You should use this thread for gearing: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4486
GIGO. As long as you stay at hit cap and haste breakpoint, gemming and reforging will have relatively small impact on your throughput.
AMR gives mastery a slightly higher weight than crit, but the truth is those weights actually vary depending on your talents, gameplay and each particular fight; and even then once you're at hit cap and haste breakpoint, you can safely gem/reforge +/-3000 crit/mastery with output variations below 2%, which is negligible when compared with RNG / performance during an actual fight.
Alright, Here is more updates on Silvercat. I have more logs now since the last time I talked to y'all. She has read all of your feedback and has applied. I think she is doing better, but still has plenty of improvement ahead of her. Sorry if I am bothering y'all a little too much, but me personally I don't know jack crap about S Priest. And I am just trying to help my GM before we hit Heroics.
Iron J- warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgnZr2dp3Y98AXkh#fight=21
Again Thank you for the feedback, y'all have provided me with I do believe she is improving.
getting tired of this not allowed to post links
Her hit is pretty high. I tried to do an AMR so that she could drop some, but it just went up even more. She needs some better itemized pieces, but that will come in time.
Looking at IJ for single target: her MB casts are really low. Stress that she should be mashing the button every time its CD is about to come up. Additionally, it looks like she's still having trouble managing Insanity. It should be her top damage on a single target fight like IJ by miles, not near the bottom. My only advice for this is to practice on the dummies. Cast 3 orb DP -> hit Mind Flay: Insanity -> Hit MB/SWD if they're up ->Back to Insanity.
Going to class. Can look over more later.
As currently AMR isn't giving me correct gear setup.
Thanks for your help btw, it's appreciated.
- - - Updated - - -
Crap in your bags >>> BiS not in your bags.
Also, be wary of BiS lists. They're BiS assuming that you're not over/under hit cap and that you're at either GCD cap or DP+3; and if you're at hit cap and haste breakpoint, the difference between same ilvl items is negligible when compared to RNG / gameplay.
1) She had 23 MB casts , it should've been closer to 345/9.5= 38 ... That's a pretty nice quick way to check logs for MB usage, tell her to aim for that (9.5 is calculated through CD + Cast + reaction time).. She absolutely MUST use MB whenever it's available and she has time to cast for 1second (meaning whenever not having jumping out of stuff)
2) Her MFI uptime seems abit low but that is also affected from the MB usage > less DPs > less MFI uptime, tell her to only clip MFI for MB (that's a good rule to start with, though some times it is worth it to clip it to redot) Also tell her to always recast MFI right before DP wears off for the extra channel(except if MB is available to cast ).
3) Her DoT uptime is still abit low ... Tell her to try to always redot before DP if they are going to fall off while she's MFIing ( look above )
4) Now.... I suck at reading warcraft logs ( have a much better time with WoL :P ) and i can't find how long the boss was below 20% but either your guild reallly destroyed IJ below 20% (seeing how lust was in the begining i find that abit weird :P ) or she missed quite a few SWeaths , she has 6 of em casted which means 3 rounds of 2.... on a 8 second cooldown. So she should work on that also. Her priorities should be MB > SW always when she has less than 3 orbs.
5) Lastly Halo usage seems abit low to me but i know that you can't always use Halo in the correct way, just have her try whenver she's using it, to be at the optimal 25yrd range
Now my advise is based on personal experience and on things I've read. If I've misunderstood something or if I'm wrong somewhere I'm sure Zinge or Dierdre will correct me
1) As Zinge said she should aim for better itemization for those huge amounts of hit but , well that comes with time.
2) Another thing i've noticed is that she's around 918haste above the 14877 breakpoint (I'd aim for that one instead of the 18215 with her gear, which is perfectly fine since their DPS is virtually the same) , that's alot of lost stats, get her to use AMR ( with caution ) to balance her stats having crit=mastery (Though since she doesn't have 4set mastery is arguably abit better than crit (I think? /summon dierdre ). The main thing though is to get her haste down to 14877 to get higher on other stats (she's forfeiting a ton of int/crit/mastery with that 918 haste over the breakpoint , mostly through gem bonuses)
Hope I helped
Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-02-21 at 03:52 AM.
Hi there, I feel my dps is fine, but when it comes to simcrafting, I'm an absolute scrub. Was wondering if anybody could sim me out and give me ideal stat weights to put into Mr Robot to optimize my gems/enchants/reforges. I really appreciate it and thank you in advance for anybody who does it for me. It will be a huge help.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%90oob/simple is my armory.
here is the WoL link
This comes down to fundamentals. If she's really serious about improving her dps, she needs to re-evaluate her play style. Make sure she's actually using a DoT timer and not just looking to see if the debuff icon is on her target. There are many out there:
Pair http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots and http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdotspriest for a really great tool that helps you with when to recast stronger dots.
I use ForteXorcist which is, at this point, a more advanced addon that requires a decent amount of configuration, but I'm sure someone can recommend a good one (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ellipsis looks good? I've never used it)
If she's clicking spells/keyboard turning, it's only going to hamper her DPS. Clicking is bad, but especially bad for shadow. If you could convince her to make the switch (assuming she is clicking), it would pay off in a few weeks.
Lastly, watching videos will help! She can get a good idea of how other players function and hopefully adapt things to her own play. I'll link some normal videos since that's what you guys are doing.
IJ (me--my other normal kill vids suck, so don't have her watch those. The heroic ones are good though!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js6uA0TSEgQ
I can't find something else on the WoL report to add.
I'm not sure if u've told her about her gear yet but her haste values are still all over the place ( with an unenchanted weapon ) , I guess this could be cause she loged out just after she got some gear , just putting it out there she must optimize her gear if she's gonna try and fix her DPS.
Learning the priority system comes first though.
Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-02-23 at 10:38 AM.
They should help you a lot as you're at 19% hit and using a haste/stam gem.Use these weights for AMR:
Set haste break point to whatever your desired number is.
Spell Power: 5.2
Spell Hit: 5
Haste (to breakpoint): 4.5
Haste (> breakpoint): 1
Weights courtesy of Drye.
Also at around 570 ilvl, the 3ilvl difference huge.
Seeing how 16(or 15)total ilvl is 1 char ilvl think of it as them having 3 items with 16ilvl more than you. That's more or less the difference between a HC WF and a normal item (it's 19 but you get the point). So 3ilvls is a pretty substantial gap.
That's w.o having seen your armory or anything. Your sim is prolly correct :P
I appreciate the weights, gonna try them out. Didn't see you post them. The 19% hit will happen no matter what because of the excess spirit on my gear (I'll be the first to acknowledge I'm not BiS itemized currently.) The haste/stam gem is simply because AMR with my current weights had me using haste/spirit gems and the spirit seemed like a wasted stat at that 19% hit.
Honestly, your sim is always going to be lower than others when you have a lot of spirit gear (rng is beyond our control!). However, once you get some better itemized pieces + those weights, your sim will go up. You can always mess around with the 18215 breakpoint and see if the playstyle is better for you. Your sim dps doesn't really matter too much, so don't get caught up on it.