Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakbake View Post
    But yeah I'm just hoping someone can spot some huge mistake I might have missed out on, as I said before I got the heroic bits I have, things seemed fine. I even had some sideways upgrades from normal that allowed me to drop some mastery items I had so thought it might have balanced out. Am I in the right place DPS wise for my gear level or should I be pushing a little more.
    Haste should be 8086 or slightly more, but not less. You are at 8042 which may be a huge dps loss, especially if u re gemming for that haste.
    Your dps should be a few 1000 higher when u get 4set bonus, and more haste on gear, so u could gem intellect.
    Also don't think of mastery as a very bad stat, it is only very slightly behind crit.

And.. 100k dps mage with 502 ilvl gear is far from good. Their single target dps is insane right now, but u should outperform them at fights with additional targets.

For exmaple my 500 ilvl priest is doing 90k dps on Bladelord, but on Will of emperor he s capable of doing 130k dps.

Deleted
    Yeah as stated in my post, I had to switch my boot enchant mid raid which got me slightly below cap, this will be sorted soon.

I've had such bad luck with tier drops, I'm really hoping for some this week but so far I've come to the conclusion I'm never getting any lol.

You think it could just be because I'm a little behind on gear then?

Posting this on behalf of a friend. I've tried helping her by comparing her logs to some of the higher ranked people on WoL, but as I don't play a shadow priest myself(only as one out of many alts during DS), I can't really find much.

Item Level 498/496
    Expectations: More DPS/finding which mistakes are the reason for low DPS
    Armory Link: Trusmoov
    Worldoflogs Link: Lei Shi 25man heroic tries + kill, ToES25N, Spirit Kings 25H tries + kill and HoF 25N(Bladelord and Windlord{maybe?} heroic)
    WoW-Heroes for more logs/random other info

Things I think she's doing wrong: not enough Halo, not clipping Mind Flay to reapply DoTs/do higher priority spells and possibly bad procc/CD usage.

Any help would be lovely.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Posting this on behalf of a friend. I've tried helping her by comparing her logs to some of the higher ranked people on WoL, but as I don't play a shadow priest myself(only as one out of many alts during DS), I can't really find much.

Item Level 498/496
    Expectations: More DPS/finding which mistakes are the reason for low DPS
    Armory Link: Trusmoov
    Worldoflogs Link: Lei Shi 25man heroic tries + kill, ToES25N, Spirit Kings 25H tries + kill and HoF 25N(Bladelord and Windlord{maybe?} heroic)
    WoW-Heroes for more logs/random other info

Things I think she's doing wrong: not enough Halo, not clipping Mind Flay to reapply DoTs/do higher priority spells and possibly bad procc/CD usage.

Any help would be lovely.
    Biggest issue I'm seeing is improper talent choices.
    She's using Power Infusion and FDCL on every single fight. There's not really any fights this their that cater well to power infusion (its the worst talent in that row).
    FDCL is good, but situational. It excels at high movement and low add population fights (2-3 ideally, at 1 and past 3, mindbender is arguably better).

Her dot uptimes are usually quite good considering. SWP is almost always well done, and VT only tends to be a bit patchy in execute range (with the exception of a few fights I looked though, elegon specifically).
    As you mentioned, halo usage is really low, (2 times per fight on the one Lei Shi pull I looked at). This could very well be a positional thing where she was saving it for a better range. (not sure if intentional) She should get the addon Halo Pro to deal with this. It does an excellent job of telling you where you want to be to do optimal damage, and had options built in for appearance based on cooldown remaining.

As far as protectors goes, She's not the one you want to be looking at on that fight. She and the warlock are the only one NOT spell cleaving and multi dotting their faces off (this only serves to look good on meters and actually means it takes longer to kill the boss) her uptimes and mind blast usage are excellent on this fight. As mentioned above, talent changing would serve well. This fight she should probably use Mind Bender and Divine Insight (or Twist of Fate arguably if she can routinely snipe sub 20% hits on the orbs, some groups may kill them so fast this is difficult) Halo will work well on the first and third boss's for elite mode protectors, but is bad for the 2nd. Divine Star is likely the option she should consider here, especially in a 25man enviroment, It would do like 40k+ raid healing in stage 3 and has very little positional requirement (same damage sitting on the boss or 30 yards away).

Spirit kings, Fairly patchy on all abilities, I get the sense she's overwhelmed on this fight, perhaps not understanding the movement and just following whoever is marked, Or perhaps putting all her focus into getting dispells. May be a good one to discuss with her directly.

Blade Lord, Again really patchy. Personally I absolutely hate this fight on 25man, I find positional requirements relentless on this fight. This is another fight where her talent choice is really affecting stuff, (power infusion requiring you to stay still to fully use the cooldown and halo requiring a very specific range from the boss to do any worthwhile damage) DI is a much better talent choice here, and both divine star and Cascade are arguably advantageous here (cascade more specifically for the solid healing it does in the final stage when your healers are most taxed.)

Another thing I feel is worth mentioning, is her gearing/profession choices.
    Herbalism isn't bad, but it definitely isn't great either. I would highly recommend replacing this with a crafting profession, Tailoring or Engineering are likely the best options as a replacement. (JC or Blacksmithing aren't bad options either, but JC tends to be worth less at the end of an expansion, and Blacksmithing doesn't offer much outside of the free sockets for a priest)

The one trinket she's using isn't that great, Not sure if she's had the opportunity to get the elegon trinket (even normal or lfr). Both of them are better (lfr only marginally so) than the current essence of terror she's using. the DMC beats it out even. Only the heroic essence becomes worthwhile.
    Other than that, Reforging and gemming are good, and she's at the right haste points.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    snip
    Protectors isn't a fight we're worried about anymore, so everybody just does their best to DPSwhore.
    I'll talk to her about minimizing movement/moving at the right times and her talents(is the list on How2Priest still correct?) And I'll check if she has any Elegon trinket lying around and get her to use that instead of Essence of Terror(is LFR Elegon better than 2x upgraded normal Essence?)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Have gotten the WoL logs to work now and want to see what I can improve

Item Level: 494
    Expectations: More dps!
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...chino/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Feng HC http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...0/?s=584&e=998
    Gara'jal HC http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2394&e=2747
    Spirit Kings N http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3093&e=3458

Deleted
    More dps - Im doin something completly wrong
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced
    -

This is just an alt, and i enjoyed playing SP during Wrath and Cata, and aswell now in Pandaria... Just started to gear my SP again. And i wonder if im doin anything wrong ATM with my gear? Enchants? Gems? I know that i have bad gear, but i recived all these items in all the LFR runs in 1 day...

It feels that i should do like around 80-90k dps, but im not sure... I use FDCL and DI + Halo on basically ALL the fights. Any suggestions?

I also wonder if there is any nice Addons for SPs? Any Dot-tracker that is EASY configable?

@Lumina

FDCL is broken right now and does not proc nearly as much as it did pre-5.2. Blues have not yet confirmed whether this was a stealth nerf or a simple bug that's been overlooked; regardless, SW: I is generally a much better choice in that tier anyway. (The only exception would be an encounter where you're multidoting too much to use MF, where I'd still use MB over FDCL due to the decrease in procs.) DI is also great for ST, but ToF is still superior on any encounter where you can game your uptime. (Encounters with a lot of adds, for instance.) Cascade is also situationally superior to Halo in instances where there are a lot of adds and they're too spread out to maximize Halo DPS. (Divine Star still being the choice on any encounter where you're stacked too close to the boss to get optimal Cascade/Halo DPS.) For DoT timers, I personally use ElvUI's built-in DoT timer with Gnosis castbar. ForteXorcist is also pretty easily configurable.

Gearwise, you'd probably get more gem'ing Int/Haste at your level. Going pure haste generally isn't a DPS increase until you're 510+.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for your response otaXephon, gonna min/max my gear now! Change a few gems, talents and get some DoT timers up and running. Im probably gonna use TUKUI on my Main char, and ELVUI on my Priest, due to the dot timers

Once again, thanks. Hopefully it will help, and i'll probably have to stand at a dummy and try my dps a bit more

hello, jus a quick noob question. I tried AskMrR stat weight and optimising to get 24.92% for the 8085 haste brakepoint and wondering if this site takes in to account automatic 5% haste buff from the shadow form? If I check wow armory the haste sits at round 17% when the site showing that my reforges are allright...

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/khadgar/fafarafa 25.02 haste

armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arafa/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by tereu5 View Post
    hello, jus a quick noob question. I tried AskMrR stat weight and optimising to get 24.92% for the 8085 haste brakepoint and wondering if this site takes in to account automatic 5% haste buff from the shadow form? If I check wow armory the haste sits at round 17% when the site showing that my reforges are allright...

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/khadgar/fafarafa 25.02 haste

armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arafa/advanced
    It does cound the 5% from Shadowform. One important thing to note: 24.92% is the 8064 DP+2 breakpoint. 24.97% is the SWP+2/VT+2 (w/4p T14) breakpoint. AMR was told about this mistake back in December but hasn't corrected it, though you can do a manual override if you want to use them...
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

I'm about a few things.
    Armory(Gemmed for Haste):
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dione/advanced

Logs(Heroic Jin attempts):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6fpfakugphqnpmas/

I was at 24,99% Haste then was reforged to gain more Crit/Mastery and I wasnt gemmed for haste.. I find that my DPS is a bit low when looking at logs from other shadow priest. Not sure if its just a gear difference or I'm honestly missing something. Regrettable on a few attempts my debuff uptimes aren't great due to movement/dispelling but I still think I should be doing more.

Currently gemmed for haste I'm at 31,70% so a bit over the next haste breakpoint. Would this be a DPS increase or loss? I loss quiet a bit of a Int to get there.

Deleted
    Item Level 485
    Expectations: More dps than I'm currently pulling around 55k
    Armory Link:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Slytug/advanced

Any help would be great I'm currently lost on what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Saijou View Post
    I'm about a few things.
    Armory(Gemmed for Haste):
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dione/advanced

Logs(Heroic Jin attempts):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6fpfakugphqnpmas/

I was at 24,99% Haste then was reforged to gain more Crit/Mastery and I wasnt gemmed for haste.. I find that my DPS is a bit low when looking at logs from other shadow priest. Not sure if its just a gear difference or I'm honestly missing something. Regrettable on a few attempts my debuff uptimes aren't great due to movement/dispelling but I still think I should be doing more.

Currently gemmed for haste I'm at 31,70% so a bit over the next haste breakpoint. Would this be a DPS increase or loss? I loss quiet a bit of a Int to get there.
    I was going to say you are way over the hit cap, but then I realized you are human and that the armory is dumb. Aside from that reforges and gems look good, nothing sticks out to me.

For the logs, they are all wipes which sort of makes it harder to see what is going on, but I looked at attempt 9 mostly because it was the best one.

During MFI are you double tapping shadow word: death? I am assuming no because you only had 8 but that could have been because you died and depending on the boss' health at that point you might not have been able to do it much. Definitely don't double tap during MFI, you want to hit shadow word death every 6 seconds to generate orbs.

You MB casts seem low, only 29 when you should have been able to get much closer to 41. Missing out on those means fewer DP's which means less MFI. Assuming you were double tapping shadow word death, you only missed one DP... so you are pretty good about that just make sure you stay on top of those MB's better.

Pain uptime is good, VT uptime could be better. Make sure you are also clipping mfi properly and do not interrupt the last cast after DP wears off, you are just cutting yourself out of extra damage doing that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slytug View Post
    Item Level 485
    Expectations: More dps than I'm currently pulling around 55k
    Armory Link:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Slytug/advanced

Any help would be great I'm currently lost on what to do.
    For the gear you have your gemming and reforges look fine. It's probably something in your logs holding you back. Like not casting MB enough or missing DP's. If you can log and upload them to world of logs that would be the best way of trying to see what you are struggling with.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for some help with my gear/DPS. I've currently not got a WoL I can link so that'll have to come in the future. But as far as gearing goes, how am I doing?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Kuler/advanced

And this is what my stats actually look like:
    localhostr.com/file/930/WBp5oh3pZ8a0/5324.png

Thanks in advance!

And sorry for the silly links.

Deleted
    Item Level 501
    Expectations: 100k+
    Armory Link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACa/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ejb/details/1/

according to my sims i should be able to hit 100k with ease, but yet i'm struggling to produce a reasonable amount of dps . Someone please tell me what i am doing wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level 510
    Expectations: More Overall DPS
    Armory Link: Here
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hk30wx1od6x1ddtw/

looking for advise on how to up dps specifically for heroic horridon.
    Last edited by Sierra85; 2013-04-06 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Item Level 510
    Expectations: More Overall DPS
    Armory Link: Here
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hk30wx1od6x1ddtw/

looking for advise on how to up dps specifically for heroic horridon.
    Looking specifically at try 16, (your longest attempt)
    Couple things you can definitely do to improve.

You've got a lot of downtime, looks like during movement phases, (between doors) where you don't have dots up and are not casting. Ensuring you have both dots up on at least one target (boss likely in this case) and using SWP when moving (its really our only spammable spell as is) will make quite a difference. This kind of fight, there really should never be any time where you don't have at least SWP up on one target, ideally VT as well.

Your Mind Blast and SWD usage are abysmal.
    Ideally you want to use Mind Blast on cd, (8 seconds) realistically, this is gonna be more like 9+. Even allowing for an average of 9.5, you had enough time to fit in 56 over the course of that fight, you only got 36. Remember that Mind Blast directly affects the uptime of Devouring Plague. (you are using it with exactly 3 orbs every time at quick glance, so that's positive)
    SWD can be used to snipe easy orbs and ToF procs off the low health adds. You got 9 total that run, I'd expect you should be able to get at least one every 15 seconds, (4 times what you ended up getting)

Talents are going to be largely based on your own choice for this fight. I've seen arguments that say to go with the ones you have chosen, and I've seen some that recommend entirely different approaches.

T3: With the amount of targets you have up, FDCL is likely going to be the top just based on procs available, but at the same time, you will lose a lot to capping and just straight up not having time to cast them. This talent greatly increases your damage while moving.
    Mindbender can be quite valuable should you be the one targetted by the add from what I've heard, (should potentially push the add all the way across the room) as a dps class this is arguably not so much of an issue anyways.
    Insanity is also very valuable here given the uptime you can get on Devouring Plague when combined with Divine Insight. This allows you to apply a lot more damage to specific targets when needed, but you may find yourself with very little time to use it if you use a heavy multi-dotting approach (this may require you to use VT a bit less)

T5:ToF can have some impressive uptime on this fight. Improving your DoT uptime will only make this talent stronger.
    PI, probably not so great here, but not horrible either. Likely wont compare to either of the others until the very end of the fight when it can be combined with the inflated dmg taken modifier on Horridon.
    DI: When combined with insanity, this can wreak havoc. Again, this is going to come down to how much time you want to spend applying VT and how much you want to be using procs. Will drastically increase both Mind Blast and Devouring Plague usage. As well as overall mobility.

T6: Divine star, does solid all around if you're stacked, probably not the greatest here.
    Cascade does the most damage by far with the mobs spread out,
    Halo does solid damage and healing at the same time, requires more effort to line up a good hit however, a luxury you may not have if you get targeted.

Item Level: 507
    Expectations: Keep up with the Warlock
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ebris/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Durumu - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/11w0uql9vox82h64/
    Council/Tortos (he healed on Mega) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jd08cjeamgap3ut9/

Our Priest is consistently doing 20k less than our ~equally geared Boomkin/Lock/Warrior. He tries quite hard and he claims to know the class inside and out, but says that Spriest has just been nerfed too hard. He's even leveled a Feral and is trying to swap to that because he feels they're in a better place dps-wise.

Is Spriest just down the tubes right now, or is our Spriest doing something fundamentally wrong? Any input is appreciated, didn't really know who else to ask.
    Last edited by Kiqjaq; 2013-04-09 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    his gear isn't very good at all, but i don't know how this compares to the other players in question. his ilvl is being inflated pretty heavily by his rep gear. why isn't he gemming his staff with the +500 int gem? that gem isn't used for anything else so it's just rotting if he hasn't used it yet - not like it's his ultimate weapon but the extra +500 int can't hurt. he also might be on the edge gearwise where haste gemming becomes more beneficial than intellect, so make sure he sims to check. blood elf gives no real PVE benefit, especially compared to troll (haste click as well as +5% vs ToTs many beast bosses).

he's also not mindblasting enough (he might be delaying his mindblasts during DP uptime thinking insanity is worth the lost orbs, but it is really a dps loss) and making some odd talent choices for some fights (halo for horridon when cascade is usually better/easier to use, unless you really need the splash healing, and cascade on tortos when the fight just screams for halo).

if he generates more orbs via mindblast/death i'm sure his dps would go up a good deal, especially on add fights.