack up that much.

On a sidenote/request:
    Is there the possibility that you implement a option if 2 cooldowns are so close they are "overlapping" that the one on top is always a spell with higher priority given by the player in the options? And that when the cooldown is ready they don't drop off the bar but instead stack up at 0 seconds remaining, stacked up in priority?
    This way you could help prioritizing shots like the old watcher addon did.
    I understand that this could be too much of a feature creep for you, but this request is only possible if you use a logarithmic pattern for cds.

Thanks for the great addon you are providing and excuse me. German schools don't teach English very well.
    Cren
    As for this, it would require another field for each timer to be configured. I have ideas already on how to handle the buff overlaps, but I need to finish current projects before I get back to this.

15+ Year Old Account

On a sidenote/request:
    Is there the possibility that you implement a option if 2 cooldowns are so close they are "overlapping" that the one on top is always a spell with higher priority given by the player in the options? And that when the cooldown is ready they don't drop off the bar but instead stack up at 0 seconds remaining, stacked up in priority?
    This way you could help prioritizing shots like the old watcher addon did.
    I understand that this could be too much of a feature creep for you, but this request is only possible if you use a logarithmic pattern for cds.

Cren
    Everything he said, very good points about not needing the 10m timer and having more on the lower end where the small cd's stack up.

I would also love to see the "stop and stack" at zero with user imputed priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    0s---------------------1m--------5m+
    0s+ - 59.99s = 60% of the bar's width used for movement
    1m+ - 4.99s = 30% of bar's width for movement, then switch to above tier for remainder.
    5m+ = last 10% of bar's width for movement, then move one tier up for that remainder slot.

That make more sense?

So, a timer at 16s (serpent sting) would be moving along the left 60% of the bar only. (Unless reversed, then the right 60%)

Opinions?
    If I understand what you wrote(I think I do) yes, that would be better than your previous example on the last page.

Makes more sense, as most of our cooldowns are under 1 minute and that should take up most of the timer.
    Last edited by Sativex; 2012-10-12 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

OK, so here's the way I have it complete now, breakpoints can be easily adjusted...

0s-----------30s--60s-1m-5m

0%/55%/20%/15%/10% = 100% bar width

So, Serpent still will utilize the area of 0s (0%) to 29.99s (54.999999%), and because it is under 30s, the actual time is divided to the movement from 0-55% rage of the bar.

A 30 timer would do the same thing as the serpent sting example, except it would move slower on the bar space because it's using all 30s worth of the bar space as opposed to serpent that uses 16s.

All sections - with the exception of 0 - 30s - move along the bar at the same rate and rate never changes for the slot; so a 3m timer would start in the middle of the 1m and 5m slot, as these timers are absolute.
    The 0-30s section will have shorter length timers moving faster, while utilizing the whole bar space for the time slot; so, a 15s timer on the 0s-30s slot will not start in the middle, but on the 30s spot.

Longer timers are governed by the slot of time.
    This means a 3m timer would do this:

From 180s of time left to 60s left (total of 120s of the start of the cooldown) would move along the bar between 1m and 5m section of the bar, starting in the middle of the time slot.
    When the time hits 60s left, it will move down to the next slot and move at a steady rate from 60s-30s (55% in from left to 75%) in from the left.
    When the time hits 30s, it will move the final 55% of the bar, at the max rate of movement for the 0s-30s slot.

A timer that is longer than 5m will just use the full size for that slice of overrage time.

There's the technical stuff. If you see anything I need to address, please say something.

---

As for the timers staying on the end of the bar posts above, I hear you, just not ready to implement it yet. I will, I just need time. My forums will be live soon too, so please sign up when I post the link here. I'm just ironing out a few things, still...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    OK, so here's the way I have it complete now, breakpoints can be easily adjusted...

0s-----------30s--60s-1m-5m

0%/55%/20%/15%/10% = 100% bar width
    Looks good. I like that you added a 30sec area also.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Looks good. I like that you added a 30sec area also.
    Was just editing my prior post. I changed it to that the slots are not always consistent. They will use the full area of the slot for the time. Seems better.

Alpha is up.

Also, I will be supporting JSHB and the other two addons on my personal site from now on. http://soren.com

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 02:43 PM ----------

For those of you asking about the ability to show MISSING buffs/etc. please start a thread on my forums at http://soren.com.

This is probably the last thing I will tackle before moving to work on version 4, which will have some *major* new additions. I will also be starting a thread (sometime today probably) about proposed changes to the options panels. If you want to add feedback, please do follow the forums on my site.

Thanks all, this is probably going to be one of the last times I post here, other than to point people to the support site.