Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladi View Post
    Greetings
    Having a current issue whit my dps.

    Item lvl 518 Priest nameTantá Draenor .EU
    Expatiation I would to see where i'am doing it wrong.

    Right The is what iam currently trying to after a good night of reforging.
    Whit my current gear, and no tire set, aim i reforging to mastery>crit, and have set my haste to 10125, that for the first do not have either 2/4 set or can get to 14876 haste rating.
    and where at that time using: divine insight.
    The Logs was after i try ed the reforge, Whit the logs i was gem/reforging for haste and had 13.747 haste and was reforging mastery to crit.
    So would like to get a quids-line if aim on the right track, or i have miss-understood it.
    the thing i thought about and try on a target dummy was this: start my troll racial* berserk and Shadow fiend and after a min or when my trinket plucked, and then cast Power infusion*
    By trying that I loses the free instant Mb, i would get from divine insight.

    thanks in advance
    On your armory currently, it says your priest has only 8156 haste with 521 ilvl. While it's good you're at the first cap, you could be at a MUCH higher haste threshold. I would suggest getting familiar with Shadow Haste Breakpoints and also getting familiar with howtopriest.com and http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/ -- there is some very relevant information for you on both of these sites.

    Your rotation seems pretty off, here's some more in-depth info: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1701

    I'd suggest reading the aforementioned sites as well as simcraft and checking top ranking shadowpriest's worldoflogs and after that if you're still confused, then come back and ask more. There's lots of info out there Good luck!

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    Item Level: 524
    Expectations: Realization why I'm under-performing and fixing it
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Lopina/simple
    WorldOfLogs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-syq1yqezpzpb0f7b/

    Notes: I recently started using AffDots Priest and I've been relaying heavily on them, meaning if they showed me my dots had +25% power, I'd recast them. I have also been experimenting with breaking Insanity when the AffDots would show I'd have 50%+ more power on dots.
    you aren't gemming right. you gem int/haste or spirit/haste in a red/blue socket only if the set bonus is worth it (like getting 140 int while forgoing 160 haste). if the set bonus isn't worth getting, you just gem straight haste. yellow and prismatic sockets are *always* 320 haste.

    other than that, i looked at the megera log, and i guess your guild doesn't want you doing any aoe on the arcane adds? it was strange to see zero mindsear damage, buf it that's what your guild wants that's fine i guess. other than that, you aren't doing a good job of managing your insanity. you only had on average 5.5 ticks per DP which is quite low. twist of fate uptime was quite low, as well. fishing for extra orbs on arcane adds with SWD is worthwhile for both TOF uptime as well as DP/insanity uptime. make sure you run with target healthbars up, and snipe low health adds when SWD is coming off cooldown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    Could you please elaborate on this? I have no intention of delaying orb generators simply asking if its mathematicaly bebeficial to recast my 2 dots while procs are active, thus losing 2 out of 3 insanity casts
    it's very rarely worthwhile to recast dots instead of insanity - except for when you can get sets of UVLS dots off on extra targets (like on council). this is a particularly special case because UVLS is such a strong buff in multitarget and it is so short.

    you have to compare the damage you gain from casting a dot with a buff up compared to an unbuffed dot vs the lost insanity. you can't really recoup the insanity uptime due to the short window of opportunity to use it, but you can always re-cast your DoT with or without the buff instead of regular mindflay later on in the fight. also, realize that your insanity mastery procs only hit for normal mindflay damage once your DP falls off (but your channel will still have the insanity icon and do insanity damage) which further discourages using something other than insanity during devouring plague's uptime.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-06-03 at 11:06 PM.

  3. #143
    Hey all,

    Short recap. We're two shadowpriests. I am 525 (LMG/ 2set/ ULVS) and my priest buddy is 531 (no LMG/ 4set/ ULVS). I have simmed us, but we both feel we can do better then we currently are doing. Though on helterskelter simming we seem to be doing alright (keep in mind, I'm not that great in simming).
    We have checked our logs and compared it with other priests, but I honestly can't find huge differences, apart from uptimes on VT/ SW:P at times. There's no real talentspec that we cling on to. Most of the time the recommended talents as in the threads for heroic bosses.

    Our armories:
    Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Ayarea/
    Him: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Zhunan/
    (tips on reforging are most welcome as well as gemming).

    Easy overview for Wol:
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/kazzak/ayarea/
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/kazzak/zhunan/

    (Note: Myself (Ayarea), haven't raided for nearly three weeks and have been severely lacking in upgrading my items, I know I could be having a higher itemlevel, but due to school stuff I had no time upgrading gear as much as I had hoped for.)

    Regarding addons, both use WeakAura's for tracking uptimes and downtimes. Shadowdottimer and forteexcorsist. Gnosis for clipping. We have setup tidyplates in a way that when there's no active aura's the hp bar is slightly bigger then the rest so it's easier to see since tabbing doesn't work for the both of us. For movement we use WASD with strafe left and right on AD (Zhunan tends to use the mouse to move as well) and we use keybindings on spells. We're also using the one tapping SW for more orb generating.

    We keep on pushing, but like to push it even further then we currently are doing . Thanks so much for helping out.
    ~ Streaming stuff and drawings ~

  4. #144
    Hey guys, I'm here because I posted in the wrong place. I'm trying to find out why the spriest in our raid isn't keeping up with our other DPS.

    Allow me to check my ignorance here, I'm first and foremost a holy pally with only some dps experience as ret or on a boomkin this expansion. I'm aware things like AskMrRobot cannot be trusted for priests (according to some on these forums saying it still seems buggy for shadow) So I'm just posting what I have for data along with data I've tried to gather.

    Armory Link
    Parse Link (I do have other's upon request but because of our shitty attempts thus far at heroics this is our most consistent night with the most bosses)
    AskMrRobot for Pure


    So he's been telling us how terrible Spriest are at scaling with gear this tier, and frankly I have found no reason to not believe him. I've run many sims from what he's rocking now, and even using AMR to hit the 10,500 haste point (which is the changes it recommends if you select T15+PVE build for weights), and he's not getting above 130k dps on a patchwerk (once again aware this isn't a valuable comparison but it's how you can compare more than one persons dps in your raid.)

    I've been fine with his performance thus far because he brings our 10 man the 5% haste buff we can't get elsewhere atm. But his and our Warlocks performances have fallen under scrutiny with the other officers, since he has 5 pieces of Tforged gear and isn't performing as well as other dps' are expected. Last tier he carried the raid for dps, this tier he's lucky to not be in last most of the time. Any help you folks can offer would be greatly appreciated!

    Any other data needed? just ask me!

    Constructive notes from the other thread
    1) his gemming should be more aimed at haste
    2) His glyph From Darkness..... is wrong (probably from HJin'rokh attempt to help the healers)
    3) needs tier gear and LMG (bad luck on conq tokens but he should be getting them all now if they drop)
    Last edited by Elapsed; 2013-06-05 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Added stuff from other post

  5. #145
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    435
    @ Elapsed

    Hello! Just some quick things I noticed.

    1) Ditch every single 160 int gem, there's a guide to gemming halfway down this page here
    2) He should be specced into Solace and Insanity 90% of the time it doesn't look like he uses it looking at the logs.
    3) His glyphs are weird/pvp'ish, glyph of vampiric embrace can make it a pretty useful raid CD (esp for 10 man)
    4) This is jst my personal preference but since shadowpriests having to move severely hurts dps, I like glyph of mindflay and pandaren's step boot enchant.

    During Twin Consorts he used PI on cooldown whereas on Horridon he used it 1 time at the end? Horridon's a wonderful fight for shadowpriests, doing 130k is far from what his max should be.

    I think him having a weapon upgrade or upgrading it 2/2 would be very helpful. With or without LMG/2pc, he's definitely underperforming. I hope some of this helps.
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-06-05 at 11:12 PM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    @ Elapsed

    Hello! Just some quick things I noticed.

    1) Ditch every single 160 int gem, there's a guide to gemming halfway down this page here
    2) He should be specced into Solace and Insanity 90% of the time it doesn't look like he uses it looking at the logs.
    3) His glyphs are weird/pvp'ish, glyph of vampiric embrace can make it a pretty useful raid CD (esp for 10 man)
    4) This is jst my personal preference but since shadowpriests having to move severely hurts dps, I like glyph of mindflay and pandaren's step boot enchant.

    During Twin Consorts he used PI on cooldown whereas on Horridon he used it 1 time at the end? Horridon's a wonderful fight for shadowpriests, doing 130k is far from what his max should be.

    I think him having a weapon upgrade or upgrading it 2/2 would be very helpful. With or without LMG/2pc, he's definitely underperforming. I hope some of this helps.
    Thank you so much, He and I have been chatting it up today via text and a lot of that he is already going to be doing this weekend. Thanks for the notes

  7. #147
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    Thank you so much, He and I have been chatting it up today via text and a lot of that he is already going to be doing this weekend. Thanks for the notes
    np dude =)

  8. #148
    Hey guys. Long time reader, finally decided to come to my fellow priests in search of some helpful tips.

    Fuufighter Ilvl 532 (LMG and Cloak)
    Expectations: Increase dps enough to rank (maybe)
    WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/f68ic...20l/details/5/
    Character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fighter/simple

    While I am comfortable with the dps I put out, im just wondering what changes I can make in order to rank on some fights. It seems the closest I can get is around the 88% mark. Something I'm personally ok with but my guild makes light hearted jokes about me never ranking on fights, despite my gear. I know they joke about it, but deep down it does make me feel like I'm not doing very well. I'm not an expert at reading through the logs, to find mistakes, so I hope some of you can point out some things that I do wrong. (Note: we don't kill the oozes on Primordius, thus the severely low dps). One thing that has come to mind would be using PI. I haven't used it yet this xpac, but now that I have the LMG, perhaps its worth it on fights with little movement? Anyway, feel free to criticize any mistakes you see.

    I have simcrafted my gear, and use the stat weights in my reforges. If you see anything off, please don't hesitate to let me know!

    Thanks in advance for taking the time to help out a fellow spriest!!

  9. #149
    Ok, I need help regarding gear.

    Here's my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rciless/simple

    I'm sitting at the 3k VP cap and I have the following items in my bags:

    RF Megaera's Shining Eye
    RF Lei Shen's Orb of Command
    RF Jade Dust Leggings
    RF Gleaming-Eye Shoulderpads
    RF Guardian Serpent Shoulderguards
    RF Fetish of the Hydra

    What should I use my 3000 VP for? Should I use the higher ilvl pieces even if they have less desired secondary stats?

    The best items I could get for VP would be the trinket and ring, but I'm not sure I should use the VP on replacing my lowest ilvl pieces instead.
    Last edited by Ansible; 2013-06-12 at 01:46 AM.
    Armory
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

  10. #150
    @Ansible

    The higher the ilvl, the more stats you'll get from upgrading. Use that as a rule of thumb for deciding which pieces to upgrade. If I were you, though, I'd pick up the SPA intellect trinket. It's fairly powerful for SPriests as an entry-level trinket and depending on your playstyle, you'll get a lot of mileage from it.

  11. #151
    Hey all,

    Posted for me and a buddy a while back but sadly no responses, so I'll try make an individual one.

    My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ayarea/simple
    (I have normal tier gloves and LFR head, but if I calculated it correctly it would be a downgrade regarding general output(?) even for having the 4 set bonus. I'm horrible with calculations that's why I'm so happy other people make those lists. So please correct me if I'm wrong). I would be able to upgrade both items to 2/2 at least if I farm some valor properly
    Here are the logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-au...ses&boss=68397

    We're working on Lei Shen heroic at the moment and I feel my damage is severely lacking on some attempts. I have been trying to calculate the amount of mindblasts on the longer attempts and it seems I'm missing a few here and there (I guess mostly at the AOE phase they tend to come up). Sometimes I'm unlucky with procs in general and I can dip from 220K to as low as 140K DPS. However I don't want to blame my low DPS on proc luck alone so I'm hoping for some help. In the fight you got 90 ish seconds "idle time" calculated. Ofcourse if you have an add you will be casting mindblasts/ dots and what not.

    As soon as I get a proc from UVLS or the LMG I recast my dots. Since I'm a very visual player (I get distracted really easy and have to set everything for myself in stone pretty much) I use Afflidots to help me with that as well to make sure I don't cast when it's not beneficial enough. As well as WeakAura's for icon usage. (This is my UI for reference: http://i42.tinypic.com/akinia.jpg).

    I got told that my DPS in general seems low. I know I'm trying to push as hard as I can without fucking up by taking damage and dying, though ofcourse that sometimes happens as well. On epeen bots I seem to be around the 50% ish mark most often, some fights around the 80% mark and others around the 30%. I've only gotten 529 itemlevel last Sunday, so before that it was around 525 or so. Here are the epeen bots for those who want to have a look at those logs as well: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/kazzak/ayarea/ .

    I'm really sorry for yet making another post, but I'm at the end of my rope here and I really want to improve. I have been reading all the threads, I try to use feedback from people made to others and put it to use myself as much as I can, but yet I just can't seem to be more then what I am right now and it's bothers me as I am really trying.

    Any tips, even for the ui I'm using right now are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.
    ~ Streaming stuff and drawings ~

  12. #152
    Hello,

    I've been struggling with my shadow priest dps for quite some time now, even though I did decent in T14.

    In T15 I've been horrible on most fights, even to the point it's made me stop doing alt runs because I seem to not be able to fix it. Even after reading tons of guides, trying different talents on bosses, I still feel that it's not getting any better. The thing I seem to struggle the most with is movement (I play hunter as main), I think I'm doing something wrong with my rotation as-well, even though I know the priority list, I still seem to automatically do the wrong thing (sigh).

    It would be nice if you could check out my gear, my friend said I should always aim for the next highest haste cap and just go full haste, but I feel like I should drop some haste back to 10124. Just let me know what you think, and please be rude/harsh I really am keen on fixing what I'm doing wrong, because this is like haunting me atm.

    Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dkari/advanced
    ----

    WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

    ----

  13. #153
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Hello,

    I've been struggling with my shadow priest dps for quite some time now, even though I did decent in T14.

    In T15 I've been horrible on most fights, even to the point it's made me stop doing alt runs because I seem to not be able to fix it. Even after reading tons of guides, trying different talents on bosses, I still feel that it's not getting any better. The thing I seem to struggle the most with is movement (I play hunter as main), I think I'm doing something wrong with my rotation as-well, even though I know the priority list, I still seem to automatically do the wrong thing (sigh).

    It would be nice if you could check out my gear, my friend said I should always aim for the next highest haste cap and just go full haste, but I feel like I should drop some haste back to 10124. Just let me know what you think, and please be rude/harsh I really am keen on fixing what I'm doing wrong, because this is like haunting me atm.

    Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dkari/advanced
    Your gear looks pretty solid. Looks gemmed/enchanted fine, no professions definitely doesn't help but I'm sure you know that.

    Kind of need more info to give an answer as to what you're doing wrong. Logs would be wonderful if that's possible.

    You said you're having difficulty sticking to the rotation even though you know it. How's your UI? Can you see your mind blast CD clearly? Are you tracking the CD on your first Shadow Word: Death somehow? Do you see your Devouring Plague and other dots clearly?

  14. #154
    @ Hikari

    Found some logs. Your DoT uptime is in the 60-70% range. Either you don't have a DoT timer or you're playing with your monitor off. On the Megaera fight I looked at, the fight was about 7 minutes and you averaged 1 MB every 12 seconds with 27 DI procs. This is almost inexcusably low. You were also using DP below 3 orbs. The problem isn't your gear. It's you. Work on improving your DoT uptime, only use DP at 3 Orbs. Improve your MFI uptime by timing your DP only when your MB is recently off CD and you've refreshed your DoTs.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    @ Hikari

    Found some logs. Your DoT uptime is in the 60-70% range. Either you don't have a DoT timer or you're playing with your monitor off. On the Megaera fight I looked at, the fight was about 7 minutes and you averaged 1 MB every 12 seconds with 27 DI procs. This is almost inexcusably low. You were also using DP below 3 orbs. The problem isn't your gear. It's you. Work on improving your DoT uptime, only use DP at 3 Orbs. Improve your MFI uptime by timing your DP only when your MB is recently off CD and you've refreshed your DoTs.
    Megaera is not a good fight to look at for dot uptime, there's currently a bug in WoL that doesnt properly display uptime on heads (likely something to do with there being multiple un-targettable enemies with the same name doing attacks nearby) if you were to open the log browser you'd see SWP/VT damage still ticking on heads even though the details view doesn't show any uptime. I tested this a few weeks back and found even multidotting SWP it would continually show no uptime on SWP for extended periods.

    The mindblast statement however is still accurate and is likely the single biggest improvement you can make.
    Looking at durumu the dots are a bit more accurate, showing near perfect uptime on SWP, but sub par VT, indicating you're not refreshing VT when you have Insanity or heavy movement phases upcoming.
    Your durumu fight you had about a 9.2 second delay on MB with 16 DI procs.

  16. #156
    Ah, didn't realize there was an issue with WoL. Excuse my harsh tone. ._.

  17. #157
    Yeah I agree that pretty much every fight I've done in tot has been pretty shit. I seem to panic as soon as I start to move and completely forget how to play. I'm not sure whether it's something you learn over time or it's because I'm used to being a hunter and casting on the run. Are there any kind of addons that you really think I should use?

    Currently using elvui and weak auras, pretty standard, but anything that could help me further while I try to adjust to the improvements that were suggested here.

    Thanks a lot, and don't worry about the harsh tone, it's very much appreciated
    ----

    WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

    ----

  18. #158
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Yeah I agree that pretty much every fight I've done in tot has been pretty shit. I seem to panic as soon as I start to move and completely forget how to play. I'm not sure whether it's something you learn over time or it's because I'm used to being a hunter and casting on the run. Are there any kind of addons that you really think I should use?

    Currently using elvui and weak auras, pretty standard, but anything that could help me further while I try to adjust to the improvements that were suggested here.

    Thanks a lot, and don't worry about the harsh tone, it's very much appreciated
    I come from a warlock before I started playing shadow and I definitely miss being able to move also haha.

    As for addons it really depends how much you track with weakauras as it can pretty much do everything for you. You could check out AffDotsPriest

    The biggest thing for my UI was making Mind Blast CD stupidly big, big castbar, big Devouring Plague CD so you can tell if you can start a last MF:I. Do you have tidyplates with the stacking option on? very helpful for multidotting. Tracking the 1st Shadow Word: Death Cooldown is also very important.

    Have you tried watching some shadow priest pov's on twitch/youtube. Maybe that would help.
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-06-17 at 09:29 PM.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    I come from a warlock before I started playing shadow and I definitely miss being able to move also haha.

    As for addons it really depends how much you track with weakauras as it can pretty much do everything for you. You could check out AffDotsPriest

    The biggest thing for my UI was making Mind Blast CD stupidly big, big castbar, big Devouring Plague CD so you can tell if you can start a last MF:I. Do you have tidyplates with the stacking option on? very helpful for multidotting. Tracking the 1st Shadow Word: Death Cooldown is also very important.

    Have you tried watching some shadow priest pov's on twitch/youtube. Maybe that would help.
    Yeah I sorted my UI a lot, gave more visuals about stuff I need to know and it seems to have helped somewhat, not satisfied though but at least I feel like I'm getting somewhere and can move on from that. http://i.imgur.com/lEWwasB.jpg . Where the trinket proc is on the other side is my swd tracker, it's grey if I don't get an orb and red if I do and the cd shown aswell obviously.

    I'm gonna watch some shadow priest pov on raid bosses a bit more often especially for the movement and multidot kind of fights.

    I also upgraded my lfr lei shen trinket, some priests said I should, so I hope it actually was a good thing to do ^^
    ----

    WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

    ----

  20. #160
    Your UI looks pretty sharp, tbh. Not a lot of clutter and you have the important stuff in the middle. (A tad large for my taste, but to each their own.) Anyway, UVLS is very powerful, even at the LFR level; I'd recommend attaching a sound to your WA for UVLS' proc. (Something distinct, so you know when you hear it that it's time to stop what you're doing and to go balls deep with your DoTs.) I'd post the WA I use, but servers just went down.
    Last edited by otaXephon; 2013-06-18 at 12:11 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •