After days of playing Shadow priest in WOD beta arenas and Ashran, here are some of my opinion on the lvl100 tier talents,
These are all from PVP perspective
Clarity of Power:
This is by far the most stable, viable and actually interesting talent out of all 3.
1. The Instant Mind blast ensure stable generation of shadow Orbs even when getting trained by melees. The current state of beta is extremely interupt-heavy with low haste on caster. Having to choose between Fear n Root also doesn't help keeping melee at bay.
2. 3 seconds reduced CD on Mind Blast speeds up orb generation in a stable way (in comparison to Auspicious Spirits) and at a higher rate on single target until we have loads of crit n haste.
3. This talent opens up two type of DPS rotations
a) Standard dot rotation: Maintain Vampiric touch + SW:Pain -> Devouring Plague -> Instant reduced CD Mind Blast -> Mindflay
b) Dotless burst rotation: Devouring Plague -> 40% bonus instant reduced CD Mind Blast -> 40% bonus Mind Spike Spam
Surprisingly, both rotations produce almost the SAME amount of DPS on a single target raid dummy, which means they are interchangeable at any point of the fight. This talent has a lot of potential in 3s arena when the switch between Dot and Burst mode is timed correctly. Quick Target Switch!
4. At the current beta build, this talent is doing the most dps out of all three talents (Subject to tunning).
This talent is not very viable in pvp due to low CD on dispell from healers, nevertheless
1. This talent is refreshed to full duration(1min) when Devouring Plague is landed so you can easily maintained it up forever (UNLESS it get dispelled).
2. The dot tick damge isn't really that great, it is weaker than that from SW:Pain
3. You can maintain it on 2 targets, possibly with three.
4. Very hard to land and maintain when getting trained. Doesn't help at all.
5. This talent's damage still needs buffing as it is behind Clarity of Power at the current beta build.
Even with Vamparic Touch Dispell protection, the 3 seconds fear isn't as threatening as before due to the slower pace of pvp in WOD.
Its maybe viable when mixed with lock's UA in arena but in BG and Ashran where there are many healers, this talent is simply a joke (and rogue can cloak this 1min dot with ease).
1. Doesn't really speed up orb generation on single target that much at the current ilvl but A LOT when multi-dotting with SW:Pain
2. Since Mana problem is not as big as before, you can spam SW:Pain on all targets without much of a mana issue and try to gain orbs while on the run.
3. The single target damage output is similar to Void entropy, which is also much lower than Clarity of Power. But I am not sure blizz will buff it by much as it quickly gets out of control in large fights.
This talent is really tailored for multi-dotting in BG and Ashran until we have a much higher crit n haste rate.
In conclusion, I find CoP being the most distinctive and game-changing talent. I am happy that they allow us to freely choose between dot and burst with CoP by putting similar DPS on both side. Auspicious Spirits is fun to play with (who doesn't like crazy orb gen while multi-dotting in BG) and it may outrun CoP later in the expansion. Overall, I feel quite satisfied with our lvl100 Talents and can't wait when WOD hits Live!