Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Perhaps changing all old recipes to 1 token per recipe would be a good idea, although it is a rather useless thing to have. Demand for pre expansion gems is almost 0. The only thing 'twinks' are currently after are cutted epic wrath gems, almost always just +20 agility, strength or intellect. Plus a few meta's. I doubt it there is any demand at all for the 44 other cutted epic wrath gems.

Some recipes maybe should be easier to obtain, but I wouldnt make it to cheap, for those hardworking collectors out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    On this note, I believe JC is the only profession that requires you to do dailies to get to max level (without cutting ?Dragon's Eye? Gems)

Just powerleveled JC with mining and had to go back to areas for gems and ore as I'd outleveled mining.
    Get to 505 and you need to do 4 dailies to buy a pattern to get you to 510 to buy next pattern from trainer!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    They existed at the time. If you want the achievement, then why should you get it any easier than other people who have played it over time and actually got the recipes by doing dailies? How do you work it out as 800 days? You can do dailies for various level of recipes simultaneously.
    While you are right in that both set of recipes can be worked towards at the same time, how on earth do you work out that doing the Dalaran ones isn't "harder" now than when it was current content? Travelling or even setting your hearthstone is an unneeded hassle, then you have to find the mats which are not in the AH so much. It's not as if rolling them into one currency is giving them away free, he would still have to a dailly of some sort. It wasnt hard in the day to get these recipes, and it's not hard today, but it definitely could be streamlined. To be honest, I am surprised that the one profession which they have done this for is cooking when there is a whole meta being made slightly easier by the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
    It only takes 800 days if you do them in order. You can actually do the dalaran and stormwind JC dailies at the same time, and get it done in a bit less than a year.

What I'm really interested in is the 3 BoE designs from sunwell. I've never seen them drop, and I almost bought one today off the AH for 10k, but I think there's going to be a new crafting thing that randomly generates old recipes.
    Since when is 400 days less than a year? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    "Regarding the last point, I changed mains in cataclysm for my guild so I would have if I could, I'm not asking to be 'boosted' as you put it but if you can tell me something ingame that's ever took you 2.5 years to achieve you can win your little argument."

Thunderfury

/thread

FYI: it took me over 5 years to finish thunderfuy off, after getting shafted by RNG countless tmes.

Deleted
    FYI : It took me 5 years to try and get out of my wheelchair, but i don't brag about it... I kept getting shafted by fat broken legs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    While you are right in that both set of recipes can be worked towards at the same time, how on earth do you work out that doing the Dalaran ones isn't "harder" now than when it was current content? Travelling or even setting your hearthstone is an unneeded hassle, then you have to find the mats which are not in the AH so much. It's not as if rolling them into one currency is giving them away free, he would still have to a dailly of some sort. It wasnt hard in the day to get these recipes, and it's not hard today, but it definitely could be streamlined. To be honest, I am surprised that the one profession which they have done this for is cooking when there is a whole meta being made slightly easier by the change.
    You can buy the ring which summons you to dalaran.
    The mats are still easy to get by the time you are on WOTLK dailies. They are in the ah all the time.

If he wants to then the recipes that much then let everyone have everyone of them for free so we cna all complete our collections.