So the overall impression is that this game is bad?

Most posts in here say that this game is disappointing, and the impression I get is that it's pretty bad. So overall, is this game worth purchasing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might be just a tad soon to make a judgement call like that...

Stop fishing. Whether you're trolling or being serious, you should be able to know that the overall impression hasn't settled down yet when the game hasn't even officially launched yet. There are people who don't like, there are people who like it, wait another month if you really want an accurate "overall impression". Or just buy the game and see for yourself.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How you can say a game is bad that isn't released yet is beyond me. The game is the most fun I have had in an MMO in years. This is bordering on the first time I really started having fun in WoW. So no, to me this game is in no way a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I haven't played the game yet, and pretty much completely unbiased. If you check the front page, there are only a few threads about the quality of the game, and the most popular one is the one with negative opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many people are complaining about zergy DE's and such when they're all sub level 30. Even 20+ they start getting more complicated and easier to fail if all you're doing is zerging.

No idea what they'll be like at 50+ or 80.

It's certainly not bad. It's actually quite a lot of fun especially considering the B2P model. People are saying it's 'bad' because it didn't live up to the completely ridiculous expectations that everyone placed upon it... which anyone with half a brain knew was going to happen.

It's another MMO with some cool new tweaks but nothing revolutionary. Overall lots of fun.
    Last edited by Aerai; 2012-08-28 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Ehh how do you come to that conclusion?

There are a handful of people that OWN the game that says it's bad... are you even reading the forum?
    It's quite arrogant to assume that most people complaining about the game are lying.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank2368 View Post
    Most posts in here say that this game is disappointing, and the impression I get is that it's pretty bad. So overall, is this game worth purchasing?
    Yep, because the handful of threads on here of people saying the games "bad" really compares to the thousands and thousands of people that will be playing the game absolutely loving it, that won't even visit the forum.

Deleted
    I played all the beta weekends and was very hyped about the headstart with gw2 but i wont be playing it anymore due to several reasons.

The main one was probably that im already heavily invested with world of warcraft and im already planning on playing mists of pandaria ALOT.

I think that is the most common reason for most people. I cba learing and getting involved with a brand new MMO and all that comes with it.

Dont get me wrong. Guild wars 2 is insanely good and i wish that it gets millions and millions of permanent players.

Personally i just dont have the energy or the interest to emerge myself in a new mmo. Im a wow-player and thats probably what ill do until it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank2368 View Post
    I haven't played the game yet, and pretty much completely unbiased. If you check the front page, there are only a few threads about the quality of the game, and the most popular one is the one with negative opinions
    People like giving negative opinions because they are much more likely to get feedback from it.

Also, it's easy to give a negative opinion about a game when you've never played it (seen PLENTY of this recently)

Id say give it a month or 2 for it to settle. I recall WAR and SWTOR being the best game ever for a time.

There are plenty of threads going on for opinions over the games launch and it's success (or lack of). But I do believe the ones are enjoying are probably playing the game right now as much as they can, like me? Heh, Anyways I'm closing the topic because we have too many of these already. ~Zil

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even plan on playing Guild Wars 2, but saying that the "overall impression is that the game is bad" before the game even RELEASES to everyone is idiotic.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Most people who would have a good impression of the game would be playing, rather than answering pity posts like this on forums at this point in time. However, we already have a negative feedback thread, and a few positive feedback threads floating around. I'd suggest you use one of those.

Thread closed --Kel
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~