Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Can there ever be a day like that in the news? That would be so sweet to actually read my morning online newspaper and just have happy stories about some new cancer cure or some great discovery about our universe.

Would be so awesome to not be bombarded with tales of sadness and grief and outrage.
    You should read the onion.

"Local man wakes up from two week drinking binge debt free"

edit found the link:
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/man...blems-s,19858/

Note that the onion is generally a parody of other news.
    Last edited by blackblade; 2012-08-28 at 03:44 AM.

as long as there are a couple of jerks who do shocking things, the news will focus on them instead of "local fireman rescues puppy! It's unharmed and just so fluffy wuffy adorable"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I'd love to open up my newspaper and read;

BREAKING NEWS! Midwest man commits MASSACRE when HIGH on Marijuana!!

A man from the Midwest massacres the wildly popular Workaholics series and two bag of Cheetos in one sitting today while high on weed today! He was reported to only have moved from his couch a whopping two times during the massacre in order to pee. It's said he completed all three seasons of the show with limited breaks and pauses in between and left behind little crumbs.
    There's absolutely no way that could be news, just on the basis that watching all three seasons of Workaholics would take 11 hours and there's no way someone high could go that long with only eating two bags of Cheetohs.
    Give the man a couple of pizzas, and then we have a news story!

O.T
    It's been said before but most good things don't make good news stories. A man drives home 500 times and arrives home safely each time, none of them make the news, crashes in a lamp post on drive 501 and then you have a story. The exception being new cures for diseases, at least I hope the cure for cancer would make the news.

Though having said that, local papers tend to have more good news than national papers do. Like my local paper will have on the front page if a student from a local high school wins something prestigious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Can there ever be a day like that in the news? That would be so sweet to actually read my morning online newspaper and just have happy stories about some new cancer cure or some great discovery about our universe.

Would be so awesome to not be bombarded with tales of sadness and grief and outrage.
    I think that heavily depends on the size of the newspaper.

My local city (population 300000) newspaper reports murder or rape only once or twice a year.