Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krachaboras View Post
    Hello, in latest jshb buff times is kind a weird. This screenshot how they looks now
    To be more precise, new cd bar is transparent and when you use some cd buff icon becoming visigle, but still you see all that bar with transparent icons and active buffs didnt stack together.

Is it possible to do them like buff icons where in old jshb ? Buff icons only appears when you use some cd and thous icons was stacking.
    this screenshot is from my old ui with pre serenity jshb.
    Yes your issue is that it's not using proper default settings, not an error though. You can fix this by scrolling to the bottom of timerbar1 and clicking re-import.

This should give you what you want.

Also b3.76 is up now and it will properly re-import timers based on the "Stationary" setting in the 1st expanded section of the bar.

I plan to do a Q&A soon with screen share to maybe answer people's questions.

b3.76 is up, if there's no issues this will basically become 3.8.

Interrupt announces and MD announces are now part of JSHB, and no worries, it will turn off the announces in JSHBMisdirection if you use it. This will allow easier config. Both sets of options are on the main Option page, scroll to the bottom.

What else does JSHB need? Other than updated alerts and some new default spell timers. I do need to work on the options soon, it need to be sectionalized for my next major plan O.o

Hey, JS. This is an amazing add-on. Keep up the good work.

I want to bring up a couple of things...

First, if I try to set up a solid border that is 1 pixel thick, it appears around the bar 1-2 pixels too much to the left and 1-2 pixels too much to the bottom. Meaning it is misaligned. Is there a solution to this?

Second, is it possible, when using stationary icons to make them always appear in one set position. For example, right now, I have Serpent String (and all others) to show when they are active only. No reason to have the icons clutter up the focus bar unless they are active. So Serpent Sting is set to the #1 position, but it appears in the center of bar 1. Then, if I use another active ability, say Black Arrow, it causes the Serpent Sting icon to move to the left a bit so that they are both centered in bar 1.

What I would like is if, when active, Serpent Sting icon only appeared on the top right hand just above the Focus Bar and Black Arrow to the left and so forth. Would this be possible? Let me know if you need me to elaborate further.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post

I want to bring up a couple of things...

First, if I try to set up a solid border that is 1 pixel thick, it appears around the bar 1-2 pixels too much to the left and 1-2 pixels too much to the bottom. Meaning it is misaligned. Is there a solution to this?

Second, is it possible, when using stationary icons to make them always appear in one set position. For example, right now, I have Serpent String (and all others) to show when they are active only. No reason to have the icons clutter up the focus bar unless they are active. So Serpent Sting is set to the #1 position, but it appears in the center of bar 1. Then, if I use another active ability, say Black Arrow, it causes the Serpent Sting icon to move to the left a bit so that they are both centered in bar 1.

What I would like is if, when active, Serpent Sting icon only appeared on the top right hand just above the Focus Bar and Black Arrow to the left and so forth. Would this be possible? Let me know if you need me to elaborate further.

Thanks.
    First question, sounds like you need to adjust the insets. They can be negative.

Second, As of now, no. But I will be putting out an update to do exactly what you are asking about, fill from left, center or right.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 11:38 AM ----------

OK, so during the last couple days I moved translations to the CurseForge localization system to make it easier for people to help out with translations.

If you run a non-English client (doubt you are reading this!) you can go to: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/js-.../localization/ if you would like to help out with translations. You can also help by checking unapproved translations and approving them if the translated text is proper.

When I package a new release, the updated translations will be automatically added to the builds.

During the transition, there were minor packager errors and things to sort out, so alpha's and in the end, release version numbers went up.
    Everything should be stabilized now and releases will be solid again. Thank you!

My question is that what guarantee do we have you will always maintain this addon or if you will ever quit? Your addon is great but if you stopped updating it for whatever reason then its a pain having to find new addons to fill the functions that yours does.

This isnt a dig at you or anything, just a concern because its not fun re-shapping addons to fit into a ui, especially if your a neat freak!

Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    My question is that what guarantee do we have you will always maintain this addon or if you will ever quit? Your addon is great but if you stopped updating it for whatever reason then its a pain having to find new addons to fill the functions that yours does.

This isnt a dig at you or anything, just a concern because its not fun re-shapping addons to fit into a ui, especially if your a neat freak!
    I'm planning a separate support site for my addons (all 3) and forums to talk about classes. I'm investing money to get it up and running and plan to keep updating JSHB and whatever comes with the next Blizzard MMO. Unless something life-changing happens, I plan to keep updating and keep my account live to update even if I'm not really playing much.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 06:06 PM ----------

Thanks.
    The latest alpha now has support for this.

After deleting all buffs on bar1 and imporitng default, cant move bar1, whent i unlock falmes, all frames except bar1 can be moved, bar1 only shows bar name "bar 1" and no green bar.

Updated to latest version from 3.71, current is 3.851.

After deleting all buffs on bar1 and imporitng default, cant move bar1, whent i unlock falmes, all frames except bar1 can be moved, bar1 only shows bar name "bar 1" and no green bar.
    Experiencing this problem as well on bar one after configuring stuff for stationary. 3.851 (I can force a green bar to be there by activating something used by the timer bar, then unlocking the frame)

It would be awesome if there was a Thrill of the Hunt stack indicator for the Focus Bar.

Try /jsb reset

also turn on lua error display in interface help section. Please private message me if you get any and cut and paste it in a message.

This is the first report of this.

Thank You!

Tried /jsb reset, got error, pm'ed it to you.
    Last edited by Krachaboras; 2012-09-22 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    I'm planning a separate support site for my addons (all 3) and forums to talk about classes. I'm investing money to get it up and running and plan to keep updating JSHB and whatever comes with the next Blizzard MMO. Unless something life-changing happens, I plan to keep updating and keep my account live to update even if I'm not really playing much.
    Thanks for the reply, top man!

I'm running out of time before MoP release now, so really need help. If you have an error please install the latest ALPHA (a3.86) (which I will be posting soon) and see if the error persists. If it does, please, please, please add me (Battle Tag: Sorn#1802) and help me to resolve it ASAP.

I just finished some fixes and changes to prevent errors in the latest alpha and hope to bump to release by Monday.

There will be no further modification to JSHB until after MoP at this point. When things are stable with MoP, continued work on JSHB will commence.

One thing I plan to look into is a change in styling for some of JSHB. I have not done my research yet, but plan to re-look into button facade to handle some skinning and remove the code from JSHB in the options. This will make the options cleaner and easier to use (*IF* I can do what I need with facade).

I know Logarithmic timers are still wanted and plan to go back to that, but I need to figure out the best way to do things. If you use a logarithmic movement for moving timers, and the bar is narrow, this may look terrible. I already did my research and know how to handle the implementation, but the details are in the air on how to handle things like narrow bars - set a limit to bar size vs icon size and automatically disable logarithmic setting if the bar is too narrow? Unsure, thus the research!

Thank You all again.

I will also be moving to the curse tracker for bug reports in the near future, as the amount of private messages, posts, etc.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 02:55 PM ----------

Check your settings under Tranq Alert, and the icon size for "Removables icon size". This may be set too large. (default is 24)

I did send you a Battle Tag invitation.

Posting here to see if anyone else has figured it out. But when you use stationary icons for Bar 1. I made a timer for Potion of the Tol'vir. If I set it up as a spell, it doesn't show up at all. If I set it up as an item, it shows up, but it displays a 1 on its timer. As to say how many of the potion are being used. There is no option to turn this timer into a duration that I can see at least.

Am I missing something or do I need to make this timer differently?

I did send you a Battle Tag invitation.

Posting here to see if anyone else has figured it out. But when you use stationary icons for Bar 1. I made a timer for Potion of the Tol'vir. If I set it up as a spell, it doesn't show up at all. If I set it up as an item, it shows up, but it displays a 1 on its timer. As to say how many of the potion are being used. There is no option to turn this timer into a duration that I can see at least.

Am I missing something or do I need to make this timer differently?
    Duration on player, spell ID: 79633

You need the ID for the effect, not the potion itself. :-)

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 08:59 PM ----------

I was going through the alert system today and noticed that it was never updated when an event was taken out of game.

I'll be fixing that tomorrow and pushing a beta. Also will be adding alert sounds to the alerts as opposed to the whole module so that you can set different sounds for different alerts.

Deleted
    Hey mate,

I also am a great fan of your addonn with my hunter. It's really handy. However, in the first edition hunters could automatically missdirect players/pets by just clicking the rightmouse button on the targets unitframe. This isn't possible in the new edition. Are you perhaps planning on putting this function back in?

Regards,
    MsterB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MsterB View Post
    Hey mate,

I also am a great fan of your addonn with my hunter. It's really handy. However, in the first edition hunters could automatically missdirect players/pets by just clicking the rightmouse button on the targets unitframe. This isn't possible in the new edition. Are you perhaps planning on putting this function back in?

Regards,
    MsterB
    Hey there,

You have to download addon called ''JSHunterBarMisdirection''. Hopefully this helped.

I have one question too.. I would like to change JS hunter bar for the old default look, but I don't know how..

I mean I would like to remove those --> i46.tinypic.com/2ih9hdd.png .. I liked the old tracking look more and I was wondering is it possible to turn them back on?

Quote Originally Posted by Evix View Post
    Hey there,

You have to download addon called ''JSHunterBarMisdirection''. Hopefully this helped.

I have one question too.. I would like to change JS hunter bar for the old default look, but I don't know how..

I mean I would like to remove those --> i46.tinypic.com/2ih9hdd.png .. I liked the old tracking look more and I was wondering is it possible to turn them back on?
    The easy fix for you is to expand the 1st COLLAPSED section of the bar and turn off "Stationary". It looks like that because the settings are still set for moving timers. To fix them for the new default, scroll to the bottom of the bar and "reimport defaults".

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 01:14 PM ----------

Logarithmic timers...... (for moving bars)

So, time to code this.....

I need to know suggestions for the breakpoints when logarithmic scaling should be used....

I'm looking for breakpoints for the bar.

--------------------------------------
    0s-----------1m--------5m-------10m+
    --------------------------------------

Is this what you guys/gals want?

So, if the time cooldown is 1m, the timer would place the icon at the 1m location on the bar and move toward 0s.
    If the timer is 10m or more, it would be place at the 10m+ location and move from there toward 0. (it will move slower until it hits 5, then speed will change when it hits 1m, etc.)

I would like feedback on how you want this to work before I code it and need to change it 6x.

Finished the Master's Call announce module.

Still waiting on feedback to code in the Logarithmic Timers feature. Options are done, simple check box. Just need to know the break points people want to see...

10+ Year Old Account
    If i might add remove the 10m+ timer and add a 10-20s timer point.

10 minutes are rarely needed imho and the extra 10-20 second area will do something against cluttering of short cds like glaive toss, explosive shot, dire beast and BA all coming off under 1 minute so they don't stack up that much.

On a sidenote/request:
    Is there the possibility that you implement a option if 2 cooldowns are so close they are "overlapping" that the one on top is always a spell with higher priority given by the player in the options? And that when the cooldown is ready they don't drop off the bar but instead stack up at 0 seconds remaining, stacked up in priority?
    This way you could help prioritizing shots like the old watcher addon did.
    I understand that this could be too much of a feature creep for you, but this request is only possible if you use a logarithmic pattern for cds.

Thanks for the great addon you are providing and excuse me. German schools don't teach English very well.
    Cren
    Last edited by CrenVerdis; 2012-10-12 at 07:39 AM.
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!