Thread: Quite confused

Quite confused

I don't understand what is going on with my account. Logging in this evening i am getting a "Account is blocked for unacceptable behavior. Please try back after the block has expired."

Now I've seen people saying that they have been banned for bad language, but I can say with the utmost certainty, that I haven't spoke to a single sole, nor have I typed anything in to the chat area to even talk. How am I banned already?

My night last night consisted of literally an hour of running around The Grove getting all the puzzles and points of interest. That's it.

Now since Anet has blocked my account one would think that I would have an email in my inbox explain the reason, but there is none. Also, if you go to your account page on the GW2 site, there is a section called "Security." Clicking on that section will show you any recent or current log ins. If it shows you currently logged in, you have the option to disconnect the session. Now when I look I see someTHING logging in pretty much just after I disconnect them.

I've been on vent talking to friends who are currently playing the game confirming that my character is going on and offline. So if my account is banned, how are they seeing me getting online then back off a short time later?

Is anyone else having this issue? I've very frustrated.

UPDATE: As an update, talking to friends on vent they are telling me that it is spamming me coming online and going offline. They told me that was happening as I was spamming the login button. So the game was signing me in and right back out as I clicked login.

Deleted
    "unacceptable behavior" did you exploit or something, a banned character name? i dont know.

My in game name is Persei. If that's offensive then I'd be surprised. No, I haven't done any exploiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you cursing in /Map in a way that broke the language filter. I've heard about a few bans from that. Supposedly they are really strict on language.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

/tin-foil hat
    is ANet trying to ban as much people as possible whenever they find a silly reason(since they got the money they need) in order to keep servers stable? It is only reason(may not be logical) I can come up with that justifies ultra-silly bans like saying 'fuck' and getting banned or spamming enter-world/log-in button.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-27 at 11:56 PM.

I agree, but i haven't said anything. Until just now i didn't even know that typing /map was the way to talk to people. As I said, I have been playing with friends on vent. I haven't talked in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Were you cursing in /Map in a way that broke the language filter. I've heard about a few bans from that. Supposedly they are really strict on language.
    I can understand if they ban for racial slurs, that has no place in general chats... but are they really banning for words like f*ck, sh*t, c*nt etc ? If so, what's the point of being able to remove the language filter ? Sure hope this isn't the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I can understand if they ban for racial slurs, that has no place in general chats... but are they really banning for words like f*ck, sh*t, c*nt etc ? If so, what's the point of being able to remove the language filter ? Sure hope this isn't the case.

i have heard people say they are banning for swearing in chat, though ive not done it myself so cant verify.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    I agree, but i haven't said anything. Until just now i didn't even know that typing /map was the way to talk to people. As I said, I have been playing with friends on vent. I haven't talked in game.

have you tried contacting Anet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    The point of the filter is the same as the point of it on any other MMO: To protect people from having to see inappropriate language. It has no bearing on people actually being able to use said language, which is against the ToS. Whether the filter exists or not or is enabled or not the ToS states that inappropriate language may not be used.

I have put in a report on their site, but I've got nothing as of yet. Tomorrow is release day for everyone else. I suspect I wont hear anything for quite some time. For the others talking about the profanity filter and whatnot, i agree with you, but that is not the case here. I haven't talked in chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if you say 'fuck' or any other variation of it in the map chat, you will be banned.
    i can confirm it because i did so.

Anet's Rules of Conduct system that deals with inappropriate language/behaviors during the game is really that strict. I've been hearing a lot of suspended/banned account issues like yours since the 1st day of the headstart and it seems to me that you've breached something on the game rules.

I assume Anet support will not give details as to why your account is banned (for first time account suspension). The account ban already served as the first mark for minor offenses.

Deleted
    it's very possible your account was compromised and a goldseller used it to spam chat with it.
    too bad anet is just banning people without giving any information whatsoever. Hope you can sort it out.

On a related note, I really hope they pull those sticks out of their asses about the language rules.

you cant have a game aiming to get a top tier pvp community going and deny one of the core aspects of pvp rivalry and competition. Trash talk is a must and it will backfire if they keep banning people for profanity. (although I dont think anybody minds a cleaned up /M chat and certainly not the absence of the usual idiots lashing out on some poor guy who didnt know any better for screwing up in a dungeon or pug pvp)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsandair View Post
    The point of the filter is the same as the point of it on any other MMO: To protect people from having to see inappropriate language. It has no bearing on people actually being able to use said language, which is against the ToS. Whether the filter exists or not or is enabled or not the ToS states that inappropriate language may not be used.
    And that's another minus for Guild Wars 2. That's quite pathetic.